HIIT and Football

Im planning on performing some High Intesity Interval training, to improve my cardiovascular fitness and overall conditioning. My question is, do you T-Nation’ers think this method is an effective way to reach my goals? Does it have any carryover to my main sport (football). I see how it could. Lots of Sprint:Jog, Sprint:Jog.

Also whats the difference between HIIT and HIT? Defranco mentioned that HIT was useless. but I can see some use for HIIT.

[quote]norcal_BALLER wrote:
Im planning on performing some High Intesity Interval training, to improve my cardiovascular fitness and overall conditioning. My question is, do you T-Nation’ers think this method is an effective way to reach my goals? Does it have any carryover to my main sport (football). I see how it could. Lots of Sprint:Jog, Sprint:Jog.

Also whats the difference between HIIT and HIT? Defranco mentioned that HIT was useless. but I can see some use for HIIT.[/quote]

HIT is a weight training system where you put all of your intesnity into single sets.

HIIT is interval training.

Totally different concepts.

HIIT is awesome. Go ahead.

Yes sprints/hiit is football short sessions of 100% all the hell out activity then rest repeat perfect carryover

Phill

Football is essentially HIIT in a way. You go hard for 10 seconds, then rest for 30-45 seconds between plays. But additional HIIT should only make you better. Go for it, and good luck on your upcoming season.

I did interval tarining twice a day and lifted for 3 weeks before camp last year and didnt get camp legs and I was in the best shape of my life. HIIT is perfect for football with great carryover.

[quote]GreenTerror79 wrote:
I did interval tarining twice a day and lifted for 3 weeks before camp last year and didnt get camp legs and I was in the best shape of my life. HIIT is perfect for football with great carryover.[/quote]

twice a day? jeeze.

I’m just getting back into things today. basicly my speed and conditioning days are hiit related, but im only going 3 days a week this month (still focusing on strength).

implementing a sled might help your overall gains…

good luck