Military press
40kgx5
45kgx4
50kgx2
55kgx2setsx3reps-easy enough

Close grip
60kgx5
70kgx3
80kgx3-easy enough just not confident with close grip may not use a board next time and work on reps

Missed pull ups as I was rushing for time

Close grip EZ curls
30kgx6
40kgx6- will work this up to 10reps
45kgx4-PR

Skull crushers
40kgx8-will work this up to 10 reps then add 2.5kg

Face pulls
35kgx2setsx12reps paused at full contraction on last rep

Notes:
Tricep strength sucks! ALOT! upper back is disapearing and will start pausing all reps on face pulls. Enjoyed today and Im looking forward to some fast progression and increase in muscle mass.

As I stated on the strength forum, I simply am not strong enough for DC as it turns out so first task to hit is to get strong enough!

Well yet again I have picked up alittle injury, this time its my right hip. My next dorr neighbour left his head lights on last night and needless to say his car wouldnt start at 9:30 this morning. So I thought I would be a good neighbour and push start the car. Pushed it about and got it started but it was harder than it should of been…He left the hand brake on and left me with pain when I walk.

I have been training a female client this week and had her doing a few machines to build up some basic strength and leave her with something that doesnt leave her needing help or stopping. As well as this I have had her working on her flexibility and Squat, Deadlift and Bench Press form. The week I get back she will be starting doing the big 3 and working on increasing them as well as killing her with basic complexes.

Anyway because I couldnt squat I did some training with her on some exercises I havent done in months, Ones that got me stronger in the first place.

A week away plenty of volume and food when I get back and start building towards some decent numbers!

That sucks about your hip. Hopefully it isnt to bad and you can continue hitting the weights hard.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
That sucks about your hip. Hopefully it isnt to bad and you can continue hitting the weights hard.[/quote]

Aye well Im away today and come back next friday so it has plenty of time to heal. Will be going alot of swimming and running on the beach which should work as active recovery.

The monday after I get back marks 6 weeks until back to Uni. This 6 weeks will be literaly LOTS of stretching, 6000+kcal, heavy training and more stretching. I hope to hit as many PR’s as possible. Ideally something like this:

Military Press 70kgx1
Bench 130kgx1
Neutral pull ups 40kgx1
Cheat curls 65kgx10reps
Deadlift 190kgx1
Good morning 110kgx3setsx5reps
Box Squats 170kg+

Immm backkkkkkk!

I had a great week away though I couldnt find a gym, I did some old school rock shot puts and discus throws, rock overhead presses and squats and deadlifts. As well as this I did plenty of sprints on the sand dunes.

I enjoyed being out of the gym but still training.

So today I went to the gym to start a new phase of training.

Went to do military press but the only squat rack was taken so I did the following

Smith machine seated shoulder press
40kgx6
50kgx6
60kgx3
70kgx3
80kgx3-PR-easy as hell
90kgx2-PR-could have hit maybe 4

DB neutral bench
25kgx10
30kgx2setsx10reps-PR-should have gone for the 35’s

Neutral grip pull ups
10kgx2setsx5reps
10kgx3reps

will stick with this weight and move up once I hit it for 3-4sets of 5

Face pulls
35kgx2setsx12reps

Machine Neutral press
72.5kgx3setsx10reps-easy

BB curls
couple of sets of 5

Trying to get alot better at higher reps as I dont normaly hit anything over 6. Military pressing again next week cant wait!

Its good to be back in the gym!

cant stop eating today its great!

Just a quick update Im finaly growing again!

Im now 5ft9 and 1/4 and have an arm span of 6ft

stopped growing at 5ft8 when I was 15 but the last few months I have grown a total of an inch and 1/4!

Might one day hit 5ft 10 lol

Growth spurts FTW!

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Growth spurts FTW![/quote]

Tell me about it, I thought all my growing was done after not growing so much as a cm until recent. The mother was saying my dad stopped growing at 14, He was 5ft 6 and then when he hit 21 suddenly hit 6ft3 and never weighed less than 115kg/252lb at that height. But my mams side of the family are all around 5ft6ish so I never expected to grow.

Todays squat session will be moved until tomorrow as I am getting a free all you can eat chinease and going shopping for university stuff today.

CAnt wait to deadlift on friday.

My week will normaly look like this:

Mon-ME O/H
Tues-ME Squat
Wed-OFF
Thurs-Upper Assistance
Fri-ME Deadlift
Sat-OFF
Sun-OFF

My off days will be known as ME Food…come to think of it so is everyday!

