Hillary Clinton vs Sarah Palin

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
A cunning evil person is far worse than an incompetent person be they evil or good.

But most people confuse communication skills with intelligence.
[/quote]

Very much agree.

As a sidebar comment, people often confuse a very good memory with intelligence. Actually see it on the forum from time to time clear as day.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
A cunning evil person is far worse than an incompetent person be they evil or good.

[/quote]

Not going to disagree, but do we really want someone incompetent running the country?

Personally, I think we already have that. I have no idea why we would give another incompetent person the job.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
What’s unintelligent is claiming another is unintelligent who was merely tripped up and/or miscommunicated under the limelight of a media interview. Our current day de facto rule that presidential and vice presidential candidates must be skilled celebrities (mainly because of the power of television) is one that is vigorously enforced by…of all things…the unintelligent.

The press tried that same thing – “he’s a dummy” – many times with George W Bush. In fact, regardless of where one stands on Bush’s politics and policies the man was sharp as a whip.

I’m presently reading my second biography of Andrew Jackson and the funny thing is the same type political sniping was going on back in the 1820’s and '30’s. There’s nothing new under the sun.[/quote]

This would be the case if Palin didn’t have a history of dumbass comments. I’m not basing that on one miscommunication. I’m basing it on her history of not understanding many basic things.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
What’s unintelligent is claiming another is unintelligent who was merely tripped up and/or miscommunicated under the limelight of a media interview. Our current day de facto rule that presidential and vice presidential candidates must be skilled celebrities (mainly because of the power of television) is one that is vigorously enforced by…of all things…the unintelligent.

The press tried that same thing – “he’s a dummy” – many times with George W Bush. In fact, regardless of where one stands on Bush’s politics and policies the man was sharp as a whip.

I’m presently reading my second biography of Andrew Jackson and the funny thing is the same type political sniping was going on back in the 1820’s and '30’s. There’s nothing new under the sun.[/quote]

On the evidence, Sarah Palin is plainly stupid and, worse, completely incurious. All this talk about limelights and “gotcha” journalism–“What do you read?” is not a “gotcha” question. Not by any measure and not even remotely close. And a gaffe is when someone slips with a word or a phrase–all of Romney’s, Bush saying that the Taliban “have no disregard for human life,” Obama saying he’d been in 57 states, a hundred anchors saying that Obama bin Laden had been killed in Operation Neptune Spear–not a full excruciating minute of silence during which it becomes painfully–and I really mean painfully–clear that the person who’s running for Vice President doesn’t read the Goddamn news and probably hasn’t read a book since being forced to in high school or–maybe–college. You know what that is? It’s insulting to people at home, to people who read newspapers and books even though they aren’t spending millions of dollars of other people’s money for the purpose of winning power and fame.

You’re right that George W. Bush isn’t what the Left made him out to be, though I consider “sharp as a whip” an enormous stretch. Good memory, likes to read, extremely inarticulate. Probably average for an American, below average for presidents.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]smh_23 wrote:

You’re right that George W. Bush isn’t what the Left made him out to be, though I consider “sharp as a whip” an enormous stretch. Good memory, likes to read, extremely inarticulate. Probably average for an American, below average for presidents.[/quote]

The people who knew/know him well disagree with you. And not just necessarily his cronies.[/quote]

In some cases yes and in some cases no. Either way, in the case of a public figure with that much sustained exposure, my opinion of him doesn’t need to rely heavily on hearsay from people with agendas. Not being able to speak without sounding stupid is a check in the bad box.

[quote]
Anyway, I’m not pursuing the Palin thing again. Done it enough times. Headhunter is trotting out his old material. It’s passe.[/quote]

Passe or not, I don’t believe you disagree with me. If someone posted on this board about, say, Roe V. Wade, without even a hint of knowledge about the decision–without having read a single thing about it, to the extent that that person did not understand the connection to the right to privacy–I think you would scoff at them.

It’s just that, when she did, all the liberals you don’t like made fun of her, and that caused you to make a gaping exception.

But deep down, I bet you’re as insulted as I am that such an ignoramus was offered up. I don’t mean a gaffe-prone clown like Biden or Romney, or someone whom you disagree with like Obama–I mean an ignoramus.

