Hockey 09 Baby

Crosby IS really good. Anyone that can pull off drop-in hockey moves in the NHL is definitely good.

example:

[quote]Digity wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
I’m what you call a very rare, southern born and raised hockey fan, been one ever since the Thrashers came to Atlanta. We always had the mediocre goal of making it to the playoffs. Now that that has happened I�??ve drastically raised my hopes. I now want to win a post season game. In about 40 years, I�??ll be hoping they win the cup. Hah!

40 years…do you think the Thrashers will last that long? Frankly, I pray some of these teams like Thrashers or Yotes relocated to Canada. We’re getting the shaft from Bettman. We could really use another team in Southern Ontario, because we’re hockey obsessed here and all we have are the Leafs or Buffalo to cheer for…and kinda Ottawa.[/quote]

I don’t think they get very good TV ratings, but you pretty much can’t get walk up tickets to most of the games.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Digity wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
I’m what you call a very rare, southern born and raised hockey fan, been one ever since the Thrashers came to Atlanta. We always had the mediocre goal of making it to the playoffs. Now that that has happened I�??ve drastically raised my hopes. I now want to win a post season game. In about 40 years, I�??ll be hoping they win the cup. Hah!

40 years…do you think the Thrashers will last that long? Frankly, I pray some of these teams like Thrashers or Yotes relocated to Canada. We’re getting the shaft from Bettman. We could really use another team in Southern Ontario, because we’re hockey obsessed here and all we have are the Leafs or Buffalo to cheer for…and kinda Ottawa.

The Wings are practically in southern Ontario, they don’t get much love in Windsor though.

Excuse my ignorance, but in your opinion, where would be a good locale in southern Ontario for a team? London maybe, or am I thinking to far to the west? I have never been east of Niagra in Canada, so I don’t know where would be a hockey hotspot.

[/quote]

If I could put a team anywhere I wanted in Southern Ontario I’d put a second team in Toronto. Will that ever happen? Not likely. The Leafs would push Bettman not to allow it. However, if New York can have a million teams…then why not Toronto when it comes to hockey? We’re suppose to be the mecca…we’d have more than enough fans to support both teams.

[quote]Magnate wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:

Viva La Crosby!

I hate him. And I think it is solely because every show and announcer makes him out to be Jesus on ice skates. It’s painful to watch, especially during the playoffs when they ask questions to players from the western conference about him in the first and second rounds. Theyre trying to force him into the next Gretzky and it reminds me of the massive media fellatio that Tom Brady got last season.[/quote]

I hate that as well, but I really hate him for all the diving. I know a lot of players do it now, but he takes it to a whole new level. There’s no denying his talent and skill set, though. I guess that’s part of what bothers me so much about him. He has the skill to completely dominate a game. He doesn’t need to dive constantly to get the calls.

[quote]Digity wrote:
Magnate wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:

Viva La Crosby!

I hate him. And I think it is solely because every show and announcer makes him out to be Jesus on ice skates. It’s painful to watch, especially during the playoffs when they ask questions to players from the western conference about him in the first and second rounds. Theyre trying to force him into the next Gretzky and it reminds me of the massive media fellatio that Tom Brady got last season.

It’s NOT Crosby’s fault…it’s the MEDIA that’s trying to make him out to be the next Gretzky. Your hate is misplaced.[/quote]

well acually the reason i dont liek crosby is one, he doesnt hustle, ive watched countless games where you doesnt skate to his full poteiontal and im sorry but if your getting paid that much and everybody thinks your god you better skate. The 2nd reason is because hes a little bitch, hes the guy who trips you and when you come back to him he has his tough guys protect him. Hes a little punk who thinks hes above evryone else, ovecnhkin is the man for many reason if anything he will be next gretzky not crosby.

[quote]mrw173 wrote:
Magnate wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:

Viva La Crosby!

I hate him. And I think it is solely because every show and announcer makes him out to be Jesus on ice skates. It’s painful to watch, especially during the playoffs when they ask questions to players from the western conference about him in the first and second rounds. Theyre trying to force him into the next Gretzky and it reminds me of the massive media fellatio that Tom Brady got last season.

I hate that as well, but I really hate him for all the diving. I know a lot of players do it now, but he takes it to a whole new level. There’s no denying his talent and skill set, though. I guess that’s part of what bothers me so much about him. He has the skill to completely dominate a game. He doesn’t need to dive constantly to get the calls.[/quote]

Thats another reason, your right bro he took diving to far he needs to stay on his feet

Crod - how do you feel Garth Snow has done as GM? What’s the deal with what happened to Nolan?

[quote]mrw173 wrote:
Crod - how do you feel Garth Snow has done as GM? What’s the deal with what happened to Nolan?[/quote]

To tell you the truth I didnt think Garth snow was a good gm when he started. I just thought something was wrong but he hasnt done such a bad job. The whole nolan thing, ill agree he did have some fauls.

I didnt like how he didnt play the younger guys more, but yano we werent such a bad team. The thing is is I dont think he shoudl be fired because evrytime you fire a coach the players have to learn from some one new and that whole team chemisrty is gone. So you cant keep firing coachs when ever you want.

