Hit Em Hard's Log

Im back training and posting after a 5 week break, in which time I have had a foot infection off standing on a tack, lost about 7kg in body weight and suffered a few hand injuries.

Im back training and hoping to get back to some heavy weights soonish.

Basic goals:
*90kg body weight
*get back to squatting close to 200kg
*improve my overhead press
*improve my pullups
*power clean something slightly decent
*deadlift regularly
*build some much needed muscle

right now im about 70kg which sucks balls!

I was planning on starting MMA but a lack of funds has squashed that idea for a few months so im hoping to pack on some size and some decent strength gains!

today i did some light box squats
worked up to 132.5kg for 3
powercleaned 72.5kg for a double
2 sets of weighted decline situps

nothing special will work on a program today and post it tomorrow with a training session completed

any imput as i go would be much appreciated

main thing while putting on weight will be eat usual food thats cooked for me but larger portions snack more drink 2-4ltrs of full fat milk and a large pizza each day

Good to see you posting here again, your basic goals seem pretty attainable…good luck!

thanks. ye i hope so. had a big strength and weight drop off! but im hungry for it and looking to be back better than ever soon as.

killed 2ltrs of milk easy yesterday so the minimum is now 3ltrs.

anyway heres the basic template for the next few weeks:

Mondays

*Powercleans - work up to a near maximal double
*Box squats - " " then drop to a top set of 10
*DB rows - work up to two sets of 10
*Single leg calf press - 3sets of 10 each calf no rests constant change from one leg to another
*Decline situps- 3sets of 10

Tuesday

*Military press - work up to a near maximal set of 3
*DB bench - 3sets of 10
*Neutral grip pullups - 4sets of 5 adding weight each week
*BB curls - top set of 10
*V bar pressdowns - top set of 10
*BB roll outs - 3sets of 10

Thursday

*Deadlifts - near maximal set of 5
*Front squats - 2sets of 5
*BB lunges - top set of 10
*Seated rows - 3 sets of 10
*Single leg calf press - same as above
*Decline situs - same as above

will probably change little bits as i go but thats the basis of this next training cycle!

I go away for a week in 4 weeks time so i hope to have made some decent progress by then

looking forward to the gym today

off to eat pancakes!

Friday

*Close grip bench - near maximal set of 3
*Add 3 board - add 10kg and hti 5 reps
*DB side laterals - 2sets of 10
*Neutral grip pull ups- as above
*Reverse curls - top set of 10
*Paused floor skull crushers - 2sets of 10
*BB rollouts - as above

it sucks coming back after a lay off! FACT!

strength sucks…conditioning sucks!..todays session…SUCKED!

Diesel crew shoulder warm up
4kgx5reps

Military press
40kgx6
50kgx3
55kgx2-easy as it should be!
62.5kgxfail! dismal!

Missed db bench couldnt get a bench

Neautral grip pullups with dead hangs

4setsx5reps-baseline PR

DB hammer curls
25kgx10—next time will do as planned

V press downs
57.5kgx6
72.5kgx10

decline sit ups(no space for roll outs)
15kgx10
20kgx10
25kgx10

today sucked! i miss bigger weights! going to work more volume in on military press maybe 3x3

Just been looking in the T-Cell and have picked up a good tip about doing shots of olive oil! this is going to be used a couple of times a day to add in extra calories!

Im a day behind on training as I couldnt make monday! so yesterday I worked overhead press and Im off to deadlift in a sec

couldnt get motivated to even go to the gym so I didnt go til late on!

Deadlifts
70kgx3
90kgx3
110kgx3
140kgx5PR
Its sad that this is a PR but I havent pulled in ages and this was piss easy will add 5kg per week

Front squats
played around with these will drop for close stance swinging leg press

Steep decline sit ups
worked up to 30kgx10

Single leg calf press
3x10@55kg per leg switching legs after each set no rests

skipped rows as I have pull ups tomorrow and arms are still alittle sore

its good to be back in the gym!

stepped on the scales this morning and have put on nearly 2kg so far this week. Hopeing plenty of eating and rest this weekend will add another couple of lbs. gym today but maybe a nap first and another meal or two. bought a multipack of little choc bars to eat when Im in between meals

mixed bag today not impressed with my exercise selection apart from a few

close grip bench(sticking with)
40kgx9
50kgx6
60kgx5
70kgx3
80kgx3-PR-piss easy 5kg next week maybe

