Hold This Thread While I Walk Away

Thanks Dave and Snap! I weighed in at 240 on the dot. I think I would have been good for 585 on the pull, I told myself that when I get 570, 600 was gonna be attempted, I the next meet in june 610 is the goal. As far as bench goes 340 was the goal but lost my tightness on my second attempt (330) and flared my elbows too much, thats the only time when my bicep intereferes with my lifting. Squat was big for me, 500 to me feels like I have an ok squat lol

If work would ever let me get back on tnation I would log again!

Great videos. Your lifts look solid and glad to see you posting again. Nice way to show up.

Iā€™m glad to see you back Matty. Nice work at the meet.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Thanks Dave and Snap! I weighed in at 240 on the dot. I think I would have been good for 585 on the pull, I told myself that when I get 570, 600 was gonna be attempted, I the next meet in june 610 is the goal. As far as bench goes 340 was the goal but lost my tightness on my second attempt (330) and flared my elbows too much, thats the only time when my bicep intereferes with my lifting. Squat was big for me, 500 to me feels like I have an ok squat lol

If work would ever let me get back on tnation I would log again![/quote]

I would have absolutely gone for 600 as well based on how well 570 moved. It looked to me like you would have gotten it if your head stayed up. At any rate you should good for it next time. Iā€™m looking at June for my next meet as well.

Hopefully, you are back logging regularly meet training starts. Iā€™d like to see how what we are doing compares.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving Matty

I come back and where you at Matt?

BTW: Good lifts man. I know how it is to try and lift with Nerve damage and blown tendonsā€¦

Im gonna start this back up. Im going to start Juggernaut 2.0, first day today

will lead right into my May meet, was toying with March, but fuck that, 2 a year.

Jugglife bitches lol

Accumulation Phase Week 1 day 1

Squat - 300x3x10 275x2x10
Hack squat - 4x20
Single Lying leg curl - 3x20
Leg Ext - 3x15
Rev Hypers / Back raise DB Row combo / Abs

I like itā€¦

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Im gonna start this back up. Im going to start Juggernaut 2.0, first day today

will lead right into my May meet, was toying with March, but fuck that, 2 a year.

Jugglife bitches lol

Accumulation Phase Week 1 day 1

Squat - 300x3x10 275x2x10
Hack squat - 4x20
Single Lying leg curl - 3x20
Leg Ext - 3x15
Rev Hypers / Back raise DB Row combo / Abs

I like itā€¦[/quote]

Looking forward to following your progress Matty. You will beat me to a 600 pull with a May meet.

Great to have you back.

Looking for those Jug numbers to get big. The challenges we face make us work smarter and harder and if we persist then triumph and success are sure to follow. Get Strong!

Looking forward to following your training. And I havenā€™t pulled mixed grip since your injury. Scared the heck out of me.

GV - Me too this high rep stuff on the main lifts aint my thing lol

NH - Shit dude my bad, but at least one of us has learned lol!

Week 1 day 2

bench -

225x5x10 (this was over 60% but it was too low of a number) - SS with face pulls and rev DB Flys
DB Floor Press - 100x3x8
CS Db Row - 70x5x15
Pec Dec - 4x15
Lat Pull down - 4x15
Tris - 150 total reps
HLRs for abs 3x12

swoleski

Jugg Life Week 1 Day 3

So for the first time I did some Sumo Deads (semi sumo) because I am curious and because the weight will be light this week, def need some tweaking but I gotta say I liked it and the pressure on my lower back was nil, and my glutes and hammies were fried. Im not saying I will drop conventional but for longevitys sake maybe this will be the route to go, so it will be in the rotation and who knows.

sumo pulls

Sumo / Conventional pulls 60% of 1RM - 345x5x10
SSB GMs - 165x5x10 (SS with Face Pulls)
Lever Row - 2plts x2x15 3plts x2x15
Voghepol Row - 3x15
Tri Ladder - 5x10 (SS with band pusdowns 4x15)
HLR 3x10

Dr. Yahtzee welcome back! Nice meet results

1 Like

Thanks OG!

Big turn out at my gym, Animal was there with the return of Evan OX Centopani (sp) there were other IFBB pros as well. Had no idea who they were but there were tons of people at my gym, which for all intents and purposes is generally pretty empty. Henri Skiba was there and I spoke to him for a while, such a great guy, I will probably train at his gym a few times a month.

Anyway

Jugg Life week1 day 4

OH Press - 150x5x10 SS Band Row (Used to be my favorite lift, now it causes so much discomfort:neutral_face:
Klokov Press - 95x2x15
Chins - 3x12
Meadows 6 Way - 15x2x10
Face Pull - 3x15
SGHP- wut 275x3
DB Shrugs - 115x4x15

big squat.

nice work at your meet.
really - good good stuff.

I was hoping for juggs life.
will be following

Thanks Bro Namath!

Past few days of Jugg Life

Week 2

Day 1

Bench - 225x10,10,14
DB Flat Bench - 100x4x8
DB CS Row - 65x5x15
Flys - 4x15
Incline DB Bench - 75x4x10
Face Pulls - 4x15

Day 2

315x10, 10 335x8 405x2,2,2 (not part of the program)
Leg Press - 4x15
Single leg Press - 3x20
SSB Squat - 180x5x5
Back Raise / Row combo - 3x12 (35lbs)
Face pulls / Kayak Row

Yesterdayā€¦

Seated OHP - Wut - 225x3, 150x12 (SS chins)
DB Flat Bench - 75x10 100x2x10 75x10 (SS Face Pulls)
Klokov Press - Barx20 95x15,10 45x15
SGHP - 225x3x3
Lat PD - 5x15
Tris

last two days:

Saturday I was able to train at Henri Skibas Gym in Carteret NJ, what a great time. The Yoda of PLing is a true gentleman and cornucopia of knowledge of with regards to the sport. He should receive more notoriety than he gets:

I was able to use for the first time, a reverse hyper machine, wow this could be my missing link, I did 4 sets and they were pretty difficult. I also always thought I was a glue and hamstring dominant lifter, and that still may be the case but my glutes and hammies are still weak as fark.

Pulled a little bit too. worked up to 545x1 which was ugly and 495x3
Pendlays up to 315x3 then DS 225x10

THEN

a GHR machine, where you can use plates to aid you, it was incredible and incredibly humbling.

I hope I can get there a few times a month, it was great if your ever in Jersey and close to Carteret, give him a buzz, youll be glad you did.

Sunday

Bench Press fuckery and other fuckery, admittedly I shouldnt of trained because I was pretty banged up but my wife hit a PR on her DL at 300, very proud of her.

deads at skibas