I heard Nolan and SNow had problems but im sure that they could of worked it out. THen again if it was that bad than maybe it was a good move

1. my reference was to the Pens, not the Flyers

2. Hate the media, not Crosby for saying “Crosby is Jesus on skates”. Unlike Tom Brady, Crosby doesnt have a swagger to him and tries horribly to act humble when in fact you are the most egotistical duechebag in the world *cough Tom Brady *cough

3. He makes some unneccessary dives, but I also think it is over exagerrated by those looking for a way to critize hime

4. Crosby will not be Gretzky; but he will always be in his shadow

5. Of course he is gonna get protected. He is a star player!

[quote]Digity wrote:
Testy1 wrote:
Digity wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:

40 years…do you think the Thrashers will last that long? Frankly, I pray some of these teams like Thrashers or Yotes relocated to Canada. We’re getting the shaft from Bettman. We could really use another team in Southern Ontario, because we’re hockey obsessed here and all we have are the Leafs or Buffalo to cheer for…and kinda Ottawa.

The Wings are practically in southern Ontario, they don’t get much love in Windsor though.

Excuse my ignorance, but in your opinion, where would be a good locale in southern Ontario for a team? London maybe, or am I thinking to far to the west? I have never been east of Niagra in Canada, so I don’t know where would be a hockey hotspot.

If I could put a team anywhere I wanted in Southern Ontario I’d put a second team in Toronto. Will that ever happen? Not likely. The Leafs would push Bettman not to allow it. However, if New York can have a million teams…then why not Toronto when it comes to hockey? We’re suppose to be the mecca…we’d have more than enough fans to support both teams.[/quote]

The Leafs are such a storied franchise that I couldn’t imagine torontans(?), rooting for another team. New Yorkers are very divided on their alliegences.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
Digity wrote:
Magnate wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:

The 2nd reason is because hes a little bitch, hes the guy who trips you and when you come back to him he has his tough guys protect him. Hes a little punk who thinks hes above evryone else, ovecnhkin is the man for many reason if anything he will be next gretzky not crosby. [/quote]

This is how I always felt about Gretzky. He’s a great talent, but I would like to have seen him play during Howes period.

That’s what I love about Yzerman, even though he was a franchise player he was never above going into the corners or doing what it takes to win.

The only reason the media is fawning over Crosby and not Ovecnkin are his north American roots. The hockey world hates that the wings have been able to thrive using European players.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

The only reason the media is fawning over Crosby and not Ovecnkin are his north American roots. The hockey world hates that the wings have been able to thrive using European players.[/quote]

Doesnt he play for the Capitals?

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
Testy1 wrote:

The only reason the media is fawning over Crosby and not Ovecnkin are his north American roots. The hockey world hates that the wings have been able to thrive using European players.

Doesnt he play for the Capitals?

[/quote]

Yeah, I’m just saying that the Europeans don’t get their props.

Everyone was saying they’re too soft for North American hockey, yet it is guys like Holmstrom out there taking a beating night after night. Hockey is supposed to be tough, so when the messiah is taking dives, it makes it hard to respect him.

I dont got anything against them… Hell they could come from the middle of a desert and I wouldnt care

Bust your ass or put up skill

Floppin is exaggerated. He does it but not the extent that people critize. He shouldnt do it at all none the less

Only one team out there has a guy named Milan Lucic.

Nothing more need be said.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Digity wrote:
Testy1 wrote:
Digity wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:

If I could put a team anywhere I wanted in Southern Ontario I’d put a second team in Toronto. Will that ever happen? Not likely. The Leafs would push Bettman not to allow it. However, if New York can have a million teams…then why not Toronto when it comes to hockey? We’re suppose to be the mecca…we’d have more than enough fans to support both teams.

The Leafs are such a storied franchise that I couldn’t imagine torontans(?), rooting for another team. New Yorkers are very divided on their alliegences.[/quote]

A lot of (former) Leafs fans grew tired of the team and cheered for other teams like Detroit, Pittsburgh…a lot jumped on the Sabres bandwagon, but now they’re not so good. I think there’s a lot of disgruntled Leafs fans that can’t afford to see a game live that would jump ship and join another Toronto team.

Hamilton could support a team better than 75% of the NHL.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Only one team out there has a guy named Milan Lucic.

Nothing more need be said.[/quote]

Who? J/K

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:

1. my reference was to the Pens, not the Flyers
    [/quote]

I don’t think the Pens will necessarily be worse than last year. They lost a great player in Hossa, but he wasn’t with them for most of last year, anyway. Losing Malone will hurt their depth as well. But, when you lack scoring depth on the wings, it helps having the talent they do at center. You don’t have to have extraordinary talent to put beside Crosby or Malkin.

It still boggles my mind, though, that they don’t put some money into that blueline. Orpik is no star, but I guess re-signing him is a good start.

Let’s hear it for another season of dissapointing ratings, high scoring matches, even more rule changes and yet another Stanley Cup for the worst city in the world: Detroit.

PASS.

Watch NFL Football instead.