Hijack Haven

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:<<< Dahmer’s tower is high enough to have cleared the bar for entry into the eternal kingdom, whereas mine is not, despite the fact that I’ve never injected acid into the exposed brain of a living human being in an effort to create a sex zombie. It logically follows that Dahmer’s tower is higher than my own–a position that in my view deserves nothing less than outright contempt.[/quote] You miss the point. One bite from a piece of fruit in defiance of the command of the infinitely holy and righteous creator God constituted an attack upon His authority and hence His person. A mortal crime the result of which was the damnation of every man descended from Adam.
[/quote]

Oh no, I understand this. But there are two problems:

1. I don’t believe that this or anything like this ever happened.

2. If–and I consider this to be so crushingly improbable as to be very close to unworthy of consideration–but if it did happen–if I am born into sin by virtue of the fact that my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother took a bite from an apple–then, as I said, I have no use for a petulant child of a God and I will enjoy being as far from Him as possible.[/quote]Actually it was your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandFATHER. It was in Adam that all died (1 Corinthians 15:22). He was the head. That’s why the Christ could be born of a woman, but not a human father.

Nuthin to do with Petulance. His holiness and justice which He CANNOT violate. I of course earnestly hope and pray it doesn’t come to this, but if you do enter eternity without the covering of the blood of Christ, You WILL be far from Him indeed and it will NOT be enjoyable. What you have use for is entirely irrelevant until you become the creator and king of the universe. I learned this the hard way.
[/quote]

I stand corrected re: grandmother/father.

Anyway, if He is indeed as good as He’s made out to be, I trust that my inability to believe in what my human mind as it was created can only deem utter nonsense will be forgiven at one point or another. If, that is, this all ends up being for reals.

I understand you’ve been busy, but I look forward to the continuation of our conversation over in Gay Marriage. I was going to suggest, since that thread has picked up in light of the recent SCOTUS hearings, that you create a new thread when you’re ready to reply. No rush though.

You mind IS NOT now as it was created. That’s the point. If it were, your creator would be literally your very first foundational thought governing all others like He is for me now that my mind has been far more than restored in Christ, who is himself that God. Your mind is dead in sin. Your God is staring you in the face literally everywhere. Right now.

Your very consciousness SCREAMS at you that HE IS and that you are accountable to Him. You hate that. I understand. I once did myself. It is your suppression of that truth in your own unrighteous (Romans 1:18 and following) that accounts for the spiritual blindness that prevents you from seeing him.

Forgiveness comes with self conscious deliberate surrender only. That’s the gospel, which is from the Greek word evangelion, good news, and praise His glorious name is it ever. God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself so that all who believe on Him will not perish, but have everlasting life. I give Him my mountain of sin and He gives me His flawless righteousness. All for the asking. THAT IS love my friend. How could I deny Him anything? Anything at all?

There’s plenty of threads already. I’ll stick it somewhere. You’re right though, I just haven’t had time. I’ve also been working on a response to Kamui that I’ve owed him for months. I also owe Brother Joab and Matty and now Pat. And that’s just THIS website. There’s others not to mention numerous email and Facebook conversation. And THAT’S just online. I need to reel in my use of time. It’s not possible to do more things in a day than a day is long.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
Would gluttony be considered a sin? For Catholics is it a mortal sin? If so, why are so many followers fat? As well as overweight people who hold positions within in the church (priests, etc.) Do they choose to ignore it?[/quote]

So, no one has an answer or opinion? [/quote]

I think gluttony is often overlooked; however, I’d say it certainly is a sin. I don’t know about the Catholic portion of your question. Like SMH said, it’s all about forgiveness though. So ultimately it comes down to whether God forgives those that truly repent for their sins when they are judged, imo.

[quote]roadwarrior83 wrote:
If god was so smart he wouldnt have had to sacrafice his son, i mean he is the all knowing right? he should have known some shit like that would go down and figured out a better way around it if he was such a great problem solver. religion is for those who cant govern themselves and are afraid to just die and thats it. some very smart philosiphers figured out that if people did not fear something that shit would be nuts so they came up with some religions. also it was a way for primitive man to explain shit they couldnt explain ie clouds earthquakes tornados farts etc. religion is comfort food.[/quote]

I think you missed the point of the crucifixion.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

There’s plenty of threads already. I’ll stick it somewhere. You’re right though, I just haven’t had time. I’ve also been working on a response to Kamui that I’ve owed him for months. I also owe Brother Joab and Matty and now Pat. And that’s just THIS website. There’s others not to mention numerous email and Facebook conversation. And THAT’S just online. I need to reel in my use of time. It’s not possible to do more things in a day than a day is long.[/quote]

Understood. If you’d like to continue the conversation at some point, I’d be happy to. I don’t check every thread, though, so make sure I see it.

