Hijack Haven

HAHA!! Read books he says LOL!!!

You have reading comprehension issues, and a cheesy dick. Go away.

[quote]Der_Steppenwolfe wrote:
You have reading comprehension issues, and a cheesy dick. Go away.[/quote]
Now you see here Spanky. I’ve been around these parts almost as long as you’ve been alive with people hating me far more qualified than you for the task. It will require a long sight more than intellectually emaciated infantile remarks to chase me away.

Oh yeah. Stay outta my room when I’m sleepin.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

HAHA!! Read books he says LOL!!![/quote]

Welcome back Tiribulus. Have not seen you in a while.

[quote]Now you see here Spanky. I’ve been around these parts almost as long as you’ve been alive with people hating me far more qualified than you for the task. It will require a long sight more than intellectually emaciated infantile remarks to chase me away.

Oh yeah. Stay outta my room when I’m sleepin. [/quote]
You still have reading comprehension issues and a cheesy dick.
I mention this not as an insult, merely a statement of fact.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Welcome back Tiribulus. Have not seen you in a while.
[/quote]
I have been very occupied elsewhere, but thanks. I probably won’t be able to spend nearly the time here I once did.

<<< a statement of fact.[/quote]
If true, savor the moment. I have a feeling it will be one of the very few you will manage.

Funny, last time I checked providing free-at-the-point-of-delivery healthcare for people didn’t amount to slavery.
You’re an idiot and should read some books.
The irony is that I hate the state more than you do. The difference is that you hate the parts of it that care for your personal welfare, whereas I hate the parts of it that impinge upon my civil liberties and the profitability of my business.[/quote]
Funny, last time I checked, I didn’t even say it did

When I start my post with “funny” - I’m not even playing games - it’s hilarious to me in a very sick way. I not only saw your loln sumshit response from a mile away - i specifically set up a huge flashing sign saying this was the wall I wanted you to NOT crash into

You’re an idiot and should read Some posts

The irony is that I don’t hate “the state” by some default position at all. It serves a role. The difference is youre an idiot and should read some posts

Slavery is almost always justified by some form of unpayed debt. So by the sum of your posts here you were seeming to indicate a mindset of an unpayable debt. Which makes you sound like a slave

My question was completely serious by the way - is there a price which the govt could ask of you which could be to high?

To ignore the rest of your post and concentrate on your last question
Obviously, yes.
Raise my taxes to 40% without demanding that those who earn more than me pay an equivalent subscription or take away my free-at-the-point-of-delivery healthcare, and I and millions of others will riot in the streets. We will loot and kill and commit rapine sodomy.
This is an emotive issue right now.
We are labouring under an obtuse, overbearing government staffed by chinless wonders in this country, and this is a very emotive issue. Their only opposition is an unelectable gimp who bashes unions as a hobby. So forgive me if I get a bit out of hand.

Very interesting. Not obvious

To get technical - you didn’t answer

How about raise your taxes to 70% while taxing richer than you at 90%? That’s cool? I’m hoping it’s a no, but the question isn’t even right unless I sweeten the deal… How about from those tax funds you get 85% in various benefits like food, gym membership, internet…rent, etc. So that dollar for dollar you come out ahead. Sound good?

On the healthcare part - that’s not asking a thing from you at all

You seem to view it all relationally. Are you cool with giving as long as you get more than you give? …Is there a limit to that?

[quote]squating_bear wrote:
To get technical - you didn’t answer
[/quote]
I guess you did actually. I made the question wrong, my bad. I was reaching a bit too much with the subtleties

My fault, not yours. Should be good now tho I think

[quote]How about raise your taxes to 70% while taxing richer than you at 90%? That’s cool? I’m hoping it’s a no, but the question isn’t even right unless I sweeten the deal… How about from those tax funds you get 85% in various benefits like food, gym membership, internet…rent, etc. So that dollar for dollar you come out ahead. Sound good?

