Hip Bursitis?

Has anyone ever suffered from Hip Bursitis, its pain all around the hip area. I am unable to squat also I can feel a snapping or popping sound on the side of my hip. Had it for past 6 months any experiences with it? Also how did you heal it?

Who diagnosed you with bursitis and what was the MOI? I have not seen a snapping/popping associated with bursitis. More questions: age, training experience, history of injury, general activity (hobbies, sports, etc.), can you pinpoint the pain, superficial or deep? Just need some more info so I can help more.

I’ve included an article (as I usually do with my posts) to further educate you on hip bursitis.

Have you tried foam rolling your IT band daily? Just went through something similar post surgery, had a bunch of pain and it was all from tight it bands.

[quote]wax011 wrote:
Has anyone ever suffered from Hip Bursitis, its pain all around the hip area. I am unable to squat also I can feel a snapping or popping sound on the side of my hip. Had it for past 6 months any experiences with it? Also how did you heal it?[/quote]

Sounds like you have external snapping hip. Typically associated with tightness of the ITB, tightness and weakness of the glutes. Tightness through the glutes may also cause a hip bursitis.

You aren’t exactly accurate with your description as pain all around the hip area could also mean back pain/ groin pain and internal hip pain. Sounds like much of it is on the outside however.