Hoffman Program 1943

[quote]Major Dan wrote:
eb-
#5 (Lie on the back, with barbell against the top of the head. Now raise it to position above the chest, with elbows on the floor. )
sounds more like a pullover than a floor press.
The barbell against the top of the head I take to mean on the floor ‘above’ the head, not resting on top of the head (and who would bench from there anyway?) :slight_smile:
[/quote]

You are exactly correct, as the photo on the site indicates, it is in fact a “Pullover.” Thanks for the correction.

Yup the appearance of steroids and HIT sure strayed people from the good path.

I re-read CT’s Isometrics For Mass. Unlike Hoffman, CT recommends holding a lighter weight for longer periods of time and in three different positions. So the if you want a sligh strength increase you should hold heavy weights for 6-12sec and for a bit mass it’s CT’s thing.

I’ll only try this if I’m not making it in some lift. Otherwise I’ve got too many other things planned for the winter.

maloneted:

Your idea sounds interesting. However, I wonder if you would simply be better off doing a slow motion curl. Not real slow…but slower than normal.

As far as “building a better bicep peak” I don’t think you can do that (not sure). Doesn’t the Bicep muscle keep the same shape that it is? Regardless of how large you make it with weight training.

Perhaps some of the T-Men who are more inclined to Bodybuilding can answer that question from a first hand experience.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
maloneted:

As far as “building a better bicep peak” I don’t think you can do that (not sure). Doesn’t the Bicep muscle keep the same shape that it is? Regardless of how large you make it with weight training.[/quote]

That was a joke, Zeb. I was kidding. I already have a huge bicep peak from my 3 bicep workouts per week.

That was a joke, too,
Toddy

[quote]ZEB wrote:
maloneted:

Your idea sounds interesting. However, I wonder if you would simply be better off doing a slow motion curl. Not real slow…but slower than normal.
[/quote]

I completely agree. Even if my idea does work, who knows if it works better than anything else. Like I said, I just don’t know much about isometrics and actually am kind of curious now.

I can’t stand the isometric system,
Toddy