Yesterday I dislocated my left knee and tore all the soft tissue on the inside of knee. On crutches and all strapped up until I see a physio in two weeks.

So focus now is on my weak upperbody and my shitty bench and shoulder press

Smith bench
60kgx6
70kgx6
80kgx3
90kgx3
100kgx3-PR-will add a rep each time until I hit 10reps

Smith shoulder press
50kgx6
60kgx3
70kgx3
80kfx3-PR-same protocol as above

Machine neutral press
80kgx3setsx10reps-PR-easy

Seated rows
65kgx6
80kgx3setsx10reps-PR-easy

Machine R.delt fly
80kgx2setsx10reps-PR-easy

Incline db curls
15kg’sx3setsx8reps-PR-easy

Machine curls
35kgx9reps-easy-PR

will be doing this 3 times a week until I get the ok off the physio to start training legs lightly.

Fridays training

Smith bench
60kgx6
70kgx3
80kgx3
90kgx3
100kgx5-PR

Smith shoulderpress
60kgx5
70kgx5
80kgx5-PR

Machine Neutral Press
87.5kgx2setsx10reps-PR

Seated rows
65kgx6
87.5kgx10
87.5kgx8

DB inc curl
17.5kgx8
17.5kgx7

Cut alot of volume and exercises out simply because I had limited time or I wouldnt be able to get a lift and carrying myself on crutches for over a mile with some major hills didnt appeal to me at all.

Gym is closed on monday due to bank holiday so will be training tuesday and thursday next week

today was a good session.

Smith bench
60kgx6
70kgx5
80kgx3
90kgx2
100kgx6-PR-maybe another one or two in the tank

Smith shoulder press
60kgx6
70kgx3
80kgx7-PR-should be another two in the tank

Machine neutral press
95kgx2setsx8reps-PR

Seated rows
95kgx2setsx8reps

DB incline curls
17.5kgx5
20kgx2setsx6reps-PR-easy

Machine Rear delt fly
87.5kgx2setsx12reps-PR

Have thrown away my crutches and started to walk on my knee. Will be starting to re-hab on wednesday

feeling good and strong and upper body is certainly a fair bit bigger

Was going to try do some light leg work but decided against it today and did some light mobility work.

Alittle update on my client.

In the last two weeks she has dropped two inches off her waist and hips and is building some impressive legs and back. Looks like she could be ready for a figuer comp next year.

Pleased with how shes progressing and her strength is going threw the roof

stupidly decided to go to the gym today and do some medium weight bench press and stuff

Bench
60kgx5
70kgx3
80kgx3
90kgx1
102.5kgx1-miss grooved n missed a second!
80kgx3

DB bench
25kgx10
30kgx6
35kgx3-WTF!

Seated rows
72.5kgx6
95kgx10-PR?
110kgx5-PR-could have hit 8

V press downs
45kgx6
65kgx6
80kgx4-WTF!

BB curls
30kgx5
40kgx5

I have Smith benched too often in the past week or so and I am as sore as hell! Benching properly today, everything felt light but I couldnt hit the right grove and could not seem to put my strength into it even though 90kg moved like speed weight. Hopefully this just means I need more food and some good rest over the weekend and a better thought out way to train instead of just arsin about in the gym! I have two weeks spare as my client is away.

Db bench needs work on as well as more volume benching. Will go back to a more traditional training program and start deadlifting and squatting as my knee is feeling good!

Bench day yesterday and I trained with someone who could be a new client.

Bench Press
40kgx6
50kgx5
60kgx5
70kgx3
80kgx3
90kgx2
80kgx2setsx5reps-PR

db bench(per db)
20kgx8
25kgx8
27.4kgx2setsx8reps-baseline PR

Seated rows
50kgx6
72.5kgx10
95kgx2setsx10reps

Rear delt fly machine
95kgx2setsx12reps-PR

Both of us had to shoot off so missed out on curls for the girls and some press downs

DEADLIFTING TODAY! cant wait but nervous to see how the knee holds up

DEADLIFT DAY!!!

Deffecite pulls
(3inch platform)
60kgx5
100kgx3
120kgx1
140kgx1
160kgx1-baseline PR
140kgx3-baseline PR

Standing ab pulldown
30kgx2setsx12reps-starting these realy light and building back up

Missed out on calf press and leg press and there was a new fire door being fitted near the leg press.

Knee felt great throughout deadlifts which Im realy happy about,

Everything felt light as it should do.

Physio in the morning got a feeling Im getting good news!

