Highest Vertical Jump In The World?

High jumpers.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
High jumpers.[/quote]

Typical high jumpers ‘standing verticals’ aren’t that great from what I have read. They generate ALL of the power from the run up. Sure it’s f0cking insane high jumping over 210cm (very medicore at best for a national level jumper! Saw kids at the club jump 210-215), let alone the big guns with 225-235+!

Volleyball players have very high standing verts.

Bro can touch a rim and he’s 5’5 with avg length arms

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
Alffi wrote:
High jumpers.

Typical high jumpers ‘standing verticals’ aren’t that great from what I have read. They generate ALL of the power from the run up. Sure it’s f0cking insane high jumping over 210cm (very medicore at best for a national level jumper! Saw kids at the club jump 210-215), let alone the big guns with 225-235+!

Koing[/quote]
Thanks for the info.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Koing wrote:
Alffi wrote:
High jumpers.

Koing
Thanks for the info.
[/quote]

It’s weird but it’s very deceptive the amount of power they make with a run up of theirs. But also Stefan Holms is a freak show…

You won’t find many guys do that! Jump near to over headhight for 4 hurdles! LOL

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
It’s weird but it’s very deceptive the amount of power they make with a run up of theirs. But also Stefan Holms is a freak show…

You won’t find many guys do that! Jump near to over headhight for 4 hurdles! LOL

Koing[/quote]

I’m a big fan of Holm, but I had not seen that vid before. That’s incredible. Thanks for the link!

[quote]bpeck wrote:
Michael Wilson might have been around the 50 inch mark. It was probably off a run though.

Here is a youtube of him doing the 12 foot dunk. I think he is 6’5".

bpeck[/quote]

i remember him in college, it was at most of a 2 step.

[quote]donpalmero wrote:
Koing wrote:

Koing

I’m a big fan of Holm, but I had not seen that vid before. That’s incredible. Thanks for the link!
[/quote]

The guy is 5’11, jumping 7 feet 10 inches wtf? why do white people get all the fast twitch fibers.

[quote]Bloobird wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Bloobird wrote:
ajcook99 wrote:
Kadour Ziani has got to be up there:

5’10" 56 inch vert

The highest jump in that video was MAYBE 50 inches, no way do I believe 56".

Exactly. Not pointing fingers at anyone specifically, but I get tired of hearing " So-and-so has a 40-something inch vert!!!" There are few people who can get 40" off the ground, either running or from a standstill and there are obviously even fewer getting in the 50’s. If SquatDr CAN actually get a 50" from a standstill he might be the only guy in the world to do it, and that’s said with all seriousness.

Yeah, I’m still not totally sold on SquatDr’s vert, but if/when he puts of a video of him doing it, then damn! I really want his vert to be real unlike the fakers you see all over the place.
[/quote]

There is a video out there showing him on some dunk ‘team’ where he jumps and gets his head higher than rim level. I’ve seen it some time ago. In my opinion, this is legit, which makes it SCARY!

Nick

im kinda suprised no one brought up T-dub.

This kid gets as high - if not higher - than anyone I’ve ever seen

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

In the pictures SquatDr’s getting nearly as high, and he’s 4" shorter.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Call me crazy, but the rim looked short in a few of those dunks. Could just be him making it look that way though. I mean, there is no doubt he’s got freaky hops.

[quote]donpalmero wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

Call me crazy, but the rim looked short in a few of those dunks. Could just be him making it look that way though. I mean, there is no doubt he’s got freaky hops.[/quote]

no your not crazy there’s many reasons to doubt the numbers given out.

66 Inch Jump by Adrian Wilson

this is nuts too.

[quote]TRU76 wrote:
66 Inch Jump by Adrian Wilson

That’s not a 66 inch “vertical” jump. Tucking you knees to your chest doesn’t really prove much. Ya 66" jumping over anything is pretty high but mind you his vertical may be only like say 40" tops?

Not a vertical jump, but an incredible display of athleticism anyway.

From “The Protector”: Tony Jaa hates lamps - YouTube

top of the net is 8’

Stefan Holm has a 60cm 24 inch Vertical jump, so it isn’t that great :slight_smile:

can’t be weak and have a great vertical jump

[quote]donpalmero wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

Call me crazy, but the rim looked short in a few of those dunks. Could just be him making it look that way though. I mean, there is no doubt he’s got freaky hops.[/quote]

I think the TFB crew dunks on lower rims often to create the illusion of ridiculous hops, although the dunks they pull on any goal are impressive.

If someone tells me how I’ll post a vid of me jumping on the roof of a Ford Focus and a Ford Explorer.

EDIT: Look at that vid of Michael Wilson on the 12 foot dunk. Look where his head is in relation to the 10’ mark. Remember watching he and Darvin Ham compete in the college dunk contest years ago, pretty sure it was '96. They claimed that Wilson could get a 55" off the run. Always believed they were exaggerating, but after watching that vid I think he’s close.