Hit Those F'ing Glutes

Hey Jim!

I have a 280kg(615) squat and a 305kg(672) deadlift, raw of course and i am using your program.

Been taking 10% of my TM and use that as my increase in the warmup to get some more volume in and then doing the 531 sets always trying for a pr on the last set and if i feel good i do some jokers and then do some down sets at 5-8 reps of like 3-5 sets depending on the exercise and how i feel.

Usually i feel that’s pretty much it at lower body days sometimes i maybe throw in some abwheel or legraises. But now my ass are not up to par, it’s really weak and i dont even use them at lockout in the deadlift, i just use pure back and i feel i have more potential if i increase the glute strenght.

Lets get to the problem if i cut out any volume in my main work i stagnate quickly( have tried it several times), but at the same time if i do more work for the glutes like lunges or something similar i stagnate aswell. How the hell should i do this? I refuse to do those fucking glute bridges or whatever they are called.
I hate doing things without a plan.

How do you know your glutes are weak? This glute phenomenon is just another trend. Squat and pull and quit listening to the static.

I was gonna come in and say hit some one legged bridges, weak side first. You’d be surprised. But, then I saw you were already living south of vag.

[quote]killer_kicks88 wrote:
I was gonna come in and say hit some one legged bridges, weak side first. You’d be surprised. But, then I saw you were already living south of vag. [/quote]

Really? A guy who pulls and squats 6+ is living south of vag?

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

I was gonna come in and say hit some one legged bridges, weak side first. You’d be surprised. But, then I saw you were already living south of vag. [/quote]

Really? A guy who pulls and squats 6+ is living south of vag? [/quote]

I thought it was weird him asking about weak glutes, then preemptively saying no to bridges, which is a decent option. S.O.V is just common speak around here, but I get what you’re sayin’. Dude is strong. And somehow does it all with…weak glutes?..

I thought it was weird him asking about weak glutes, then preemptively saying no to bridges, which is a decent option. S.O.V is just common speak around here, but I get what you’re sayin’. Dude is strong. And somehow does it all with…weak glutes?..
[/quote]

Yea - I know what it means. But if I was moving those numbers I’d wonder why you were basically calling me weak. It’s not just a saying - it’s saying “your out of shape, fat and weak.” That is the origin of the NOV mantra.

My training partner knows nothing of weak glutes or weak lower back or upper back type talk for making his deadlift go up. He’s 55 years old and a 650+ deadlifter. Some people just don’t know any better. They are as you say - “Dude is strong”. All he knows is - more reps and the increases will come.