Hilarious Wiki Error

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
Will someone be sure to list “2007-2008: Firmly Planted Rigid Stick” under the “Spouses” section for lixy’s wiki page. [/quote]

Good for you Lixy, way to take a stand!

Having sex with kids? ok.

Terrorism? ok.

Not showing a recipt at Sams? ok.

Fucking with Richard Gere on wikipedia? oh hell no.

Allah is so proud of you.

Good Luck with the rest of the “Pretty Woman” Jihad.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
And instead of fixing it, you’re all here laughing about it? Ever heard of vandalism? Some jackass from Maryland (or using a US proxy) put that “gerbil” bit over there.

Just reverted it. I don’t care if you call me a party-pooper, but the integrity of the best thing that happened to the internet is not worth whatever pleasure you guys are deriving from Wiki-vandalism.

It’s not the best thing that has ever happened to the internet. It gives pseudo-intellectuals an easy place to grab useless, inaccurate info and hold it up as truth.

This is the very reason anyone spouting proof from wiki should be banned from debate. [/quote]

Four times out of five it is equal too or better than the Encyclopedia Britannica.

[quote]orion wrote:
Four times out of five it is equal too or better than the Encyclopedia Britannica.[/quote]

Sure, when reporting the mating habits of koala bears or other such mundane, benign factoids.

If the issue has even the slightest bit of controversy or politicization, then wiki is about as reliable as the crazy, homeless guy down the street.

It’s in debates about controversial issues (obviously, there aren’t many debates about non-controversial issues) where wiki is most often posted as gospel truth when it’s anything but.

It’s OK lixy, there were plenty of good idealists all throughout history… I mean Mao, Hitler, um… wait, no nevermind that. I guess idealists are actually the thorn in the side of all decent humans. Congrats (if that’s what you were after)!

orion wrote:
Four times out of five it is equal too or better than the Encyclopedia Britannica.

Sure, when reporting the mating habits of koala bears or other such mundane, benign factoids. [/quote]

Hmmm…I gather that you never use the wiki for hard science.

Pray tell, oh great Oz, what other source is better balanced, more “reliable”, comprehensive and transparent?

That calls for a wiki entry;

"Um, is Lixy there?

Lixy, It’s Rich.

Just wanted to call and thank you for having my back.

One Love."

[quote]lixy wrote:
Hmmm…I gather that you never use the wiki for hard science.[/quote]

I don’t use the wiki for much of anything beyond entertainment.

I did say that wiki was ‘okay’ for simple questions of fact, even though it is still not regarded as an acceptable source for any sort of academic paper.

Perhaps a source that doesn’t allow any Tom, Dick, and Harry off the street to edit its content?

[quote]That calls for a wiki entry;

Straw man - Wikipedia [/quote]

It’s sad that despite Thunder’s best efforts, you still don’t know what a strawman is.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Good for you Lixy, way to take a stand!

Having sex with kids? ok.

Terrorism? ok.

Not showing a recipt at Sams? ok.

Fucking with Richard Gere on wikipedia? oh hell no.

Allah is so proud of you.

Good Luck with the rest of the “Pretty Woman” Jihad.[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahhah

It’s sad that despite Thunder’s best efforts, you still don’t know what a strawman is.[/quote]

Ah, but what is FUNNY is that he actually created a strawman by implying that someone else had committed this type of error. Oh, the irony!

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
tGunslinger wrote:

It’s sad that despite Thunder’s best efforts, you still don’t know what a strawman is.

Ah, but what is FUNNY is that he actually created a strawman by implying that someone else had committed this type of error. Oh, the irony![/quote]

Well, lixy does enjoy irony.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
"Um, is Lixy there?

Lixy, It’s Rich.

Just wanted to call and thank you for having my back.

One Love."[/quote]

This made me laugh…really hard!!!