Hockey Trophy Accident

Funny or tragic? You decide.

Not Stanley Cup but Memorial Cup.

All is well that end well.
It’s not real, just a crappy replica.

Guess who the Memorial Cup is sponsored by?

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
Funny or tragic? You decide.

Not Stanley Cup but Memorial Cup.

All is well that end well.
It’s not real, just a crappy replica.

Guess who the Memorial Cup is sponsored by?[/quote]

haha, oops.

That was pretty funny, but sad at the same time, because it’s sad to see something that obviously means alot historically just…snap like that.

Hilarious! I am from Spokane. I have lifted weights with some of the Chiefs players. I saw the game, but missed this part! My step dad was talking about how funny it would be if the presenters slipped on the ice & broke the cup. Then he & I went outside for a minute… and my mom started laughing like crazy. We missed the funniest part of the event.

Can’t believe that happened. I’ve heard they really revere the Memorial Cup; not like the Stanley Cup where they party their socks off with it @ clubs, etc. So it’s kind of a bummer that this happened, too.

Renee

The video I’ve seen leads me to believe it was already broken, just gave out at an unfortunate time. The cup was held to the trophy with one flimsy screw.

But as you said…not the real trophy, so no harm done.

Poor guy, must have been embarrassed as hell. Funny shit though.

I thought it was hilarious. I am from Tri-Cities and an Americans fan. For those of you who dont know, the team that one(Spokane Chiefs) is our bitter enemy, arch rival. When we played them this year in the playoffs there were 5 OT games and 3 went to double OT. Could have easily been us winning the championship but the breaks went the other way. Im sure we will be laughing at this one for a long time to come.

Arch enemies, that’s very true! Chiefs Rule!! Lol. Tri-Cities game that I saw here in Spokane was a close one. You’ve got a good team, Bigpull.

Renee