Hilarious Blog...

… written by a bouncer/lifter. Check it out: http://standingonthebox.blogspot.com/

Good call, I’ve been reading the Doorman’s blog for awhile. He has a book coming out which promises to be awesome.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Good call, I’ve been reading the Doorman’s blog for awhile. He has a book coming out which promises to be awesome.[/quote]

Yeah, I can’t wait. I “found” the blog after reading an article he did for EliteFTS about a visit to DeFranco’s gym. In light of the last 10-15 posts in TC’s latest article, I thought it was especially relevant!

Holy shit, that is fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

I’ve been reading it regularly for the last six months. Awesome blog.

The archives are definitely worth the read.

I think “Rob” even posted on T-Nation a while back.

Can’t wait for the book.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Good call, I’ve been reading the Doorman’s blog for awhile. He has a book coming out which promises to be awesome.

Yeah, I can’t wait. I “found” the blog after reading an article he did for EliteFTS about a visit to DeFranco’s gym. In light of the last 10-15 posts in TC’s latest article, I thought it was especially relevant!

[/quote]

Oh damn, that’s a good piece I don’t know how I missed it. I love he brought up the crack about Mr. DeFranco’s hammer curl form.

Hahaha, that shit was hilarious.

[/guidos]

[quote]loppar wrote:
I’ve been reading it regularly for the last six months. Awesome blog.

The archives are definitely worth the read.

I think “Rob” even posted on T-Nation a while back.

Can’t wait for the book.[/quote]

He used to post here…last year I think.

It’s very entertaining…especially because I share his enmity of guidos.

Hey Guys,

I’m the one who writes the blog, and yes, I used to post here all the time, but I did it under a name that gave away a bit too much personal information. This was before the blog “blew up,” and before anyone would be interested in finding out who the f–k I was.

I’ve got another DeFranco article up on the site now. The same one will be appearing in the EFS newsletter on Friday. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the support, train hard, f–k Guidos, whatever…

Good stuff.

That’s a good read. I spent 30 years of my life playing rock and roll in bars and clubs. From shitty roadhouses to fancy joints, the people are pretty much the same. I’ve seen just about everything. The only difference between the bouncer and myself is that I can use my guitar as a weapon when a fight breaks out. Unless somebody starts shooting, then there’s no guarantees.

[quote]The Bouncer wrote:
Hey Guys,

I’m the one who writes the blog, and yes, I used to post here all the time, but I did it under a name that gave away a bit too much personal information. This was before the blog “blew up,” and before anyone would be interested in finding out who the f–k I was.

I’ve got another DeFranco article up on the site now. The same one will be appearing in the EFS newsletter on Friday. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the support, train hard, f–k Guidos, whatever…[/quote]

Yeah I’ve been reading the blog for a little while too.
I particularly liked the one about the slang of the ‘ghetto minorities’… very funny. Keep up the good work. I’ll get up.

as if I needed another distraction at work. ive never been a blog reader, and always thought blogs=gay. but this is actually good shit. being from jersey I can completley identify. I was almost in tears laughing so hard at a few of the stories. word.

[quote]The Bouncer wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the support, train hard, f–k Guidos, whatever…[/quote]

Very entertaining reading my friend. You have a writing style that is both very humorous and engrossing.

Cheers,

D