T Nation

HIIT and WS4SB?

I have just started WS4SB and I love it but I’m thinking about adding in an HIIT day to help burn some fat. My routine looks like this right now:

Mon: ME Upper
Tue: DE Lower
Wed: Off
Thu: RE Upper
Fri: ME Lower
Sat: Crossfit (usually a longer chipper style WOD)
Sun: Off

I haven’t had any issues with recovery and I am getting plenty of food and rest. If I were to add in an HIIT day where would you place it? I was thinking about doing it on Saturday a few hours after the CF wod in the morning.

If I do this, what sort of HIIT would you guys recommend? I was thinking of doing some sort of tabata sprints. Let me know what you guys think.

Id maybe drop the dynamic lower and do HIIT that day. I think anything more would fuck with your strength on ME lower day. Or saturday at night would maybe work, if you did it more than 6-8 hours after your crossfit workout.

Ok thanks for the info…I’ll try it after the CF workout and see how it works.

Another question I have is If were to try the anabolic diet I would want to move my High intensity days to early in the week. Could I do:
Mon - ME upper
Tue - ME lower?

That sounds about right, that’s usually what Joe DeFranco recommends and I agree, one more day of hard work instead of rest or just active recovery might end up being counter-productive.

[quote]Defekt wrote:
Id maybe drop the dynamic lower and do HIIT that day. I think anything more would fuck with your strength on ME lower day. Or saturday at night would maybe work, if you did it more than 6-8 hours after your crossfit workout. [/quote]