Hillary Took Control Of The DNC Before A Contested Primary

I’m missing your point. Are you drawing a clear distinction between “Muslim” and “Islam” here?

Sam Harris is a Richard Dawkins type, and has done a shit ton of publishing about the evils of religion.

While on Real Time he and BM were discussing some of Islam’s specific short comings. Keep in mind dude has published books ripping Christianity and the evil Jews. Ben Aflec virtue signaled loud and proud how he was a racist, the label stuck and now Sam (supper left Democrat btw) has been called and alt right racist all over the place.

It’s worth the hour plus. Dave’s youtube one on one’s typically are FYI.

1 Like

Right, because your mind won’t allow that to be rational. That’s not what makes something rational or not. You’re a good person.

They think they are good, and doing the right thing, and have all the passions and romantic notions of “god” behind them when they do that. They are rational, which makes it scary.

He means in the marketplace of ideas. You can talk critically about Christians without being called a racist. Harder to do about Muslims.

Thankfully

1 Like

Sure, I’m disputing that. I’m just saying did Comedy Central really censor Muhammed out of fear for their safety or fear that they’d lose money? Most decisions are based on money in my opinion and as you said, liberal can be a pain in the ass.

There is a clear distinction between believer and belief.

Seems a minor quibble considering the discussion here.

So they thought that mocking Islam would lose money but mocking Christianity, which South Park has always done, won’t? Jon Stewart, who worked for the same network, spoke out about it on his show.

It is not minor. If I criticize an ideology and then get labeled a racist, which makes no sense, it can lead to stifling any discussion. And this is exactly why they play the race card.

1 Like

Interesting, especially considering Affleck is on the hot seat for the Weinstein stuff now.

I donno, I guess we just define rational differently.

I think that depends on the venue. We’re being critical of Islam right now.

Potentially, yes. All I’m saying is decisions normally come down to $$'s not emotions, imo.

If he said they shouldn’t have censored it then I totally agree. They shouldn’t have.

Because ISIS and leftists don’t know where I live.

1 Like

lol. You been taking lessons from me with this post?

Yes, you are correct, but I mean in a more open forum. I wouldn’t dare say any of this on facebook, even thought nothing I said was false* or even bigoted at all.

*Intentionally that is. I could very well be incorrect on many things, but I’m not intentionally misrepresenting anything to shit on Islam.

I suppose, but people have tracked me down through this site.

Well, sure, but I wouldn’t dare say 80% of what I do on here on Facebook. It’s too easy to lose your job over something stupid; although, like I said above, I’m not as anonymous as most posters here.

Also, isn’t not exercising free speech just as dangerous in the long term if not more so?

You’ve got guys like Tim Kennedy that dare ISIS to come find them

https://twitter.com/TimKennedyMMA?lang=en

3 Likes

Yes.

It’s a dangerous game, that I’m thankful people like Harris are willing to play. Even though free speech and him not being a racist are likely two of the few things we agree on lol.

2 Likes

I am not sure about that. The concentric circles of radicalism run pretry far out in to the fray of practitioners.

Harris can do it without worrying about his job or what people like Affleck think because he makes a living speaking his mind. I also think he comes from a wealthy background so he is financially secure. The regressives can #fireharris all they want and it won’t stop him.

It’s the people whose livelihoods are at the mercy of witch hunting virtue signalers who have to worry.

2 Likes

My understanding is that comedy central received actual threats. Talking about it is one thing, depicting the prophet crosses a line.

1 Like

Lucky bastards.

4 Likes

And how many among that 95% see that line?

You know the Troubles wasn’t that long ago. Religious groups have been killing each other for centuries. Ataturk was one of several who modernized his nation, but history doesn’t move in a straight line, and we are all bound by some degree by how we were raised and what religions we were raised in. It’s true that radical Islam is a threat, but I’m not sure it’s all that much different than what we have done to ourselves here in the west. Not saying we don’t need to defeat it, or that if we just hug it out the crazies will put down their weapons, but let’s be honest that that this isn’t all that different.

1 Like