Hiring Iron Addict As a Trainer

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
David, you’ve crossed the line. If I knew you in ‘real’ life, I’d have kicked the shit out of you by now. Sometimes, that’s what a guy really needs: a good, pulpy pummeling to get their head on straight. I only read the first page of the IA thread, but I can see where it’s going; where every thread you’ve started here goes. The Big Nowhere.

Serious question: How fucking stupid are you?

And stop psoting in the Bodybuilding Forum, you are the rankest amateur and should treat your posts as such. Also, weren’t you supposed to not post for a few months or some such? Shouldn’t you be lifting heavy things?[/quote]

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
That’s the best you can do? Get a little pissed off and I bet you make some real gains. Call me a cunt and then do pull-ups. Seriously, I just bitched you out.[/quote]

You’re 150lb. at 5’10’'…you don’t have much room to make insults

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
David, you’ve crossed the line. If I knew you in ‘real’ life, I’d have kicked the shit out of you by now. Sometimes, that’s what a guy really needs: a good, pulpy pummeling to get their head on straight. I only read the first page of the IA thread, but I can see where it’s going; where every thread you’ve started here goes. The Big Nowhere.

And stop psoting in the Bodybuilding Forum, you are the rankest amateur and should treat your posts as such. Also, weren’t you supposed to not post for a few months or some such? Shouldn’t you be lifting heavy things?

Vicomte wrote:
That’s the best you can do? Get a little pissed off and I bet you make some real gains. Call me a cunt and then do pull-ups. Seriously, I just bitched you out.

You’re 150lb. at 5’10’'…you don’t have much room to make insults[/quote]

People always bring this up. I just started, but I know what I’m doing, and I’ve been making solid gains, both in getting leaner and building muscle. One doesn’t have to be 250 pounds to tell people they’re fucking it up. Should I wait a few years before I’m allowed?

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
pumped340 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

And stop psoting in the Bodybuilding Forum, you are the rankest amateur and should treat your posts as such. Also, weren’t you supposed to not post for a few months or some such? Shouldn’t you be lifting heavy things?

Vicomte wrote:
That’s the best you can do? Get a little pissed off and I bet you make some real gains. Call me a cunt and then do pull-ups. Seriously, I just bitched you out.

People always bring this up. I just started, but I know what I’m doing, and I’ve been making solid gains, both in getting leaner and building muscle. One doesn’t have to be 250 pounds to tell people they’re fucking it up. Should I wait a few years before I’m allowed?[/quote]

yes, your just like the people prof.X talks about. New to training thinking you know a lot and then telling other people what to do when you hardly have any experience. Using your logic the OP might as well be giving you the advice since he’s mentioned in other threads he started at 120.
Just something to think about before being so rude and saying you would kick someones ass in ‘real life’…which at 150 is somewhat laughable.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
pumped340 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

Vicomte wrote:

People always bring this up. I just started, but I know what I’m doing, and I’ve been making solid gains, both in getting leaner and building muscle. One doesn’t have to be 250 pounds to tell people they’re fucking it up. Should I wait a few years before I’m allowed?

yes, your just like the people prof.X talks about. New to training thinking you know a lot and then telling other people what to do when you hardly have any experience. Using your logic the OP might as well be giving you the advice since he’s mentioned in other threads he started at 120.
Just something to think about before being so rude and saying you would kick someones ass in ‘real life’…which at 150 is somewhat laughable.

[/quote]

I never said I knew a lot. We all know what David has to do. If you will take notice I didn’t tell him what to do, I didn’t offer any training advice, nor nutritional advice, nor do I ever, unless I am sure of what I am talking about, which is rare. I realize I don’t know much at all, and have never stated otherwise. The point of my post was that some people just don’t ‘get it’. David thinks too much, and a good, stiff slap in the face may be what he needs to tone it down. Much like you’re trying to take me to task here. I was certainly embellishing, I wouldn’t really physically harm him, but a verbal beating can be effective as well. Think about it. If everyone here stopped coddling him and tore him to shreds, he would either give up bodybuilding and cry or he would step it up, shut up, and put up. If I knew David, ‘in real life’, I would have screamed at him a bit, as a friend, so he would get shit done.

It’s not really relevant, but since we continue to bring up my weight, I’m sure you realize it’s perfectly possible to ‘kick someone’s ass’ at any weight. We’ve all seen smaller guys take out bigger guys, and not everyone is a powerlifter. Most professional fighters, regardless of sport, are closer to 150 than 250.

I understand that it looks like I was being an ass for no reason, and that you don’t like that, but I’m really trying to get the guy a little pissed. I honestly think it would help him considerably. David thinks too much.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
a bunch of bullshit[/quote]

Until youve done something, shut the fuck up.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
a bunch of bullshit

Until youve done something, shut the fuck up.[/quote]

Meaning what? Some of the guys here have a huge fucking chip on their shoulders.

