T Nation

Hip Alignment

So recently i have noticed that my hips just didnt seem to align correctly for whatever reason. I did some searches and found this article http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/hips_dont_lie_fixing_your_force_couples and realized that my problem is anterior tilt. Im going to follow the advice that it said, just wondering if anybody has any other pointers, also how long does it take to fix the problem? 2 months 3 months? And with regards to psoas, iliacus, rectus femoris, and spinal erector, what stretches would you guys use?

the guy who asks why he is weaker after not working out for 3 months gets replys, yet when i have a legit question… nothing

I’m not an expert, but:

I’ve seen Cressey’s Maginificent Mobility and read the warmup section in Maximum Strength. Both have good stuff.

If there’s a problem, it will take a long time to fix.

For rectus femoris, I’m particularly fond of the kneeling RF/TFL stretch. Sort of like a lunge but with your back foot hooked up high on a bench. Turns out my RF was uber-tight when I first started out.

How often are you squatting?

As for how long who knows? Depends on how consistent you are with everything. I corrected some issues through doing a set mobility drill before every lowerbody session, constantly reinforcing proper posture when sitting at home and driving. Proper rack dead lifts. Pull throughs. I love warrior lunges though lol. Perfect to do anywhere.