Hitting Nerves In Quad?

I’ve been a lurker on the forum for a while, and am about to do my first cycle.

Stats:
Height: 5’4
Weight: 163 lbs 10% bf
Training: Been training since 15 , am currently competing in powerlifting
BP: 270
DL: 505
Squat: 415

Anyways, I plan on doing just a 12 week Test E cycle. I’ve been doing a lot of reading on quad injections, and it seems like everyone hits nerves? Is it really that common, and is there a way to avoid it? I plan on pinning upper outer quad, it’s the only way I think I’d feel comfortable since I can use 2 hands. Any tips on how to avoid hitting nerves or is it really inevitable. Hitting nerves sounds like it would be detrimental to my training.

If it happens, it happens. It’s not really that bad, just gives you a fright.

You should seriously consider pinning your glutes or delts. They’re the best IMO

[quote]Yogi wrote:
If it happens, it happens. It’s not really that bad, just gives you a fright.

You should seriously consider pinning your glutes or delts. They’re the best IMO[/quote]

So it’s not preventable? and I can’t really wrap my head around the idea of not being able to use both hands… I have small hands to begin with, I need both hands to feel safe lol.

I pretty much only pin my quads and have never had it happen… Just saying

[quote]Reed wrote:
I pretty much only pin my quads and have never had it happen… Just saying[/quote]

Upper outer quad right?

[quote]KingGoku wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:
I pretty much only pin my quads and have never had it happen… Just saying[/quote]

Upper outer quad right? [/quote]

Correct also very middle of Vastus Medialis as well but don’t recommend that until you know what your doing

I get crippling injection pain in my quads every time. No idea why.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I get crippling injection pain in my quads every time. No idea why.[/quote]

I’m like that with glutes.

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I get crippling injection pain in my quads every time. No idea why.[/quote]

I’m like that with glutes. [/quote]

I wonder what causes it? It’s a pain in the arse because quads are the easiest area to pin by far.

I hate pinning quads, I always seem to have gushers and its super sensative there for me for some reason

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
I hate pinning quads, I always seem to have gushers and its super sensative there for me for some reason[/quote]

Damn, you guys are scaring me. I’m not too sure I want to pin anywhere else besides quads… I really don’t think I’d be comfortable using just 1 hand.

Ive only done quads thus far. Hurting pretty bad for a couple days after (only onto 3rd pin), no gushers or bad experiences. Very easy to do though.

Do it for the gainz brah

Pinning is like jerking off, sure, its nice to do it with two hands, but can it be done with 1? Absolutely! And if you can’t do it with 1 then you must have a pussy

Usually if you touch a nerve you just feel a little twinge that causes something to flex briefly, however even if unlikely there is always a chance you can sever something serious and cause local paralysis, this is why the common inject spots are ones not very dense with nerves and arteries. For this reason though I always inject really slow and never jam it in there, that way if you are coming up on a nerve there is a good chance you put pressure and cause it to fire before slicing through it. All in all though I may have triggered one maybe once or twice, really not a big big deal.

Some people find the quadricep kind of painful, but I don’t mind, some people like some spots better than others. I put 2+ cc in my delt one time and it was fucking excruciating. In my ignorance I was icing the spot religiously too and in all likelihood dropping the solute out of suspension and making it worse. However I’m the same way in that I feel the need to have a steady hand, I cant even reach my delts in a way that I feel comfortable with.

Best spot ever though, ventral glute hands down. I want to say that the actual muscle you pierce through is the Tensor Fascia Latae (TFL). You can easily sit down, find it and reach it both hands from the front; it sort of pops out from the crease of your hip when you sit down. The least painful spot I have ever used. In fact I only use VG and outer quad, even on ED injections.

You can even inject most oils subQ with an insulin needle rather painless, however this is not practical for cycles involving much of fluid volume, as there is less blood flow and slower absorption. There is also a chance of accumulating oil in between the skin/fat layer and the muscle which will cause a knot that may take some time to go away. I did a short test prop and nandrolone prop cycle injecting subq ED and it was fine. I now however take a small weekly test dose of test E 400 subq @ .1ml ED and it causes swelling in the area for a handful of days, even at .05ml per site! .3 ml per site made me look like I implanted a golf ball under my skin.

Slin pins + properly prepared gear and no where should hurt that bad.

I like pecs. That way I can feel like John Travolta in pulp fiction every pin

[quote]Steve Rogers wrote:
Slin pins + properly prepared gear and no where should hurt that bad.

I like pecs. That way I can feel like John Travolta in pulp fiction every pin[/quote]

If you don’t carry much fat on your quads, can you use slin pins on quads?

I do. Ventro is the only place I don’t use slin pins.

I’ve hit nerves in my quad but as long as you pin slow you can be sure your not gonna go through a nerve. My leg twitches when I get close or just poke it so I pull out, put new pin in and jab again. Glutes are the best IMO. I was nervous at first but it was a lot better than my first quad pin. Insert slow and inject slow.

I pinn all over.  quad and gluts are my preferred but after I do each 2 times I go to delts then pecks.  I like the gluts best because you can pin moor in there do to the size.  One time I even pinned 2 ml in my calf.  I will never do that again.  not even a .5ml  call me a puss if you much.  But I limped for 3 days.  

I change up because after a few pinns my juice starts coming back out and it pisses me off to see the waste.  It's like spilling your protein drink f~ing uggggg