T Nation

HIIT Training?

Hello there new reader and poster. I've been going to the gym for about 2 months now. I'm 18 and about 5'10 and weight close to 180, give or take. My question to you experts is; i've still got a bit of fat i'd like to lose, but doing all my cardio i've noticed my strength drop. I looked up HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and wanted some opinions on it or a good way to go about it. Thanks in advance guys.

I would just do your normal workout and do intervals for cardio. What I do to strip fat is go to the local soccer fields and I will sprint the length of the soccer field and then walk back at a slow pace. I do it for 10 reps (back and forth as 1 rep) and the fat just melts off me. I just do that 2 days a week along with training and a cleaner diet. Diet is definately the key though, training methods dont make as much of a difference imo.

Agreed. Your diet is definitely going to determine whether or not you lose that last bit of fat, but if you've been doing the same cardio routine, or the same in the sense that it's been steady-state cardio, for a while, a little shock treatment in that area certainly wouldn't hurt.

Get big or die tryin'.

Charlie Cates, CPT
Self Made

Alright, thanks guys. Yeah, i've been doing some steady cardio about 30-45 minutes when I actually do it, and my weight routine usually opens with a quick 10 minute jog just to get warmed up. My diet could use a bit more tweaking. Thanks for the help.