T Nation

Hips Are an Eye Sore

I pretty much just joined, so none of you know me. I’m 16, 6 foot nothing and about 150. My body fat is about 8-9% right now. But it’s weird. Although I don’t have much fat on me, my hips are w-i-d-e as hell (by the way I’m a guy :)).

Maybe it’s just genetic, but they’re just wide and it looks creepy. Is there anything I can do to either correct this or just cover it up (building big lats, etc.) This is starting to piss me off.

Taking a guess but your hips ain’t wide.

You just have no upper body (150 at 6 foot!)

Do you lift weights?

Gain muscle and fill out your bones. Read the nutrition and training articles in the beginner stickies.

Can you provide measurements so we can see what your ratio is?

[quote]BodyBldgBabe wrote:
Can you provide measurements so we can see what your ratio is? [/quote]

XD

[quote]BodyBldgBabe wrote:
Can you provide measurements so we can see what your ratio is? [/quote]

And if it happens to be 0.7, post pics, right? (Sorry, I’m going to hell, I know)

Don’t worry, you’re just skinny so it looks bad. Just keep gaining weight and eventually you’ll stop noticing it. You need muscle everywhere.

[quote]Zomg wrote:
Don’t worry, you’re just skinny so it looks bad. Just keep gaining weight and eventually you’ll stop noticing it. You need muscle everywhere.[/quote]

You’re all probably right. If I had some more muscle on me, you probably, wouldn’t notice. But still, it’s gotta be pretty abnormal, I mean, most skinny bastards don’t have huge hips.

wide? my hips are as wide as they can get, making them smaller would mean that i’d have to make my bones smaller or break them.

so yes you are probably just small on the rest … or in all of your body, including hips

My hips used to be “wide.”

Then I built my back, chest, and shoulders.

Now they are wide and my hips are not.

It’s all about proportion.

[quote]Spry wrote:
Taking a guess but your hips ain’t wide.

You just have no upper body (150 at 6 foot!)

Do you lift weights?[/quote]

B i n g o !