Call me what ever you like , I would have done that >)

There is nothing wrong with dumb leaders, as long as they get their advice/ideas from smarter people you agree with.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
There is nothing wrong with dumb leaders, as long as they get their advice/ideas from smarter people you agree with.[/quote]

Dumb leaders are usually elected by even dumber people.

I still don’t get this debate. Basically everyone but OP is agreeing that Palin is a legitimate grade A moron, and we are talking about who would be better at our most important political job?!

Damn surely America can offer a better choice than corrupt politicians OR dumb as shit people right? Can’t we? Maybe just once? Is it really as bad as saying well shit these guys are corrupt so I’d rather have that dumbass.

People are making me feel really bad right now about our potential leaders lol.

If HH for some reason was right and Palin got the GOP nomination the Democrats would do backflip after backflip after backflip in celebration. You’d be hard pressed to find someone Democrats would rather run against in 2016 than Palin. No matter how bad the system is doing after 8 years of Bush then 8 years of Obama Democrats would take that matchup in a heartbeat.

I would not be shocked if some Democrats were working behind the scenes trying to get her to run somehow someway.

[quote]H factor wrote:
I still don’t get this debate. Basically everyone but OP is agreeing that Palin is a legitimate grade A moron, and we are talking about who would be better at our most important political job?!

Damn surely America can offer a better choice than corrupt politicians OR dumb as shit people right? Can’t we? Maybe just once? Is it really as bad as saying well shit these guys are corrupt so I’d rather have that dumbass.

People are making me feel really bad right now about our potential leaders lol.

If HH for some reason was right and Palin got the GOP nomination the Democrats would do backflip after backflip after backflip in celebration. You’d be hard pressed to find someone Democrats would rather run against in 2016 than Palin. No matter how bad the system is doing after 8 years of Bush then 8 years of Obama Democrats would take that matchup in a heartbeat.

I would not be shocked if some Democrats were working behind the scenes trying to get her to run somehow someway. [/quote]

If we just want a female to be president, this one would be far better than either:

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/kwiatkowski/kwiatkowski-arch.html

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/kwiatkowski/kwiatkowski291.html

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Not a chance. I like Sarah. If for no other reason than her biggest detractors are fools who I tend to despise (not speaking to you at all) which is kinda what you alluded to above but I do not think her as an ignoramus.

Biden is the ignoramus. Pelosi and others are in that corral too. They aren’t just “gaffe-prone,” they’re plumb stupid. They all have graduate degrees from the University of Pitttttbulllll.

Anyway, I’ve been through this before and it’s boring. I’m signing off. Probably.
[/quote]

Fair enough. I’m certainly not going to try to tell you that Pelosi isn’t a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[/quote]

This. My own estimation of her stupidity aside, she cannot win a national election. Hillary would have a celebratory lesbian orgy if she were to learn that she’ll be running against Palin.

Not a chance. I like Sarah. If for no other reason than her biggest detractors are fools who I tend to despise (not speaking to you at all) which is kinda what you alluded to above but I do not think her as an ignoramus.

Biden is the ignoramus. Pelosi and others are in that corral too. They aren’t just “gaffe-prone,” they’re plumb stupid. They all have graduate degrees from the University of Pitttttbulllll.

Anyway, I’ve been through this before and it’s boring. I’m signing off. Probably.
[/quote]

What Republican is an ignoramus,then?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[/quote]

Very much agree.

As a sidebar comment, people often confuse a very good memory with intelligence. Actually see it on the forum from time to time clear as day. [/quote]

You mean Jeopardy champions aren’t the smartest people ever?!

[quote]pushharder wrote:
[/quote]
The immature, uneducated reasoning (for lack of a better word)of the typical Palin supporter.

Of course push won’t see this because he’s a cowardly punk who puts people he disagrees with on ignore but I still stand by my assertion that he’s a poorly educated oaf who likes to call everyone else stupid even though he doesn’t provide any substance to back up his arguments other than the “fact” he’s just smarter than everyone else. Talk about having a chip on your shoulder. It’s like the dumb girl who keeps insisting she’s smart.

Serious mental health examinations should be performed on anyone who believes Hillary would make a good President. There is simply no rational or logical reason to believe she would be fit to be President. None.