Hillary Took Control Of The DNC Before A Contested Primary

My bet is she’s doing it to sell her upcoming book…

Hillary is such a piece of shit.

1 Like

Funnily enough, I’m yet to see a single Dem take this stance, yet I’ve seen scores take the stance of “fuck the DNC, they’re assholes.”

I read an editorial to my point in the NYT or Slate or some other lefty paper. This was just after it came out last year that Donna was giving Hillary the questions to prepare for debates. Can’t find it now of course, not that one NYT editorial speaks for all Democrats.

The DNC has already argued in federal court that they had every right to rig the primary (second link).

It’s not like they needed to argue that anyway. DNC falls under the category of politicians. Pols and rich people aren’t required to obey US laws. Duh.

Well not exactly. The DNC is a private club, not a government agency. They can choose their candidate however they damn well please. The suit was alleging that the DNC committed fraud by allowing Bernie supporters to donate millions to a candidate that never had a chance. That’s what the judge dismissed. He did say some not nice things about the DNC, but said it wasn’t under his purview if no federal crimes were committed.

That should actually be the title of a book.

2 Likes

I only think she wanted to be president to cuckold Bill by saddling him with the duties of “First Lady” and constantly reminding him who the boss is.

It’s pretty clear to me that Hillary is as psychotic and delusional as Trump is…

2 Likes

While he indeed got shafted, and he and his supporters should be very resentful and pissed, there are some issues.

He isn’t a democrat, thankfully. Therefore the DNC owes him nothing. Just like the RNC owes trump nothing (well owed I guess.) You can’t swoop in and try and usurp a party nomination without facing some pushback. I’m nto trying to justify him getting shafted, but there is an expected level of ethical pushback. The DNC just tossed ethics out the damn window. And it appears that was at least somewhat, out of necessity.

Don’t assume it would be a better direction…

but this is a legitimate claim though. Just like the RNC could have done the same to trump, and I bet a lot of people on this board would have been happy if they did. Shit a lot of republicans would have been happy if they did…

Both are pretty standard planks. Expand your journey into comment sections at your own risk, but both views (and others) are there.

pretty sure they are still pretty good friends in private… I’d expect nothing less.

And make some special cigars for her friends.

“Try this one Nancy. Its the William Reserva de la Especial”…

I’m shocked hearing this from such a devout Hillary supporter. :wink:

And I will say one thing - in Hillary’s very minor defense, the DNC had been left a rudderless, bankrupt zombie institution after years of neglect from Obama. While Hillary shouldn’t have been able to co-opt it for her corrupt ends, the institution shouldn’t have been so easily co-opted.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m sort of torn as to who should carry the flag of shame on this one.

The opportunist that left his party in shambles, or the opportunist that “saved it” for the low, low cost of her unethical personal gain.

Both people seem to have dropped the ball re: ethics, though Obama less so. He just looks like a hypocrite more than unethical. The man that cared for the lessors among us, and for the downtrodden, left his own party in shambles once he didn’t need it anymore.

2 Likes

But did the party even want him at the time? When he was running against Hillary she was the chosen one then as well, if I recall correctly.

Well it would be a direction favored by the majority of the public.

Even if that was true, it’s completely irrelevant.

The majority of the public still thinks “low fat diets mean I’ll lose weight”…

Once single-payer becomes a reality and the public sees the sky hasn’t fallen they will be more pliable to the other ideas that have worked in other countries for some time. Of course it will still take a battle to become reality as the status quo have a lot to loose.

You guys couldn’t even get it through in his home state, lol.

But I’m not going to go down this road, with you, again.

1 Like

Because Bernie is now the only viable kingmaker on the left. Can’t antagonize the dude.

Edited because of another damn autocorrect mistake.

1 Like

Idk man. The average American is pretty damn slow. That’s giving a lot of credit for high level foresight when the average herpderp can’t balance their checkbook.

1 Like