Hit 500 lbs. on Deadlift

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
I hope you didn’t have that same god awul grip on you 500 pull[/quote]

you mean sumo? or is there something else odd with my grip? [/quote]

It was a ridiculously close grip, even for sumo

Congrats.
But somehow sad, too.

Nothing you’re gonna do in life will ever match the epic-ness of your legs, virtually decorated with mesh tights.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
Congrats.
But somehow sad, too.

Nothing you’re gonna do in life will ever match the epic-ness of your ass.

[/quote]

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
Congrats.
But somehow sad, too.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Everyone sees what he wants to see, to each his own.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
Congrats.
But somehow sad, too.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Everyone sees what he wants to see, to each his own.
[/quote]

LOL!

You’re one of my faves, Fatty!

His ass is still humongous indeed. Who would tap that ass?

hey didnt you used to post on BWC? and goood job on the dead.

Stout lift bro, congrats on the pb.

Thanks everyone!

[quote]GreatAjax wrote:
hey didnt you used to post on BWC? and goood job on the dead.[/quote]

Hmmm not sure what BWC stands for

[quote]Tatsu wrote:
His ass is still humongous indeed. Who would tap that ass?[/quote]

I’m sure you mean who wouldn’t, eh?
Seriously, though, ass tappin’ and stuff notwithstanding: AccipiterQ’s 2011 diet quest bore fruits.
My woman and me had a blast following it.

I hope he recognizes that we bear him no ill will: matters of the ass are always tough love matters.

And dl’ing 500 lbs ain’t shabby, either.

Naah, I’m not poking that with my stick. But his lift and physique are something to kiss ass… Err, meant kick.

Good lift on the 500. So you use no belt, then why do you use straps?. I think your cheating your grip by using straps. For me personally if you cannot hold the weight in your grip and must use straps then you truly cannot claim that you lifted it. Basically if I attempt a 500 lb deadlift and I use straps to get it then I won’t say I can deadlift 500 lbs untill I grab 500 lbs and rip it off the floor till lockout with no gear whatsoever to include straps.

Like I said earlier, nice lift still, deadlifting is alive and well in these parts but its amazing how much you NEVER see desdlifting in 99% of gyms.

[quote]LessTraveled wrote:
Good lift on the 500. So you use no belt, then why do you use straps?. I think your cheating your grip by using straps. For me personally if you cannot hold the weight in your grip and must use straps then you truly cannot claim that you lifted it. Basically if I attempt a 500 lb deadlift and I use straps to get it then I won’t say I can deadlift 500 lbs untill I grab 500 lbs and rip it off the floor till lockout with no gear whatsoever to include straps.

Like I said earlier, nice lift still, deadlifting is alive and well in these parts but its amazing how much you NEVER see desdlifting in 99% of gyms.

[/quote]

Straps allow you to lift more then you can hold, helps build up the muscles you actually are trying to work. You ever try to pick up anything close to 500 lbs? pretty hard to hold on to. If your back/ass/legs can lift 50 lbs more then your hands can hold, why hold back there progress? Just do like most people do: only use straps for your top sets, where your grip would fail. That way your grip gets worked in the sets working up to it.

Nice lift OP.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]fisch wrote:

[quote]LessTraveled wrote:

[/quote]

Straps allow you to lift more then you can hold, helps build up the muscles you actually are trying to work. You ever try to pick up anything close to 500 lbs? pretty hard to hold on to. If your back/ass/legs can lift 50 lbs more then your hands can hold, why hold back there progress? Just do like most people do: only use straps for your top sets, where your grip would fail. That way your grip gets worked in the sets working up to it.

Nice lift OP.[/quote]

I have to agree with this, me being a non-competitor and using the DL as a mass building exercise and with no competition aspirations in mind. I hit a 520 deadlift a couple or three years ago strapless, then immediately failed at 535 then strapped up and hit the 535. At that point I made the decision that grip strength was truly holding me back for MY PARTICULAR GOALS and decided to strap up so I could continue progressing.

That got me to a 570 conventional DL and 585 trap bar DL.

I do recognize I would need to drop back down in weight and progress back up without straps were I too head to a PL meet.

Also, at the time of the 520 - 535 I was using a warped bar that would roll in your hands even with a mixed grip and I DO have stubby hands and fingers and thus am at a natural disadvantage to gripping a heavy bar.[/quote]

Yeah I totally understand the idea that your grip will limit a lift like a deadlift. I agree with that. For me I work the body and feel the body should be worked as a unit so If my grip isn’t up to par to hold the weight then I know what to work on. I have deaded 500 lbs before and it was a bitch, I had to go alternate grip and I ripped a calous clean off, shit hurt but I got it and I felt that mt grip was about to let go any second. I felt my back and glutes were probably ready for more weight but my grip was at its end so I will continue to lift 500 and do support grip work untill I can pick 500 up off the floor and not have my grip feel like its about to explode. I also do not compete so my totals do not matter, to me a 535 dead with straps VS a 500 dead WITHOUT straps are just as awesome and fulfilling. I have this aversion to straps because my gym is full of guys who walk around strapped up with forearms the size of match sticks and no grip strength whatsoever, they should NOT be using straps with such weak lower arms. WHY would you want a hella strong back and girly weak grip and forearms I have to wonder.