HS neutral grip bench(change)
50kg per sidex? didnt like these

Neutral grip dead hang pullups(keep)
7.5kgx4setsx5reps-PR

db side laterals(change)
10kgx6
15kgx6
20kgx10-PR

reverse ez bar curls(change)
35kgx10

paused floor skull crushers(keep)
30kgx6
40kgx6-baseline PR

BB rollouts(change)
2setsx10reps-baseline PR

il have a think n post the changes

ok new friday session will look like this

*CG bench - work up to a near max set of 3 follow by a set of 8
*Neutral grip pull ups - 4setsx5reps
*Incline db curls - 3setsx8reps
*Paused floor skull crushers - work up to a 6rep PR
*O/H db ext - 2sets of 10
*Lyin leg raises - 2sets of 10

or something along those lines

body weight up to 72kg

on a good note the old shed needs replaying(meaning I need to build a new one) this left me room to negotiate about the size of the shed. so after long talking Im now able to build a shed and keep a decent amount of space to build a gym.

i have 12ft by 11ft not a great amount of space but considering il be using a concrete floor with a rubber matting, i will have enough space to fit a power rack and bench to use in it, boxes to squat off and weights and bars. another good thing is that il be able to use the garden to drag sled and flip tires.

so in a month i will be starting to build a decent shed(thick walls with insulation and electricity) this shall be a nice little shed gym. so christmas presents and birthdays i will be getting gym equipment

cant wait!

good news: up to 73kg

Bad news: felt shit today and only had one meal before heading to the gym. Started to warmn up with power cleans, everything felt slow and all of a sudden felt a pop and my neck started to feel like it was burning! thought I would just do some calf work before setting off home but the leg press was broke as some genius broke the arm off that opporates the saftey pins!

shit day!

My basic goals suck balls! they are too general and so is my training so Im going to step up and put some numbers out there to achieve. They are based around some basic lifts that will add strength and size. Here they are:
PR GOAL

Bench 120kgx1 140kgx3
Box squat 190kgx1 230kgx1
Deadlift 182.5kgx1 230kgx1
Military press 65kgx1 80kgx3
Neautral grip pull up 7.5kgx4x5 25kgx4x5

(WEIGHTXSETSXREPS)

now all I have to do is go after it! BRING IT ON!

Iv finaly bit the bullet and picked a program that I have fancied since I first picked up a weight. Not for its popularity or its efficiency but for its pure brutal nature. DC!

Smith bench
Barx20
50kgx6
70kgx6
90kgx7,5,2-total 14reps PR

Machine shoulder press
45kgx6
65kgx5
72.5kgx9,5,3-total 17reps-PR

Neatural grip pull ups
10kgx5,3,3-total 11 reps(did the first 3 repper about 5 breaths after the first and fucked up!PR

Paused floor skull crushers
30kgx19 total reps PR

Deadlifts
80kgx4
100kgx2
120kgx1
150kgx2-forgot belt-6 reps next time after a good meal and sporting the trust belt of doom!

CONCLUSION:
I fuckin love it! ITS BRUTAL! I hope to get a good 5 or so blasts done before returning to a more powerlifting based style of training. I have dodged rep work for some time and it showed! Hopefully this will bring some good results! Just had a shower and having a wash was awquard! not doing extreme stretches yet simply because I want to get to grips with the bare program first blast then throw them in for some pain! Im starving so off to eat a pizza, first and chips and 3 ltrs of milk and maybe a second tea at the girlfriends maybe a steak bagget with onions!

Ok so yesterday I started my first blast phase of DC. Today my chest is soo sore! as is my back and well…everywere that was trained lol Im uncontralably excited about training again next week and look to make some big leaps in the next few months! Yesterdays training for example I would like to end up with the following in a few months
Start weight Goal Weight
Smith bench 90kgx14RP 120kgx15RP

Machine shoulder presss
80kgx17RP (machine stack)125kgx20RP

Neutral pullups
BW+10kgx11RP BW+30kgx15+RP

Paused Skull Crushers
30kgx19RP 60kgx20RP

Deadlifts
150kgx2 200kgx5, 170kgx10

those are just examples, I believe my deadlift should shoot up as I havent trained it in a while and start using a belt again to keep tight, this added to a large increase in body weight should help. I believe that the increase in body weight and getting back to rep work will build a great base to then look to majorly increase my total and who knows maybe compete. As well as this the increase in body weight and strength will help in the transition over to MMA. I hope to achieve alot in the next 3 years, using this as a strong base to build all hopeful endevours off.

