Hockey Is Back!

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
I didn’t think anybody noticed it was gone. I want to like hockey because it is dominated by whites, but I can’t. It sucks. [/quote]

Don’t you know you’ve got African blood!? Embrace it, man.

Well the NHL lost it’s casual fan because of this. So only us hardcore fans are here. I think this is a great opportunity to re-write the rules and make the sport better. Owners and execs have resisted change for years, like removing the red line, getting rid of icing. Every year officials say they will call more holding, and they do for the first two months and then they stop. If they would continue to call it players would get the idea that they can’t get away with it anymore and force them to play.

There are rumors that they will move the net back a bit more to increase offense, the idea being defense can’t crash back there on an offensive player. (As a side note, they moved the net forward thinking it would increase offense, since Gretzky made a living behind the net. They forgot two things, 1.you need a small and skilled player to pull that off, and 2. there’s only one Gretzky.)

As far as marketing the sport, they’re in deep do-do. They have never done a good job marketing their players, and stupidity like Bertuzzi gives the public the idea that it’s only a Canadian sport filled with thugs with European names no one can spell. They need to have a McGuire-Sosa like record chase to bring the fans back.

And I really do not understand the idea of rooting for a sport because it is dominated by whites, as written previously here. These are incredibly talented athletes and I really don’t care what color their skin is. You root for Jersey colors. So it’s really not dominated by whites, last I checked the Red Wings and Devils were very dominating. So I guess it’s “red” sport. I’d love to have Jarome Iginla on my team any day as well.

This is also the first time any pro-sport was given a complete do-over. There are over 400 free agents to sign. Teams will be completely made over. Now we see who has the good GMs.

Lastly, ticket prices better go down if they want the casual fans to come back. They better for me. I go to MSG, and the NHL (players, owners and all) have deprived me of the rite to boo my over-paid, under-achieving, over-the-hill, injury-prone, miss-managed, poorly-coached, and playoff-missing beloved Rangers for an entire year.

Redwings Suck!

-Alex

I’ve been living in Texas for the past couple of years so I don’t exactly remember what hackey is… it’s the one where you throw the stones down the ice into circles, right?

How is it that we’ve had a thread going this long and there hasn’t been a single “GO LEAFS!!!” ?

Go Phoenix!!!

La’
Redsol1

Who cares…

Hey look … hockey is back … yet still nobody cares.

I’m not sure which of these 3 things sucks the most:
(1) baseball
(2) shaving my ass
(3) hockey

Bastard!

[quote]David Barr wrote:
I’ve been living in Texas for the past couple of years so I don’t exactly remember what hackey is… it’s the one where you throw the stones down the ice into circles, right?

How is it that we’ve had a thread going this long and there hasn’t been a single “GO LEAFS!!!” ?[/quote]

That’s because everybody outside of the Greater Toronto Area despise the leafs.

Come to think of it everybody outside the Greater Toronto Area despises Toronto.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
It would be nice to see a sport dominated by whites that doesn’t suck. Hockey is lilly white but it sucks.

That’s what I’m saying. I like basketball and football by the way. I live in the middle of some pretty good hockey, the Avs have won a couple of times and the DU Pioneers are really good, but I can’t appreciate it. I just know that I’m gonna miss some Nuggets games because they are showing Avs games. I hope you’re real happy. [/quote]

There’s always golf.

[quote]Vash wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
Long live the Avalanche!

That’s in the Bible.

Or at least it should be.

[/quote]

I believe you will find it in with Sodom and Gomorrah.

Go Habs!

[quote]vroom wrote:
Go Habs![/quote]

I definately agree! I pray Montreal gets 1st overall pick and get Sidney Crosby. Things should get interesting once the lottery draft happens. I don’t mind any team that gets that 1st pick as long as it is not the Leafs!!!