HIIT Nutrition/Supplementation?

Hey guys,

long time lurker, first time poster.

I am on Berardi’s S2B plan (bought the book and online package) and have gained about 20 pounds over the past 6 months. I have retained a great deal of definition (still have a pretty crazy 6 pack) but i have noticed by abs are not quite as cut as they were a few months back.

I am going to be doing the interval running program designed by Thib ( http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=251run2 ) and was just wondering how you guys supplement pre and post HIIT. I am doing this cardio on non-lifting days, usually 1.5 hours after breakfast.

I was thinking a 1/2 serving Surge pre and post, or just going an hour or 2 after a P&C breakfast and protein and slow digesting carbs post HIIT (oats and protein).

I am hoping to gain some sort of consensus on what you guys/gals have found to work for you.

I don’t think it makes as much difference for HIIT as you do, but if it were me I wouldn’t eat anything for an hour and a half before doing HIIT and doubt anything special would make that much difference after. Probably typical post workout fare. This is all assuming non fat adapted/carb based diet. I’m not much a of a HIIT guy so take it for what it’s worth.

I think if your ultimate goal is to put on weight, you might at least want something post workout. If you’re trying to lose weight, I’d just have a meal 1-2 hours after.