We will do that. It would not be fair for me to keep riding you for a response and then when you give one not to respond myself. In the meantime try this. OH HALLELUJAH!! This kinda stuff gives me hope for a remnant in the younger generation. This is rock solid man!!! Most churches don’t have it this good. These guys REALLY get it.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
We will do that. It would not be fair for me to keep riding you for a response and then when you give one not to respond myself. In the meantime try this. OH HALLELUJAH!! This kinda stuff gives me hope for a remnant in the younger generation. This is rock solid man!!! Most churches don’t have it this good. These guys REALLY get it.

[/quote]

And all God’s people said? AMEN!!!

I find it incredible that someone can be as fundamentalistic as Tiribulus. It is almost trollike. From the energy in his posts it seems better than amphetamine. Have you learned Hebrew to get closer to the “source”?

fundamentalistic
What does this mean to you? I’m genuinely curious.

In this case I meant taking something to the extreme. If you converted to islam with the same zeal I would check you for bombs before letting you near crowds.

I was going trough security in Cologne airport the other day and wished I could eat some bacon to just pass the security line.

Compared to who?

Compared to every functional member of society Ive met regardless of religion. I don’t know how you compare to members of Westboro Baptist Church, but you remind me of them.

It must be a great comfort in life, KNOWING where others can only believe.

In what way?

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

So what more was he saying? You are going to infer things he didn’t say and expect it to mean anything?[/quote]
People don’t have a problem “inferring” things that aren’t said in the 2nd so why not here?

However, lets look at it:

If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that, somebody else made that happen

even if he was talking about “da roads” and the teacher mentioned before that. Well the employer pays taxes, the business pays taxes, the employer pays wages to employees who pay taxes from those wages… Hmmm, lets see. They pay RE taxes, and the employees through wages earned at the employer pays taxes…

Starting to see the pattern here?

He is saying “the little guy deserves some glory”. Well, the “little guy’s” glory is called a paycheck. He is saying the “government” deserves some glory. Well the government just took other people’s money and gave it to another business to pave the roads and build the schools and pay the teachers. The government doesn’t deserve shit, they didn’t do a damn thing. The employer and employee did.

Of course you don’t get it, hence my “do it, then talk about it” comment.

again:

Well the employer pays taxes, the business pays taxes, the employer pays wages to employees who pay taxes from those wages… Hmmm, lets see. They pay RE taxes, and the employees through wages earned at the employer pays taxes… This goes on and on. Without the business, there is no job, without the job there is no employee, and without the employee there is no income to tax.

This speech and the commies that love it so like to pretend tax revenue just magically appears.

Some do, sure. Not nearly the same level of risk however.

Often times? More like 100% of the time employees and government get preference in bankruptcy.

Employees lose jobs. Owners lose everything.

Okay. This means the owner more likely than not went without more paychecks than you did.

You lost a portion of 6 months worth of pay… A fraction of your total earnings.

This is comparable to the losses the owner incurred when the company went under?

lol.

No one, not one single person who is rational thinks the world is a bubble. We are all well aware we live in a complex and growing society with vast moving parts. However, an attempt to gut the pride, divide the “working class” from the “owning class” through jealousy laden communist, collectivist rhetoric, is nothing more than bullshit on parade.

Successful business are rewarded with profit. Good employees are rewarded with high wages. Yes those individuals did the work to earn those things, and they contributed back into the system, simply by improving their own situation in most cases. Government and the assbags in it have no place to speak a single word about it. GodKing getting up and pretending to be FDR (who would have lynched him BTW, so not sure why he steals so much material from him) is bullshit. He hasn’t built a fucking thing in his life and doesn’t, to this day, know how to lead or be an executive.

Great Post Beans.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
I lost my first 401k when the company neglected to pay MY money into it for six months and I was offered .05 on the dollar during bankruptcy.

You lost a portion of 6 months worth of pay… A fraction of your total earnings.

This is comparable to the losses the owner incurred when the company went under?
[/quote]

I love the fact that you glossed over that they STOLE from me, but it was no big deal because they lost more. This was not money they contributed. It was outright theft, no different than going into your bank account and stealing. I was making $8.00 an hour as the sole provider in my household and putting my wife through college but I guess it is not that big a deal to have your employer steal from you on top of it.

I am curious how you have determined you can empathize so much better than I, yet you don’t own a business either? Have you ever had an employer steal from you.

The roundbed drummond Lathe that my father is restoring is the machine tool of a ponce, and as never before I have questioned his virility. This gives me pause, as his virility is the rock upon which my own is built. I am deeply troubled that a foot-operated lathe should have entered this household, and I wish to cast it out.

Fuck all you fuckers whining about Obamacare. Nationalised healthcare is simply a delivery model that reaches people who would be unable to pay in a shittier one. I repeat: fuck you all. If you can’t deal with competition from the STATE, you need to get your fucking house in order. Fuck you once more.

[quote]Der_Steppenwolfe wrote:
Fuck all you fuckers whining about Obamacare. Nationalised healthcare is simply a delivery model that reaches people who would be unable to pay in a shittier one. I repeat: fuck you all. If you can’t deal with competition from the STATE, you need to get your fucking house in order. Fuck you once more.[/quote]

How much do you pay in taxes to the Queen?