T Nation

Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

I'm curious that if it came down to these two candidates for President which would you pick?

If you want to give a reason go ahead but it's not necessary.

Please Vote Trump or Hillary.

Gary Johnson, even though I disagree with his abortion stance. Or I’d blank it, and vote for congress & local only.

MA will be bluer than blue either way so it won’t matter. But the honest answer is neither.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I’m curious that if it came down to these two candidates for President which would you pick?

If you want to give a reason go ahead but it’s not necessary.

Please Vote Trump or Hillary.[/quote]

The only person that could make me not cast an opposing vote to Hillary would be Jeb Bush, but you present a false choice.

Cruz and Trump are having joint rallies and meet and coordinate frequently.

It’s pretty obvious that Trump wanted to avoid a Jeb presidency, so he is acting at the stalking horse for Cruz, attacking Jeb, bringing attention, and causing Jeb to spend money (which he will soon do on massive attack ads against Trump).

Trump knows he will get mortally wounded by this, leaving Cruz as the elder statesman. It’s really brilliant.

It’s only fair as there are a number of never-gonna-win candidates in the race at the behest of Jeb to split the vote from the viable conservatives: Graham, Huckabie, Rubio, etc.

Basically Trump is giving the RINOs a taste of their own machinations.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I’m curious that if it came down to these two candidates for President which would you pick?

The only person that could make me not cast an opposing vote to Hillary would be Jeb Bush, but you present a false choice.

It’s pretty obvious that Trump wanted to avoid a Jeb presidency, so he is acting at the stalking horse for Cruz, attacking Jeb, bringing attention, and causing Jeb to spend money (which he will soon do on massive attack ads against Trump).

Trump knows he will get mortally wounded by this, leaving Cruz as the elder statesman. It’s really brilliant.

It’s only fair as there are a number of never-gonna-win candidates in the race at the behest of Jeb to split the vote from the viable conservatives: Graham, Huckabie, Rubio, etc.

Basically Trump is giving the RINOs a taste of their own machinations.[/quote]

That is a very interesting read. But, you failed to take one very important matter into account, that is Donald Trump’s ego. I don’t think Trump does anyone’s bidding especially Ted Cruz, who is not nearly as viable as many other candidates. I also think Trump has his eye on the top spot. Maybe not when he first entered the race but most assuredly now. He looked around and found himself in the lead and thought “hey I can actually win and become President”. Okay…just a guess…

However, if I am wrong and he is destroying the Bush candidacy…well good!

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Gary Johnson, even though I disagree with his abortion stance. Or I’d blank it, and vote for congress & local only.

MA will be bluer than blue either way so it won’t matter. But the honest answer is neither.

[/quote]

Jesus. Just change MA to NY and I have the same response.

Neither. Unless I had a gun to my head and was told I couldn’t blank it. Then…maybe neither anyway. Trump if my family was going to be tortured to death I suppose.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Neither. Unless I had a gun to my head and was told I couldn’t blank it. Then…maybe neither anyway. Trump if my family was going to be tortured to death I suppose. [/quote]

Okay that was pretty freaking funny…

I’m not a big Trump fan as most of you know. I want to see a Kasich/Rubio ticket which I have said plenty of times. Anyway, I can’t imagine a scenario where I would ever vote for Hillary Clinton. Well…that whole torture thing you described would probably sway me.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Neither. Unless I had a gun to my head and was told I couldn’t blank it. Then…maybe neither anyway. Trump if my family was going to be tortured to death I suppose. [/quote]

I think I agree with you.

Trump has proven he lacks competence and is pretty limited, but he hasn’t shown that he is corrupt. Hillary has demonstrated that she is, in fact, a corrupt person and politician. And I can’t knowingly vote for corruption.

It would depend on their “team”. Of course the only one we would know for sure would be the VP. But if I was Trump, I would start throwing out names of people he would want on his team. Granted, they could not commit, but it would make a big difference.

Look at GW Bush’s cabinet. Stacked.

I would come out an say that I would ask Trey Gowdy to be my AG. I would ask Dr. Carson to be the Surgeon General. Etc.

