T Nation

Hijinks In the Gym Today

so today I hit the gym after studying for hours, a reward for myself and i was pretty excited. I hop off the bus to the curb and land weird on my foot and hyper extend it upwards, youch that hurt, I better still be able to squat.

hit the gym and start warming up with the squats, shit the ankle hurts but not too much but I cant stop farting… no matter what I do. I even go into the bathroom just to let off a huge long ripper but the gas just never ends. Im a newb so im doing a 5x5 right now and 220 x 5 was pretty distracting to hit with a tweaky ankle and trumpets of farts coming out my rear (bracing w abs = mad farts). at least the smell kept everyone away from me.

Then I’m on to benchpress 5x5 (i do fullbody w progression) works goot 160x5 goes up well with good form and restpause, according to the bill starr 5x5 sheet i have, the calculations will have me repping 195 for 3 by the end of november.

Next is barbell rows, so i head back to the power rack only to find it occupied by 3 asian dudes doing curls… wow my first squat rack curler sighting! i thought my gym was free of those but i seem to be wrong

“how much longer are you going to be in the SQUAT rack?”

“we just started dude so we’ve got 10 sets each”

65lbs on the bar.     dear god.

i channel my anger and just decided to do them off the floor somewhere, i pump out working up to 160x5.

then my fav exercise, 2 sets of hypers. i like to do these weighted with a barbell on my back. Today i decided to go up in weight and use a short bar with 25lb plates on each side, man these are fun, with heavy weight they really work your glutes near the top and your hamstrings, and definitely your back.

the whole hyper bench was tipping when i exploded up so i had to weigh it down with plates. then i did some face pulls and called it a day

so does everyone like doing hypers? what kinda weight do they use on them? i want to eventually get to 8 reps of full sized plates. this post was a bit pointless but I’m still psyched about my gym session today i think it went great, minus the farts.

I hate stereotyping…but where I live asians are a minority…but are the majority group in shitty lifting. the second biggest group is freshmen. They pretend to bench like 65 pounds to impress their chubby girlfriends.

if you weigh roughly 100 pounds you have no bisness wearing a beater, or if your bodyfat is at a disgusting level you have no buisness wearing underarmor.

Stupid asshats.

it wasn’t really that i dont care what ethnicity or how big they are, its just… sooo… soo. faux pas to curl in the squat rack, and grunt and strain as your buddy helps bring the bar up, then slam it down on the pins every set, people wanna squat… you know?

Don’t hate.

Amen!

[quote]schultzie wrote:
it wasn’t really that i dont care what ethnicity or how big they are, its just… sooo… soo. faux pas to curl in the squat rack, and grunt and strain as your buddy helps bring the bar up, then slam it down on the pins every set, people wanna squat… you know?[/quote]

why do you need a squat rack to do rows???

[quote]schultzie wrote:

Next is barbell rows, so i head back to the power rack only to find it occupied by 3 asian dudes doing curls

“how much longer are you going to be in the SQUAT rack?”
[/quote]

How can you be mad at some chumps for curling in the SQUAT rack when you just wanted to do rows in the SQUAT rack? Believe it or not, some people actually do want to squat.

You coulda made your story a whole lot cooler if you just said you were going to go do squats.

“this post was a bit pointless”

Totally agree with this statement!

yeah i… just realized that… i started with squats though…

??