On the healthcare part - that’s not asking a thing from you at all

You seem to view it all relationally. Are you cool with giving as long as you get more than you give? …Is there a limit to that?[/quote]
I don’t expect to get more than I give- but we do have a system that collects a small subscription from everybody involved in order to care for people in relatively rare emergencies, and it seems to work out OK.
I wouldn’t be particularly cool with an 85% tax and loads of benefits in kind, because then the government gets to decide exactly how I spend my money. The poor already have enough humiliations heaped upon them without removing what little choices they have.
I’m not averse to private companies. I just think a wealth distribution of 99 to 1 is just as unhealthy as a flat rate system with one absolute leader. I also think that certain commodities do form natural monopolies, and if there is a monopoly at all, it should be subjected to the standards of the constitution of the country in question.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

I love the fact that you glossed over that they STOLE from me, but it was no big deal because they lost more. This was not money they contributed. It was outright theft, no different than going into your bank account and stealing. I was making $8.00 an hour as the sole provider in my household and putting my wife through college but I guess it is not that big a deal to have your employer steal from you on top of it.[/quote]

I didn’t gloss over anything. I pointed out that you lost a portion of your pay to theft, which is more along the lines of fraud and technically misappropriation of funds. So yes you lost.

However, you didn’t have nearly the same amount of skin in the game as the person who misappropriated those funds. That person or persons likely lost more money than you, a higher percentage of their earnings and savings, and also faced criminal charges if what you say is true, and they purposely used your 401k withholdings to fund business activities.

I’ve done 401k audits, this is a massive no-no.

So again, in the context of the conversation, which is “the little guys deserve credit too”, no you still didn’t hurt to the same degree as the owners hurt, so therefore you don’t deserve as much praise or as much “empathy” (if the owners deserved any) for the failure.

Well lets see, I’m damn close to a decade helping people run businesses, talking to owners and learning the finer points of management from the top.

We can also add the 7 years I was acting controller/CFO of a 25+ million dollar construction company as well. But I guess daily conversations with the president and owner, Christmas too, consulting, acting as an agent, HR responsibilities and from soup to nuts accounting work doesn’t count.

I mean, have you ever laid awake at night at 3am wondering how you were going to pay the 70 employees you had, and then once you got them paid, pay the payroll taxes, the vendors you owe, put fuel in the trucks? Or did you just worry about your paycheck?

[quote]Have you ever had an employer steal from you.

[/quote]

Yeah, and I left.

I still don’t deserve as much credit as the owners, or any credit either.

I don’t deserve credit because I demand a salary I’m worth. The owners built the firm I work for, and they pay me to work here.

I know I haven’t been around here consistently in a good while, but I need the help of my God hating atheist/agnostic buddies over here. Some of the most capable and formidable unbelievers I have ever encountered were on this site. I speak fondly and often of the many worthy opponents I’ve known here. Some I would consider friends. At least casually.

I want to bring some of my Christian friends here on a field trip of sorts and I want you to mercilessly beat them to a bloody intellectual pulp as I know you very much love to do. I WANT you to do that. No holds barred. I have my reasons, though there is no hidden agenda toward you guys at all.

I don’t know who’s still around here, but if I can get some worthy takers, I’ll start a thread and post the invite on my Facebook page.

Apparently this is not the same place it once was. I’m disappointed.

I’d relish the opportunity to have a spirited discussion with these folks.

Hey Trib how you been?

Hey ZEB. What’s this Zeb1? You must have had to start another account for some reason.

Just tryin my best to serve the Lord. Lots goin on on that front. How bout you?

And what’s goin on a round here? I offer to feed this forum some unsuspecting fresh fundy flesh and the only taker I get is a fella I don’t know?

Nothing against you Bismarck and I appreciate your gameness. There were some guys in particular I was thinking of though. smh23, Pookie, Groo, Kamui and a few others. Elder Forlife has been gone forever and dear Dr. Skeptix is no longer with us, which is too bad because there was a scary dude right there. He’d be my first pick. MattyG. Dr_Matt581.

I need scientists. Do we have any scientists here now?

Hey Tribe, glad you popped back up. I’ve been thinking about you for a couple of years.
There is a glazing company out of Detroit that has been keeping our shop busy as hell. Could seriously credit them alone with about 13 months worth of work out of the past two years.

So how are those churches looking out your way? I’m betting that at least a couple are fantastic.

Since this is hijach haven and all… (And no, sorry, i’m not a scientist.)

Hi Tiribulus long time no see, hope you are well.
I am also game for a spiritual debate Tiribulus. Just make your thread and see how many takers you get.

Btw: I am no scientist either, but I am an atheist who wrote my master thesis about political processes regarding the state church in Norway if that helps.

I guess I’m probably to late, but if you consider me one of your “God hating atheist/agnostic buddies”, then I’m willing to try.

:slight_smile:

Yeah there hasn’t been as much religious threads around here. I’m finding it interesting how people’s/styles come and go. Certain posters leave and then a whole type of discussion dies down - religion hasn’t been big here for a while