Hillary In Iraq

Wondering what you T-men think of Hillary Clinton visiting Iraq on Thanksgiving.

Is this a carefully orhestrated political move? Does she really have a fond desire to understand our troops?

Finally, do you think that she will ever be elected to the Presidency?

Excellent political strategy.

the wife of the downsizer of the military giving more then a rats ass about the troops? of course it is a political move. she will most likley announce later her running for prez because the current crop is shown as behind enough in the poles, and her ahead for her to feel it necessarry.

I misstated the country. She is visiting Afghanistan.

what do you think of bush in iraq? same shit man…

if politicians don’t do these things they are seen as not caring, if they do it’s seen as early campaigning. they’re gonna get criticized either way.

i commend both clinton and bush for actually showing up in person despite the personal danger to each of them… it should boost morale a bit in both countries.

hey walkon,

downsizing the military is not necessarily a bad thing… i think al franken said it best… something along the lines of: so we have fewer horses in the military now than we did 100 years ago, so is our military worse off now? no!

downsizing is good if you’re getting rid of unnecessary, outdated, or overlapping resources… getting rid of old tank contracts and working on, say, a better faster joint strike fighter is fine by me. after all the means of military conflict in the 20th century changed dramatically, from flame throwers and chemical weapons to smart bombs, ballistic missile defense and realtime distributed computing.

any other president intersted in modernizing the military would have done similar downsizing of certain things.

Is it a political move? Yes, of course. It keeps her in the public eye.

This is no different then what any other politician would do though. What she does and says after she gets there is more important, so I wouldn’t make any judgments yet.

Who would the military rather see? Hitlery Clinton or George Bush? Hmm…I wonder.

please don’t quote al franken on this board. that is insulting our intelligence. al franken is a boob who wasn’t funny and is a worse writer. and yes i don’t agree with his left wing political views but it still has nothing to do with his horrible comedy and crappy book. geez what has the world come to when al franken is making political statements. along with george clooney alec baldwin and the rest of the hollywood yahoos who have no clue on what the average american thinks. just so typical of the hollywood elitists.

danh,

Sorry, Al Franken never said anything “best”.

Al Franken…hahah…the mere fact that someone quoted his name in response to a political context is more humourous than anything he has ever written. As someone who has ever intention of voting for Bush, it would be my wet dream if hillary ran for president in 2004, and she has no right going to afghanistan, the little back stabbbing glory monger.

Kill the fucker.

“what has the world come to when al franken is making political statements. along with george clooney alec baldwin and the rest of the hollywood yahoos who have no clue on what the average american thinks. just so typical of the hollywood elitists.”

I wonder if Governor Shwarzenegger agrees with you?

Quit pretending that you hate actors who make political statements, and just be honest and admit that you hate Democrats.

we wouldnt be in afghanistan if her husband had gotten bin laden like he was supposed to.

Hey Roid’, Kill which one, Hillary or Al? I would agree with either, just curious.

Me Solomon Grundy

I’m not particularly fond of Hillary, but I’m unfamiliar with the nature of her visit, so I can’t comment, I hope there is a purpose.

Semper Fi.

All you guys saying shit about killing people are some punk ass bitches. Seriously. Why when a Republican does something you praise them, but when a democrat does the exact same thing you criticize them. You all are just a bunch of hypocrites. Oh yeah, fuck you avoidsroids.

Hillary. Franken at least has some entertainment value.

The bitch must go.

Well, this thread didn’t exactly turn out the way I had planned.