Yesterdays training!

Close grip EZ bar curls
40kgx8,5,5-total 18 reps

Reverse close grip EZ bar curl
35kgx8,8-total 16reps-hate these my wrists were fucked! still its only now and then and its a oppertunity to PR

Good Mornings
Barx10
60kgx4
80kgx11,7, times out on last RP-total 18reps

Box squats
100kgx3
120kgx3
140kgx1-easy
100kgx20-PR

Calf raises
52.5kgx10-harder than I thought will stick with this weight

rest of weights will move up!

Legs are sore as hell! spent all day chugging chocolate milk and stuffing my face! Im in love with goodmornings lol brutal but fun. Hurt my ego getting my arse handed to me by a 100kg box squat lol Cant wait to run this session again

looking forward to tomorows upperbody session.

stood on my home scales three times in a row and got 3 different readings…went to the girlfriends house and hers showed 76kg! feels good to be getting close to a body weight PR.

I have been ill since friday and today and last night its been at its worst. Iv been struggling between trying to stop my self throwing up, shitting my self and drenching everything in sight with a tidal wave of swett! I have been burning up and all together lacking in energy! eating hasnt been too good but have been force feeding my self as much as possible

Incline bench(will use smith machine next time as without a spotter going all out isnt an option)

50kgx6
60kgx6
70kgx5,4,3

Db shoulder press
22.5kgx4
25kgx7,5,someone stole the weights!!!

V press downs
65kgx6
80kgx6,5,3

could not get onto the pull down machine or get a bench for db rows! why on earth did the gym go from empty for months to suddenly packed!

feel like shit going to down some milk and steak and rice then bath and nap before off to decorate the girlfriends room!

my post dissapeared yet its showin as if its been updated! il give it half an hour n if its still not showing il update it again

Today was supposted to be a lower body day but with alot to do today and sleeping about 30mins last night no training will happen today. Also Im away for a week, a week on sat. So next week Im going to try and destroy myself with 4 training sessions! this should play out well with a week of training my arse off and a full week of over eating and rest should set me well to hit some more PR’s when I get back.

Over head day

Military press
40kgx5
45kgx4
50kgx2
55kgx2setsx3reps-easy enough

Close grip
60kgx5
70kgx3
80kgx3-easy enough just not confident with close grip may not use a board next time and work on reps

Missed pull ups as I was rushing for time

Close grip EZ curls
30kgx6
40kgx6- will work this up to 10reps
45kgx4-PR

Skull crushers
40kgx8-will work this up to 10 reps then add 2.5kg

Face pulls
35kgx2setsx12reps paused at full contraction on last rep

Notes:
Tricep strength sucks! ALOT! upper back is disapearing and will start pausing all reps on face pulls. Enjoyed today and Im looking forward to some fast progression and increase in muscle mass.

As I stated on the strength forum, I simply am not strong enough for DC as it turns out so first task to hit is to get strong enough!

Over head day

Military press
40kgx5
45kgx4
50kgx2
55kgx2setsx3reps-easy enough

Close grip
60kgx5
70kgx3
80kgx3-easy enough just not confident with close grip may not use a board next time and work on reps

Missed pull ups as I was rushing for time

Close grip EZ curls
30kgx6
40kgx6- will work this up to 10reps
45kgx4-PR

Skull crushers
40kgx8-will work this up to 10 reps then add 2.5kg

Face pulls
35kgx2setsx12reps paused at full contraction on last rep

Notes:
Tricep strength sucks! ALOT! upper back is disapearing and will start pausing all reps on face pulls. Enjoyed today and Im looking forward to some fast progression and increase in muscle mass.

As I stated on the strength forum, I simply am not strong enough for DC as it turns out so first task to hit is to get strong enough!