Hip Thrusts

Hey guys…every time i do hip thrusts without a thick block of foam i cannot withstand more than 60kg because of severe pain in my pubic bone…not like the sort of pain we suck it up during squats and stuff like that…any one ever try these pussy pads and do they feel conformable like that?

Bret Contreras says that doing them with a pussy pad doesn’t help all that much, at least in his experience.

But I’d imagine any sort of padding will help when you’re placing hundreds of pounds onto one of the few places in the body that has no real muscle/fat over the bones…

I use a pussy pad and a folded up blanket and that allows me to go pretty heavy. I workout at home, though, so lugging a blanky around a commercial gym may look a little weird…then again, we’re talking about humping a barbell in public.

lool…i think ill invest in one.

I know this might come across as overly simplistic, but just keep fucking with it until you find your sweet spot. Use the pussy pad/cushion/whatever, it does help.

I couldn’t stand to go through a single set when I first started doing them, but as the time passed I learned that if I slid the bar down just a few inches, my hip flexors would start evening out the weight throughout the area.

Keep on working it until you find it.

Who cares what you do when you lift?

If some people want to call them pussy pads and refuse to use them to protect their manhood then let them

If you want to use them because it allows you to go heavier and get a harder workout in then do that and hump proudly.

No one in the gym should really be concerned with how you are hip thrusting, and if a dude is watching you hip thrust enough to be judging you for using a pad, he is just wasting his lifting time.

I don’t think anyone was being critical here. Latter part of my post was in jest.

Its not so bad, make sure it sits right on your hip bones, use your hands to keep the bar in place. I use a sissy pad if I can find one, but a thick rolled up towell or hell even a pair of blue jeans works well. I do 450 and still get bruises on occasion but you get used to it.

PS dont come all the way down, try to stop just short of the floor, taking the pressure off and putting it back on again and again doesnt help.

Airex pad, you can thank me later.

[quote]AntonioFlores wrote:
Hey guys…every time i do hip thrusts without a thick block of foam i cannot withstand more than 60kg because of severe pain in my pubic bone…not like the sort of pain we suck it up during squats and stuff like that…any one ever try these pussy pads and do they feel conformable like that?[/quote]

You can also use elastic bands which I find a bit more comfortable than a bar. Plus is that you don’t have to work nearly as much to keep them in place compared to the bar. Just loop them around the runners on a power rack and lie in the rack.

Hope this helps…

– jj