If Hillary had s strong cabinet, and Trump’s was weak… I honestly may go with Hillary. Trump will need a 4 star Sec state, Sec def and Chief of Staff to start.

I think there is a high chance Hillary won’t make the nomination. Just recently, there was the issue of one of her staff pleading the 5th on the email issues. If it’s something small, she may stay in. If it’s big, she’s out. In that case, I think we’ll have a Biden/Warren ticket and I think that would be better against Trump in particular anyway.

Trump has an appeal as being forthcoming and honest and Biden does too. Biden also has that everyman appeal that I think would be attractive to moderates despite his political leanings being slightly left to those of Hillary. Also, Biden has a history of working well with the senate. If he can play on that, people would like that after all butting heads and gridlock people are so turned off by. After watching the press conference over the document Trump just signed, he is obviously to me a real contender and if/when Trump in nominated, the biggest mistake a democrat could make is underestimating him.

I just think Hillary comes off as too detached from the general public, untrustworthy, and too much a part of the political machine in a way that turns a lot of people off. Before Trump and the deepening of the email issue, I was saying Hillary willl definitely be the nominee, but I’m not so sure anymore.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Basically Trump is giving the RINOs a taste of their own machinations.[/quote]

That is a very interesting read. But, you failed to take one very important matter into account, that is Donald Trump’s ego. I don’t think Trump does anyone’s bidding especially Ted Cruz, who is not nearly as viable as many other candidates. I also think Trump has his eye on the top spot. Maybe not when he first entered the race but most assuredly now. He looked around and found himself in the lead and thought “hey I can actually win and become President”. Okay…just a guess…

However, if I am wrong and he is destroying the Bush candidacy…well good!
[/quote]

Trump is no “doing anyone’s bidding” but his own. He is playing kingmaker.

And I respectfully think you have drunk the RINO whiskey re: Cruz not being electable. He’s brilliant, smart, has the money, and the machine. The RINOs said the same “not electable” things about him during his Senate race, and he crushed them.

I am voting for the GOP nominee no matter who does what. I hope it’s Carson. I think it will probably be Bush. But it may be Trump.
Trump signing the pledge today reduced the chances of him running as an independent from 100% to 97% if he loses the primary.

[quote]OldOgre wrote:
I am voting for the GOP nominee no matter who does what. I hope it’s Carson. I think it will probably be Bush. But it may be Trump.
Trump signing the pledge today reduced the chances of him running as an independent from 100% to 97% if he loses the primary.
[/quote]

The headline for that pledge could easily read “If Trump wins nomination, all other candidates pledge their support.”

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Ya gotta admit…Trump/Carson would be quite the “Fuck You” to The Establishment.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/roger-stone-donald-trump-republican-pledge/2015/09/03/id/673493/[/quote]

I’d rather see Carson/Fiorina or Fiorina/Carson ticket personally.

And this is why I prefer Fiorina over Trump (one of many reasons anyway)
“Donald Trump just had an awkward foreign-policy interview where he admitted he didn’t know many of the answers”

'Carly Fiorina Answers Foreign Policy Questions That Trump Called "Gotchas"

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/roger-stone-donald-trump-republican-pledge/2015/09/03/id/673493/[/quote]

I’d rather see Carson/Fiorina or Fiorina/Carson ticket personally. [/quote]

Fiorina is McCain/Romney in a dress. She’s very liberal.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[/quote]
I don’t understand the rationale of not voting simply because one’s state is ‘bluer than blue.’ How do you signal your choice?

In a 60%/40% (considered a landslide), only 1 out of 10 votes switched is a draw. Look at last chart to see how close elections truly are.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

I’d rather see Carson/Fiorina or Fiorina/Carson ticket personally. [/quote]

Fiorina is McCain/Romney in a dress. She’s very liberal.[/quote]

Trump isn’t remotely close to a conservative himself.

Any ticket with Trump or Carson on it is a threat to losing ground in the 2nd amendment arena. Because something like Sandy Hook happens with either of them (or Romney) as POTUS and we have an assault rifle ban and mag limits federally, if not confiscation of “Scary black rifles”.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.