Went to see the physio this morning. His diagnosis was a partial tear of the patella tendon and “loose” knees. So I have to see this one for 6-8 weeks before being sent to see another who has the job of strengthening the quad again but the 2nd one could turn round and refer me to a sergian! Gutted is an understatement!

Good news though is that I can still do hamstring work. I now want to improve my horrid deadlift and build some monster hamstrings!

Had a great training session today, did all the exercises as planned but did different set and rep schemes felt great

Close grip bench press
50kgx6
60kgx6
70kgx3
80kgx3-PR
90kgx1
Drop Set
100kgx1-5kg PR
80kgx4-PR
70kgx6
60kgx5
50kgx8

DB shoulder press
25kgx6-Ties PR
27.5kgx6-PR-never been able to get these up for one before
30kgx5-PR!!! huge PR

Neutral grip pull ups
15kgx4,3,3 rest paused PR

Seated db curl
17.5kgx6
Drop set
22.5kgx3-PR
20kgx2
15kgx5

Over head Barbel extensions
30kgx5-stopped here these destroyed my elbows!

Standing pulldown abs
35kgx2setsx12reps

Had a great day could have kept going and going but glad I never, honestly one of the best days and most fun I have had in the gym for a long time. Im happy with all the PR’s and know that I can keep building on these for the next few weeks at least.

Morning weight the day I hurt my knee was 70kg…now just over two weeks later and its 77kg post wee and in the nude. Weight is going up and isnt fluctuating like it used too. Feel great and no fat gain! hopefully I can be up another 3kg soon.

Starting to run Coan/Phillipi 10 week deadlift cycle on a Wednesday or thursday. Just going to use ti to get to were I was before but using a 3 inch deficit!

Bench Day

Bench press
50kgx6
60kgx3
70kgx3
80kgx3-paused
95kgx1
85kgx2setsx5-PR-easy enough

DB incline bench
25kgx6
32.5kgx7-PR+3reps-easy

Seated rows
65kgx6
80kgx6
102.5kgx2setsx10reps-PR-decent PR and easy!

BB curl
40kgx2setsx5reps-PR-easy!

Missed out standing pulldown abs and rear delt fly machine as both machines needed were occupied and I was short of time!

weight gain is going well still lean and strength is going through the roof!

Watched a strongman contest yesterday and is was amazing! watch it every year but this year there was a few light weight strongmen competeing and the pace those lads worked at was amazing! I wanna piece of that! More weight and more strength and I may have a bash at it next year!

Been to see the physio today and its not great news!

The torn pattella tendon is healing up quickly but my knees are redicul-ARSE-ly lax and loose so I am being reffered to a consultant the day after I go back to uni to see if surgery is needed! GUTTED is a major understatement.

Coan/Phillipi based program.

Bare bones are the same though deadlifts are done of a 5inch platform for extra ROM and the volume on the speed pulls will be tailored to how my knee holds up on the day.

Week 1

Defficite pulls (5inch platform)
80kgx3
100kgx2
120kgx1
140kgx2-Baseline PR-seriously easy-all beltless
110kgx6setsx3reps-PR-missed last two sets knee wasnt feeling great

I cant do the full circuit all in one go as all the pieces of equipment are scattered around the gym

BB rows are switched with seated rows as its easier on the knee

Belt on from here on out!

Stiff leg deads S/S Seated rows
100kgx3setsx8reps-PR S/S 95kgx3setsx8reps-PR

Underhand pulldowns S/S Goodmornings
72.5kgx3setsx8reps S/S 70kgx3setsx8reps

This kicked my arse! I was puffing and panting like a fat asthmatic kid on a treadmill!

I have a sin to admit! until the last few weeks I trained with straps! So my grip sucked, so this was a good test of my grip and Im pleased to say there wasnt a single problem with it!

Im off to stuff my face and have a bath and spend the rest of the day calling myself an idiot!

Upper Assistance

Close grip bench
50kgx6
60kgx6
70kgx6
80kgx2
-DROP SET-
90kgx2-PR
80kgx4-PR
70kgx4
60kgx6
50kgx9

Triceps were dead after that

DB shoulder Press(per db)
25kgx6
27.5kgx6-if triceps were fresh could maybe get a few more

Wide grip pull ups
MEx4setsx5reps-easy will add a rep per week to each set

Seated db curls
17.5kgx6
-DROP SET-
22.5kgx3
17.5kgx3
15kgx2

Will use diff weights for these next week to get more reps in

Changed my back work for fridays and mondays so that Im still getting some work in but Im fresh for wednesdays!

Feeling stronger all the time. Bring on more PR’s!