Hip Pain...Thoughts?

A few weeks ago I was doing some Max Effort Good Morngings. Went a little to heavy and caused some strain. Now, on one side of my glutes where I believe my hip joint is I am experiencing pain whenever I sit for long periods of time. However, I have no pain when I workout or am using my muscles. Any thoughts on what it could be? I am 33 and in good physical condition, with 16 years lifting experience.

If it’s not hurting whilst you’re moving then don’t be too concerned. It’s a bit injured and it’s healing that’s all. Stretching, massage etc will all help.

If it’s hurting when you’re moving, especially in the joint, then stop straight away and let it rest for a while. Then see a professional.

You’ll be fine mate.

I think what i have going on is an injury from the good morings that is:

The piriformis syndrome is a condition in which the piriformis muscle irritates the sciatic nerve, causing pain in the buttocks and referring pain along the course of the sciatic nerve. This referred pain, called “sciatica”, often goes down the back of the thigh and/or into the lower back. Patients generally complain of pain deep in the buttocks, which is made worse by sitting, climbing stairs, or performing squats. The piriformis muscle assists in abducting and laterally rotating the thigh.

However, it does not hurt when I squat - only sit, lie down, etc. Can you have a piriformis injury that is not aggrevated from exercise ?

Also, it is best in the mornings and worse in the evenings after, you guessed it, a day of sitting on my ass!