Hit a Big Deadlift Milestone Today 750 @ 190

I know you already know but that is a world class lift. Im no powerlifter but I have the utmost respect for your rare talent.

1 Like

Yea thanks I’m really trying to push for over 800 at 181 this year

4 Likes

The biggest actual training stimulus is the volume pushed in accessories and the speed days. Not to mention to 3-4 gpp sessions a week Louie suggests on top of the normal training. I don’t follow conjugate/Westside But I have seen with my own eyes a 150lbs female go from a 100lbs to almost 350lbs squat in about 2 years following Louie idea of conjugate. So it can work for beginners as well. I think one thing they had her do different how ever was max effort 3-5 work rather than strictly singles.

2 Likes

Also amazing lift man jealous as hell. Wish I could figure out hook grip. I’d still be a shit puller but least I could look cool like all the cool kids now.

3 Likes

My pull isn’t anywhere near @Vincepac1500 but I’ve had decent results using hook for my DB rows to get used to it, and the difference going to the barbell is significant @Reed

2 Likes

Never thought about trying that just to get extra practice. Imma start immediately. Thank you

1 Like

About time I can return the favour :joy:

For me it just helped to get over the feeling that my thumb is going to burst. I mean, I know it won’t but my mind thinks it will. Doing the DB rows taught me to override that.

2 Likes

Shit you hit my lifetime goal at 10 lbs less than my goal weight.

1 Like

I actually just pulled 765 which pretty much ties the tested world record for 181. Also weighted 189

https://instagram.com/p/Be1kZ5flPPO/

13 Likes

It’s cause of the creatine bro nothing but the creatine “sobs internally”.