HIIT

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1115163216400.DCP_3058_(Large).JPG

Went to the beach at the lake today and tried a new (for me) HIIT method - wearing my 50 lbs. weight vest, I sprinted while pulling a 25 lbs. plate behind me in the sand. It kicked my ass! I tried pulling two 25 lbs. plates at the same time but couldn’t handle it.

Good workout all in all.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1115163874046.DCP_3060_(Large).JPG

The point of this thread, I guess I forgot to mention, was to ask what other HIIT routines are being used by T-brothers & sisters/

[quote]throttle132 wrote:
The point of this thread, I guess I forgot to mention, was to ask what other HIIT routines are being used by T-brothers & sisters/[/quote]

Hill repeats and/or 1 minute hard runs with 1 to 1:30 recovery.
I also like the occasional short-but-hard tempo run, but that’s not HIIT.

I go to my local school and run around the track. 3/4 at an easy pace, 1/4 flat out.

When I started I could barely do 5x2, now I’m doing 8x3 and getting a bit bored. My cardio was terrible when I started so it’s good to see it improving so fast.

A few times i thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest!

I’m quite enjoying the change of pace, for about a year all i did was lift weights. Variety is good.

[quote]throttle132 wrote:
The point of this thread, I guess I forgot to mention, was to ask what other HIIT routines are being used by T-brothers & sisters/[/quote]

throttle132, I personally tried the following in the past 2 years:

1. 5 x 4mins on, 1mins off on cardio machines (mainly x-trainer)

2. Improved from the above, 10-12reps of core exercises (crunches etc.) after each set

3. 8 x 1min on (full effort), 1min off on cardio machines

4. 5-6 x 2mins hard inclined running, 3mins of flat easy walk active rest

5. Mike Mahler’s HOC: 6-8 x 2mins wave bag + 10reps of DB clean&jerks or DB snatches, 1min rest between rounds

And now I am doing:

1. 8 x 3mins wave bag, 40secs rest between rounds

So you see, my cardio/HITT are mainly done indoor but hope that will get you some idea.

Geek boy