HIIT...Sets and Time Interval?

Reading it online sounds simple enough…sprint 30 seconds, jog 30 seconds, sprint 30 seconds, jog…so on, etc. But when I actually get to the track, it’s a lot more complicated, I don’t have a timer so that completely throws me off, what do some of you do for HIIT?

I’m thinking about just doing around 15 sets of 100 m dashes with about 15-30 seconds rest in between? How does that sound?

[quote]TheRevolver wrote:
Reading it online sounds simple enough…sprint 30 seconds, jog 30 seconds, sprint 30 seconds, jog…so on, etc. But when I actually get to the track, its a lot more complicated, I don’t have a timer so that completely throws me off, what do some of you do for HIIT?

I’m thinking about just doing around 15 sets of 100 m dashes with about 15-30 seconds rest in between? How does that sound?[/quote]

U could always by a stop watch they arent too expensive lol but yeah u could do something like that if ya want

Would that be enough for high intensity cardio 3 times a week? Cause it would be like a 10-12 min session.

Would that be enough for high intensity cardio 3 times a week? Cause it would be like a 10-12 min session.[/quote]

What are your goals? how long have you been training?

You better be real fit if you think you’re going to perform 100-yard sprints with only 15-30 seconds rest in between sets.

I’m not saying it can’t be done, I’m just saying that you won’t be running at near top speed with such little rest.

You might want to run 100 yards and walk or jog back to the starting line and start over.

And yes, this would be a sufficient HIIT workout. Be sure to warm-up for 3-5 minutes beforehand and also do a 3-minute cooldown when you’re done. Total time will be about 20 minutes.

[quote]N. Robinson wrote:
TheRevolver wrote:
Would that be enough for high intensity cardio 3 times a week? Cause it would be like a 10-12 min session.

[/quote]

Well, I’m currently in an 8-week bulking program, and I wanted to add cardio 3 times a week. I’m 180 right now (6’1-6’2), goal is to push to over 200 lbs.

yeah i agree with nate dogg, seems good to me. good luck!

N. Robinson wrote:
TheRevolver wrote:

Well, I’m currently in an 8-week bulking program, and I wanted to add cardio 3 times a week. I’m 180 right now (6’1-6’2), goal is to push to over 200 lbs. [/quote]

Bulking is much easier without the cardio

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
TheRevolver wrote:
N. Robinson wrote:
TheRevolver wrote:

Well, I’m currently in an 8-week bulking program, and I wanted to add cardio 3 times a week. I’m 180 right now (6’1-6’2), goal is to push to over 200 lbs.

Bulking is much easier without the cardio[/quote]

I agree with this. Save your self for your bulk. Hit the weights hard and go for long walks for cardio.

Running like this will cost you in the gym. I know because I have done it.

Of course if you are playing a sport the running may be good for you.