T Nation

Hillary vs. Carson?

Wow.

There is a lot going on.

First. Trump seems to be dropping in the Polls faster than the price of Atlantic City Property. Many thought his "act" would start to get old...and maybe it has.

Carson, on the other hand, is rising and rising fast to the Top. In fact, he leads in most all credible Polls. Now this is where it gets interesting.

Most credible Polls put Carson as the ONLY GOP candidate who can beat Hillary!

I know it's a long way out, BLAH, BLAH...but let's discuss where we are NOW.

1) What are your thoughts on Trump?

2) What are your thoughts on Carson?

3) (Now...besides Jeb...this is the biggest "head-scratcher" for me):

What about RUBIO?

Why can't he seem to rise in the Polls? Why do you think many feel that Carson has a better chance of beating Hillary than he does?

Let's discuss.

Mufasa

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

1. What are your thoughts on Trump? [/quote]

I’m surprised he lasted this long. No substance, but the passionate. He’s still strongly in second place, and I don’t think the Trump run is over. He has a lot of true believers

[quote]

1. What are your thoughts on Carson? [/quote]

I like the guy, especially his honesty. I do not think he would be a good president. He has said some questionable things and his foreign policy seems a bit naive. I also haven’t seen the details of his tax plan or how it would work.

I like governers much more than senators, but I like Rubio. I think he is the best candidate right now.

Also, in regards to your statement about Clinton, the polls I’ve seen show Carson (+10), Rubio (+5), Cruz (+3), Christie (+5) all beating Clinton. Clinton is only shown beating Trump, with the poll even showing Sanders beating Trump. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/pres_general/

Trump is an entertaining ass clown. I’ve said enough about him in the past.

Carson is a mild mannered intellectual that I would vote for, but I don’t think he’d be a great POTUS. Certainly not my first choice. I’m not sure he’ll be able to handle the Clinton machine though.

I like Rubio as a VP pick and think he’d do better against Hillary than Carson, personally.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
A classic example of Good vs Evil.

In a nutshell.[/quote]

LOL…excellent.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
A classic example of Good vs Evil.

In a nutshell.[/quote]

Okay…

I take in you mean Hillary vs. Carson?

If so…what explains the OTHER candidates not winning (polling) well against her?

Are they not “good” also?

Mufasa

Is it OK to say Ben Carson looks really healthy? Like the fittest candidate?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
[
If so…what explains the OTHER candidates not winning (polling) well against her?

[/quote]

Mufasa, what poll shows this? As I stated above, there are polls that say different.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

1. What are your thoughts on Trump?

2. What are your thoughts on Carson?

3. (Now…besides Jeb…this is the biggest “head-scratcher” for me):

What about RUBIO?

Why can’t he seem to rise in the Polls? Why do you think many feel that Carson has a better chance of beating Hillary than he does?

Let’s discuss.

Mufasa[/quote]

1. Trump has risen to the top because of his immigration stance. The more he talks immigration, the better he does.

2. Rubio can’t rise in the polls because of Gang of eight. His past stance on immigration continues to hold him back. Rubio is the establishment back-up plan when Jeb finally decides to call it quits.

Immigration is a huge issue this time around and the people aren’t looking for a soft “act of love” type of candidate.

Hillary can call Bern on his cell phone.

[quote]Drew1411 wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
[

[/quote]

Mufasa, what poll shows this? As I stated above, there are polls that say different.[/quote]

The latest NBC/WSJ.

Keep in mind two things: 1) these Polls are EXTREMLY volatile and can change often 2) there seems to be agreement that the “online” Polls are wrought with the most bias and inaccuracy.

I am excited to finally get this out of the hands of the Pollsters…and let’s get on to IOWA and New Hampshire.

Mufasa

“…Rubio is the establishment back-up plan…”

That “E” Word could be the Kiss-of-Death for Rubio with the mood of much of the Electorate.

He seems to be a “solid” third…but he is just barely out of single digits (anywhere from 10-12%, depending on the Poll).

Mufasa

Clinton ONLY beats Trump in this poll.

[quote]doogie wrote:

Clinton ONLY beats Trump in this poll.[/quote]

I think that we can probably agree that these Polls can be; and WILL be; all over the place.

I also agree with everyone who has posted the last few months that:

1. Hillary is a very vulnerable candidate.

2. This election is the GOP’s to lose.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]Drew1411 wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
[

[/quote]

Mufasa, what poll shows this? As I stated above, there are polls that say different.[/quote]

The latest NBC/WSJ.

Keep in mind two things: 1) these Polls are EXTREMLY volatile and can change often 2) there seems to be agreement that the “online” Polls are wrought with the most bias and inaccuracy.

I am excited to finally get this out of the hands of the Pollsters…and let’s get on to IOWA and New Hampshire.

Mufasa[/quote]

“Polls” also had the Kentucky Gubernatorial race a lock for Dems, and the Republican won by 9 points.

I think Nate Silver is the most reliable with his numbers, he is non-partisan and has successfully predicted the more recent elections.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]Drew1411 wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
[

[/quote]

The latest NBC/WSJ.

Mufasa[/quote]

That is not the latest poll.

Both more recent Fox and Quinnipiac polls have trump still leading, but not nearly as much.

Any polling at this point is like pre-season rankings or power rankings in sports. They are not an absolute indicator of who will win, but are only indications of the ‘hot’ candidate.

With Trump at a steady ~25% I think its a stretch to say he’s already out. There is still alot of time, and it is way to early to jump to conclusions.

Not going to happen , it will be Sanders VS: Trump

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Hillary can call Bern on his cell phone. [/quote]

good video , I like the last statement , “OK Hillary , it’s your move” Hillary will never get it till she throws the establishment under the bus , and i am betting it will never happen