Hillary to Replace Biden?

Rumors are Biden may withdraw as VP candidate after the VP debate for health reasons and HRC may step in.

I doubt it.

She turns 61 next month. I believe she wants to be POTUS more than anything, but as Obama’s VP, she wouldn’t be able to really do it for 8 years. And then she’d still be held responsible for anything he did if he wins.

Anyway, any other thoughts out there about this?

pw

If Hillary was elected as VP, she’d find a way to be prez within 2 years.

Obama is not stupid.

Where are these rumors?

I cannot see that happening.

That would cost him the election IMO.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Where are these rumors?

I cannot see that happening.[/quote]

Hannity was talking about it today. I could only find it on some other forums. No facts.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/will_biden_withdraw_from_the_race/

No facts, just speculation. Like I stated, she’d be better off if Obama loses and she can take on McCain in 2012.

I agree with Hannity A LOT, but he has a tendency to overstate things at times.

The most beautiful scenario here would be if he now asked Hillary she told him to kiss off and then Biden did too for asking her after Biden publicly stated that she would be the better choice =] Aw man, that would be better than another Stanley Cup.

After Biden’s continuing bufoonery, this seems more likely. But I’d bet on Kathleen Sebelius now instead of HRC.

[quote]yorik wrote:

Obama is not stupid.[/quote]

Vince Foster

Hillary will be the VP candidate before the November elections. Biden will either make a serious gaffe or will claim a medical issue and Hillary will step in.

They will still lose to McCain/Palin as this will be viewed very negatively by most people. Obama will fade away, as he should, and Hillary will run again in 2012.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Vince Foster[/quote]

DING! (That was a bell tolling…)

yorik wrote:

Obama is not stupid.

Vince Foster[/quote]

That was a zinger wasn’t it?

Even assuming the worst it would be considerably harder to pull something like that off with a sitting president.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
yorik wrote:

Obama is not stupid.

Vince Foster

Even assuming the worst it would be considerably harder to pull something like that off with a sitting president.[/quote]

LBJ JFK?

I don’t think Hillary will replace Biden, but it does appear that Obama has been running against Biden lately.

Not only is that just plain bad to have such disconnect between the ticket, but it undermines Obama’s oft-repeated claim of his great “executive experience” running his campaign. When you can’t even keep your VP from publicly disagreeing with your choice of ads, it’s hard to claim you are “The Boss” with a straight face.

Considering the penchant Opie has for using the courts to do his heavy lifting, it would be funny, but not totally out of the realm of possibility, to see Barry slap Biden with a restraining order.

Tiribulus wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
yorik wrote:

Obama is not stupid.

Vince Foster

Even assuming the worst it would be considerably harder to pull something like that off with a sitting president.

LBJ JFK?[/quote]

Everybody knows Jackie had JFK killed.

It just seems too good to be true to see Obama’s campaign imploding with Biden off-message, the polls changing towards McCain and the Clintons passive-aggressively working against him.

I keep looking for how he can pull it off, but I’m not seeing it. That bothers me.

p:

I don’t think that the Obama campaign will be able to pull this off with something that THEY do.

It will have to be due to some major implosion on the part of the McCain/Palin campaign; and right now, those guys are running a very tight ship (e.g. Palin staying at arms length from the media).

“The Road to Nowhere” and other “controversies” are quite frankly…going nowhere…

Mufasa

Almost EVERY News Agency that I’ve listened to has said the same thing about Biden:

Obama HAD to know what he was getting into when he picked " The King of Gaffs and Misspeaks" as his running mate.

The first few days of this week alone have greatly enhanced the interest that a lot of people have in the VP debate.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Almost EVERY News Agency that I’ve listened to has said the same thing about Biden:

Obama HAD to know what he was getting into when he picked " The King of Gaffs and Misspeaks" as his running mate.
[/quote]

Distraction, right? Biden’s the butt of the jokes, while Obama runs the campaign.

The last 2 weeks will tell us who had the most effective strategy.