T Nation

History Essay

ADD version:
History essay, need a “to what extent…” question related to development of any civilization <1600s affected by religion

Full version:
Ok so im working on a history essay. Currently, im having trouble coming up with a “to what extent…” question. The time limit for this essay was anywhere up till the 16th century, but can go a bit past if nessessary. My interests were around the affect of religion on society. Something like “to what extent did religion affect the development of europe during the middle ages.” but aparantly that was too vague. So if anyone can help, i would like a suggestion on a question.

The essay itself is like 2000 words long. Its split up into 5 paragraphs. First paragraph is introduction. Each of the 3 paragraphs that follow has an argument where i have to show both sides. The final paragraph is a conclusion.

Examples:
“To what extent is the movie 300 a depiction of sparta during the battle of thermopylae”
“To what extent was the bible’s depiction of jesus accurate according to historical research”
“To what extent does Mak like it up the ass”

Thanks.

could it be something from the past affecting now?

ex: to what extent did the battle of thermopylae affect our lives today?

or

to what extent did the battle of thermopylae affect subsequent greek history?

[quote]NickRageSkursky wrote:
could it be something from the past affecting now?

ex: to what extent did the battle of thermopylae affect our lives today?

or

to what extent did the battle of thermopylae affect subsequent greek history?
[/quote]

I dont think so. As far as i know it has to be <1600s overall, not how it affected current development. And my teacher already knows my idea for a topic was related to religion affection society. Thanks anyways.

To what extent did Charles Martel’s victory over the Muslims at the Battle of Tours in 732 contribute to halting the complete Islamization of the world by the Muslim invaders?

[quote]pookie wrote:
To what extent did Charles Martel’s victory over the Muslims at the Battle of Tours in 732 contribute to halting the complete Islamization of the world by the Muslim invaders?
[/quote]

damn, thats ones nice and precise with a lot of information on it too! Thanks!

good topic lots of things to choose from, maybe crusades and other religious battles all fought for the same area and how thats effected different people up until today (wars, etc… )

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
pookie wrote:

damn, thats ones nice and precise with a lot of information on it too! Thanks![/quote]

No problem.

[quote]pookie wrote:
ahzaz wrote:
pookie wrote:

damn, thats ones nice and precise with a lot of information on it too! Thanks!

No problem. [/quote]

tthat has potential to be a very good essay as well. Good topic.