Hit Man: Thoughts?

Hey, guys!

I’m not familiar with the Video Game, but really enjoyed the movie! (I rented it this past weekend).

“How about dying with a little dignity”?

(Cool scene!).

Questions:

1. Your thoughts on the movie and its “trueness” to the Video Game?

2. What do you think was trying to be said about the main characters sexuality? (Asexual? More important things? Sex could compromise the mission?)

Anyway…your thoughts!

Mufasa

Asexual?

He was busy and afraid she might have an STD.

LOL!

Thanks, Prof!

I’m thinking more “Survival Before Sex”, but DAMN! She wasn’t very subtle at throwing it at him!

Mufasa

By the way…

My question comes from the fact that these Video Games will often have a long history and dedicated following, allowing for better insights into the characters.

Mufasa

Being of Russian descent, why can’t we be the good guys in a film, just once? Now I know why the Italians are bitching. Rasskazhi eto komu-nibud’ drugomu.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Being of Russian descent, why can’t we be the good guys in a film, just once? Now I know why the Italians are bitching. Rasskazhi eto komu-nibud’ drugomu. [/quote]

You had your one turn with Enemy at the Gates, so now you have to wait until the germans get their turn. Don’t hold your breath.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Hey, guys!

I’m not familiar with the Video Game, but really enjoyed the movie! (I rented it this past weekend).

“How about dying with a little dignity”?

(Cool scene!).

Questions:

1. Your thoughts on the movie and its “trueness” to the Video Game?

2. What do you think was trying to be said about the main characters sexuality? (Asexual? More important things? Sex could compromise the mission?)

Anyway…your thoughts!

Mufasa[/quote]

I thought you’d be looking for advice on a career change. I’m a bit disappointed.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Being of Russian descent, why can’t we be the good guys in a film, just once? Now I know why the Italians are bitching. Rasskazhi eto komu-nibud’ drugomu. [/quote]

Because Russians (living in Russia) are fucking assholes.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Being of Russian descent, why can’t we be the good guys in a film, just once? Now I know why the Italians are bitching. Rasskazhi eto komu-nibud’ drugomu.

Because Russians (living in Russia) are fucking assholes.[/quote]

Hater.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

Because Russians (living in Russia) are fucking assholes.[/quote]

This man would like a word with you.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

Because Russians (living in Russia) are fucking assholes.

Hater.
[/quote]

Naturally I should have said “the majority of Russians I’ve met in Russia.” Gotta love gross generalizations.

1st Game - Great
2nd Game - Better
3rd Game - I did not like as much

Movie is loosely based on his origins but if they had made a movie out of the 1st game it would have been a home run.

I did enjoy the movie. If nothing more than him getting after those Russians. :wink:

I liked Hit Man ok, but it was kind of dull. The writers didn’t seem very confident in the material, and couldn’t decide whether they wanted to be Bourne Identity or Mission Impossible, or Shoot Em Up.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

Wait for the Russian counter terrorist to chase down Middle Eastern bad guys on the big screen. Then, you can giggle and I can whine.

I liked the intro song.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

Wait for the Russian counter terrorist to chase down Middle Eastern bad guys on the big screen. Then, you can giggle and I can whine.[/quote]

They are making a Rainbow 6 movie. Of course that is all CIA and SAS guys.

I really enjoyed the game but I aint seen the movie yet. Downloading now.