HipHop...WTF...Lil'Wayne

Am i the only one who thinks Lil’Wayne is not the best or anywhere near the best rapper in HipHop right now?

I think his music is a pile of steaming dogshit.

[quote]Shire wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks Lil’Wayne is not the best or anywhere near the best rapper in HipHop right now?

[/quote]

You’re not the only one…

Lil Wayne is hit or miss. He’s got some damn good tracks, and some tracks are just shit.

I’m still a big fan, though

edit: name someone better

[quote]MikiB wrote:
Lil Wayne is hit or miss. He’s got some damn good tracks, and some tracks are just shit.

I’m still a big fan, though

edit: name someone better[/quote]

Lupe Fiasco

[quote]Shire wrote:

[/quote]

You thought you were alone? I liked that Lollipop song, but after hearing some of his other shit on the radio, I am wondering how he got a record deal and how he keeps it. I have heard 4th graders who can rhyme at about the same level as much of what he puts out.

It isn’t “street poetry” like you can claim about Nas and it isn’t even artistic like you can say about Kanye West. It’s just nursery school rhymes put to music…the ones that never got written by the Brothers Grimm but can be found on the back of cereal boxes.

[quote]MikiB wrote:

edit: name someone better[/quote]

Nas

Want more?

I think

Lil Wayne is not the best rapper right now, but certainly we are not equating rap with hiphop…nonono…

Of course, there are too many contenders still making music: Nas, JayZ, etc. and then there are the less known like Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks that are certainly killing it…

However, as far as what goes on the radio recently, I would rather here Weezy’s rediculous metaphors and similes strung together with a sick beat and rhythm than Jeezys or TIs same-ol.

I mean, who are you saying is ‘better’? Kanye? Please. The game? Nay. (Though “my life” is a sick song with The Game f/…Weezy!)

Wu Tang Clan Ain’t Nutin To Fuck Wit, well, at least the used to not be.

[quote]Poetikaal wrote:
I think

Lil Wayne is not the best rapper right now, but certainly we are not equating rap with hiphop…nonono…

Of course, there are too many contenders still making music: Nas, JayZ, etc. and then there are the less known like Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks that are certainly killing it…

However, as far as what goes on the radio recently, I would rather here Weezy’s rediculous metaphors and similes strung together with a sick beat and rhythm than Jeezys or TIs same-ol.

I mean, who are you saying is ‘better’? Kanye? Please. The game? Nay. (Though “my life” is a sick song with The Game f/…Weezy!)[/quote]

Yes, Kanye is more talented as a producer and song writer. TI isn’t doing bad at all either. I have never understood the Lil Wayne loyalty.

Lil Wayne has become a pop artist,IMO.

i like lupe

well no one can tell someone else who the best is, its simply a personal preference, to each his own, people who start wars on this are simply ignorant,

if you base it on recent sales then yes he is the best.

And to put in my personal opinion, is he overrated? maybe, but certainly not as overrated as 50cent was, or Jay-Z was and still is (there are lil wayne haters out there for sure, but sometimes i actualy do think im the only one that never really understood all the jayz hype, he is definetly the most overrated)

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Lil Wayne has become a pop artist,IMO.[/quote]

Popcorn.

I am tired of play music. Yes, I like some music that just sounds like club shit, but when that is all you put out, I don’t see it lasting very long.

Nelly has fallen out of view because of similar shit even though he was pretty damn popular for a while.

I think Wayne has potential but I also think he believes his own hype too much lately.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
MikiB wrote:

edit: name someone better

Nas

Want more?[/quote]

b.o.b.

Blu & Exile. If you haven’t heard of him, check it out on youtube. His album Below the Heavens is awesome.

Lil’Wayne sucks.

Tons of rappers claim to be the best, baddest, got shot the most, deals the most drugs, and fucks the most bitches. Does that make them the best? No.

Lil Wayne is not the best, but he certainly does have some good lyrics.

Sidenote:

I picked up a free sample album from a CD store this weekend… Lord Legacy.

Some of his songs are pretty good.

yeah the hook in the games my life is sick, brown paper bag by dj khaled weezy spits flames, aside from that hes shit!!!

T.i’s doin aiiight nas still doin his thing , but i think immortal technique is one of the most complete mc’s to date.

Still love the god R.A.K.I.M

Thank you Lord i’m not alone.

My list of better rappers:
Nas
Cunninlynguists
Masta Ace
Erick Sermon
The Game(at times)
50 Cent(for the party tracks)
Common
Sticky Fingaz
Onyx
De La Soul
Little Brother
Dead Prez
Pharoahe Monche(but he hasn’t released anything new in a little while)
Mobb Deep
Witch Doctor(Highly recommend ‘A S.W.A.T. Healin’ Ritual-got some good tracks on it)
U.G.K.

I also can’t stand that Soulja Boy crap.

ah, Wayne=Pop. Like that assertion and I agree.

I agree he does not seem to be making moves to be lasting, but I believe he may be bigger than Nelly.

T.I. isnt doing bad but I dont believe he’s ‘better’ than wayne, and honestly, kanye is a better songwriter but he just pisses me off as a person anymore. Sometimes his songs are brilliant though.