T Nation

Hip Flexor Pain After Deadlifting

I have started getting pain around my hip flexors from deadlifting. I am sure it is because I get very low for the initial pull, but it may be due to excessive zerchering too. Years ago I tore one of my hip flexors and broke the inside of my hip, so I am a little concerned about reinjury. Does anyone get similar pain from all the deadlifting and what do you do about it, thanks.

Do you pull from the same height every week with the same apparatus? It might benefit you to vary it up a little bit so you’re not hammering the same spots over and over again. Might even consider a suit.

Pretty much yes, though I switched to the regular bar since the comp coming up is just for a max DL. I don’t think a suit is in my budget. If I was going to nationals maybe, but I am nowhere near that qualified.

I cant really think of any deadlift variations that would directly translate to a higher 1RM.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
Pretty much yes, though I switched to the regular bar since the comp coming up is just for a max DL. I don’t think a suit is in my budget. If I was going to nationals maybe, but I am nowhere near that qualified.

I cant really think of any deadlift variations that would directly translate to a higher 1RM.[/quote]

Some good ones are

• 12-15" deadlift
  • Deficit deadlift
  • Both of the above with an axle
  • Chains
  • Bands
  • Top down/RDLs
  • Dead stop or touch and go (whichever you weren’t doing before)

And if you want a cheap suit, keep your eyes peeled on powerliftingwatch’s classifieds. I got a metal jack for $100 that way.

This helped me a lot with a similar hip issue from excessive squatting .

Kelly Starrett is a mobility God.

www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhL3CVpu8zN8&usg=AFQjCNGtIcHC-KtNxLc8yFABjj45bEr-Dw&bvm=bv.103388427,d.dmo

Im sorry. This is the proper website

thanks but it is a moot point now. I had a hand injury (tore a ligament and shifted a bone slightly) so I cant do anything grip related until it is treated.

Looks like it is going to be lots of 1 arm exercises and SSB exercises. Maybe now is an opportunity to try the 20 rep squat challenge?