I’m done. No offense intended, David. Good luck on your endeavors.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
a bunch of bullshit

Meaning what? Some of the guys here have a huge fucking chip on their shoulders.

I’m done. No offense intended, David. Good luck on your endeavors.[/quote]

Meaning until youve actually accomplished something in regards to lifting on your own, dont go belittling others about what they are doing in the gym or telling them what works and what doesnt. You are a beginner who read a few articles. That doesnt mean you know what youre doing, it only means you know what some authors told you to do. That is a major problem around here, beginners posing as experts.

You were being a dick for the sake of being a dick. Iv had issues with David here before and hell, I was the one that tribunaled him in the T-Cell, but you dont see me acting like a douche to him for no fucking reason.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Are we talking about face to face training or over the web?

Here’s my initial take.

I think the guy you’ve been working with from here, at your level will probably do you as much good as is possible on a non face to face basis. He has 1000 times more intuitive know how than you do. In other words I don’t know what somebody else is going to accomplish with you over the web that he can’t. That’s not a commentary on Iron Addict. He may have 2000 times more intuitive knowledge than you do, but from where you’re at 1000 is enough.

If it would be in person then that could be a different story. There’s no substitute for somebody being able to actually observe what you’re doing. Or not doing for that matter.[/quote]

Agree.

You don’t need to hire anyone at this point in time, IMO.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
a bunch of bullshit

I’m done. No offense intended, David. Good luck on your endeavors.

Meaning until youve actually accomplished something in regards to lifting on your own, dont go belittling others about what they are doing in the gym or telling them what works and what doesnt. You are a beginner who read a few articles. That doesnt mean you know what youre doing, it only means you know what some authors told you to do. That is a major problem around here, beginners posing as experts.

You were being a dick for the sake of being a dick. Iv had issues with David here before and hell, I was the one that tribunaled him in the T-Cell, but you dont see me acting like a douche to him for no fucking reason.[/quote]

Point taken.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
pumped340 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

Vicomte wrote:

People always bring this up. I just started, but I know what I’m doing, and I’ve been making solid gains, both in getting leaner and building muscle. One doesn’t have to be 250 pounds to tell people they’re fucking it up. Should I wait a few years before I’m allowed?[/quote]

You know fuck-all.
The first 40 pounds are easy going (unless you really do know nothing), beginner’s gains, and I bet you didn’t start at fucking 110 pounds.

How on earth would you know what you’re doing? You could train 7 days a week with 5 exercises per bodypart and 7 sets each and still make progress at your stage, as long as you actually tried.

“I just started, but I know what I’m doing” ← yeah, experience is out of style anyway, and so is common sense, huh ?

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
pumped340 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

Vicomte wrote:

You know fuck-all.
The first 40 pounds are easy going (unless you really do know nothing), beginner’s gains, and I bet you didn’t start at fucking 110 pounds.

How on earth would you know what you’re doing? You could train 7 days a week with 5 exercises per bodypart and 7 sets each and still make progress at your stage, as long as you actually tried.

“I just started, but I know what I’m doing” ← yeah, experience is out of style anyway, and so is common sense, huh ?[/quote]

I never said anything about experience. Honestly, I’ve grown rather interested in this today. It seems as if I know what I am doing, as what I am doing is working. I am gaining muscle, I’ve lost some fat–probably twenty-five pounds of muscle and whatever on the other end.

Yet, according to those in the know, I cannot know what I am doing yet. When does this happen? After the first fifty pounds? What will change about my training then? If it stalls, I lift heavier and eat more. I can’t imagine I will just stop growing due to a sudden revelation of ignorance.

Do I know what I’m doing when I weigh what you guys weigh and only then? Am I hopelessly ignorant until I manage to put on more muscle, even if my training does not change, nor my knowledge? I was not trying to sound like a know-it-all amateur, but apparently I’ve ruffled some feathers.

I’ll shut up until those forty pounds show up. Back to mindless GAL posting for me.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
pumped340 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

Vicomte wrote:

You know fuck-all.

“I just started, but I know what I’m doing” ← yeah, experience is out of style anyway, and so is common sense, huh ?

I never said anything about experience. Honestly, I’ve grown rather interested in this today. It seems as if I know what I am doing, as what I am doing is working. I am gaining muscle, I’ve lost some fat–probably twenty-five pounds of muscle and whatever on the other end.

Yet, according to those in the know, I cannot know what I am doing yet. When does this happen? After the first fifty pounds? What will change about my training then? If it stalls, I lift heavier and eat more. I can’t imagine I will just stop growing due to a sudden revelation of ignorance.

Do I know what I’m doing when I weigh what you guys weigh and only then? Am I hopelessly ignorant until I manage to put on more muscle, even if my training does not change, nor my knowledge? I was not trying to sound like a know-it-all amateur, but apparently I’ve ruffled some feathers.

I’ll shut up until those forty pounds show up. Back to mindless GAL posting for me.
[/quote]

You better do that.