Hit Weight Goal; What Now?

I have been eating and lifting from 153 to 175. I am about 5’10". I put on this weight
to move up weight classes in martial arts and to become stronger. I’d like to stay at this weight, though I know most people my height generally go for more.

That being said, I still look like im coming off a bulk, and am not exactly cut at this weight. Do I stop bulking here and start doing more cardio/reps to tone out? Or do I go up to 185 then cut down to 175? While it was nice to see my goal weight, I don’t exactly know how to make it LOOK solid now.

edit: I also play play sports which require me to move fast, so getting much larger might impair me. Thats another reason im stopping at 175

well you may want to just stop for a bit get used to this weight learn how to hold it. take a few month maintain this your body will mature to the weight etc and youll get all your condition etc to or higher then it was at a lower weight in time and then make the choice if you want to go higher etc.

if you just quickly pack on 10 lbs and cut it right off youll pretty much be right where you are now let your body get used to and comfortable with the added 20
+lbs

most of this i say do to your sports goals etc

Phill

I assume now I drop my calories back to 2500 or so. Ive been on an 8x3 set/rep program. Should I change that to 3x10? How do I get rid of excess fat put on while bulking? Where do I go from here? Thanks.

[quote]JJ! wrote:
How do I get rid of excess fat put on while bulking?[/quote]

You hold the T shaped toneing device between your legs and turn it on you should have a six pack in no time with this baby.

Dont forget to put in the crystals…

[quote]JJ! wrote:
I assume now I drop my calories back to 2500 or so. Ive been on an 8x3 set/rep program. Should I change that to 3x10? How do I get rid of excess fat put on while bulking? Where do I go from here? Thanks.[/quote]

depends how much have you been eating??? if you go back to what you did prior your jst going to go back to that same person/body

you need to maintain this weight even the fat for some time a few months at least get your body used to it make it keep that new muscle. by just eating to hold that weight and not gain but maintain if you keep training hard you’ll shed a bit of fat

training, 10 x 3, 3 x 10, 4 x 8, 5 x5 just work hard do what has and does work for you and your goals

Phill

[quote]n3wb wrote:
JJ! wrote:
How do I get rid of excess fat put on while bulking?

You hold the T shaped toneing device between your legs and turn it on you should have a six pack in no time with this baby.

Dont forget to put in the crystals…[/quote]

you cock-monger, he posted in the ‘n3wb’ section too.

Hey JJ,
Hit maintenance calories, meaning, a calorie amount in which you can maintain your body weight, just check your weight every few days to make sure you are not gaining / losing.

Then do some conditioning, play sports, some sprinting(depending on your sport),
and a favorite of mine… if you have access to a leg press machine(or any kind of rack), go there during a non-busy time and put most of the 45lb plates on the leg press, then take them off and put them on the lower rung of a weight rack(squat).

This will get your blood flowing realllly nice, and it’s good for over-all conditioning. Do this 3x a week, at the end of a workout or on your off days. Just do it until you feel exhausted(wont take very long)

After the conditioning and doing what i recommended for a few weeks, while keeping your protein intake solid, Hitting the weights, doing the off day stuff, and some more cardio, before you know it, you will have packed on a few more lbs of LBM(lean body mass), and shed some of the bulking fat.

Don’t shy away from eating though, watch your weight, make sure you are not losing/gaining, this is key. Don’t starve your body while you are expecting maximum performance.

Good luck man, train hard.

[quote]JJ! wrote:
I assume now I drop my calories back to 2500 or so. Ive been on an 8x3 set/rep program. Should I change that to 3x10? How do I get rid of excess fat put on while bulking? Where do I go from here? Thanks.[/quote]

Don’t change reps in order to ‘tone’. Your best option for now is to cut calories to a maintenance level and keep the reps the same. If you start lifting lighter weights, even for higher reps, you may not hold onto all of the muscle that you gained. High reps won’t make you lean. Add in some interval training if you need it, or just work a little harder at your sport.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
JJ! wrote:

Dont forget to put in the crystals…[/quote]

Cracking me up lately. Good choice to add you as a friend.

[quote]ShaneM686 wrote:
n3wb wrote:
JJ! wrote:

Dont forget to put in the crystals…

you cock-monger, he posted in the ‘n3wb’ section too.

[/quote]

the OP knows how to lose weight

but Im sure your putting plates on the leg press… and takeing them off idea is going to help burn tons of calories.

Are you questioning it?

Try it big guy, we will see how long you last squating 45 lbs, walking with 45 lbs, shoving them on the leg press and doing it over and over with no rest.

Tell me how long you last.