T Nation

Hillary: Most Conservative Candidate

Of the 3 major candidates remaining, Hillary may well be the most conservative of the lot. Is that why she’s now losing?

"Hillary is, shockingly enough, the most conservative candidate among the top three presidential candidates.

The Rev. Jerry Falwell once remarked that his people would rather vote for Beelzebub than Hillary Clinton.

He didn’t mention John McCain.

Pat Buchanan says if McCain is the nominee, the Republican Party will lose its soul. I’m more worried about the Republican Party losing its mind.

Republicans are doing what the Democrats tried in 2004 with John Kerry. In a state of despair, Democrats dumped the legitimate leader of their party, Howard Dean, for a candidate they deemed “electable.” Kerry served in Vietnam! Republicans: Conniving has never been our strong suit. Honor is our strong suit.

Sen. John McCain’s claim to being a Republican comes down to two factors:

(1) He was a POW – I know that because he mentions it more often than John Kerry told us that he served in Vietnam.

And (2) he has a relatively conservative voting record compared to, say, Maxine Waters.

In 2006 – the most recent year for which ratings are available – McCain’s ACU rating was 65. That year, the ACU rating for the other senator from Arizona, Jon Kyl, was 97. Even Chuck Hagel’s ACU rating was 75, and Lindsey Graham’s was 83.

Since 1998, only four Republican senators have had worse ACU scores than John McCain – and none were from Goldwater country: Lincoln Chafee, Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe and Arlen Specter. The last time McCain ranked this far down in his class, he was at the Naval Academy."
— Ann Coulter

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25001

[quote]kelleyb wrote:
Why isn’t this in the Politics Forum? [/quote]

I screwed the pooch, meant to put it there. Mods, will you move it there, please?

What is Hillary’s lifetime ACU score, since we are looking at scores?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
What is Hillary’s lifetime ACU score, since we are looking at scores?[/quote]

Well, we all KNOW its going to be low, as she is a liberal Democrat. I think it was 8.

I’m doing this between classes but 43 Senators had higher scores than McCain, so Hillary could top him if she tried.

My incredible disdain for this vile creature aside. That may be in fact true. And she is less electable than osama. She should be the democratic nominee.

Not only is Hilary probably the most conservative candidate of the 3 major players in the race, she is probably the smartest and wittiest in the race. Probably one of the smartest people in Congress.

[quote]queballj wrote:
… Probably one of the smartest people in Congress.[/quote]

That is called damning with faint praise.

[quote]queballj wrote:
Not only is Hilary probably the most conservative candidate of the 3 major players in the race, she is probably the smartest and wittiest in the race. Probably one of the smartest people in Congress.[/quote]

Boys and girls, this is a perfect example of hyperbole.