T Nation

Highest Dose of Var You'd Run?

a mate of mine had a bit of a clearance sale, and so I’ve managed to pick up a ton of var pretty cheap.

What’s the highest dose you would run? If there’s a point of diminishing returns in terms of gains then I don’t want to stress my liver more than needs be.

I seem to remember Bushido Bad Boy saying something about running it at 120mg a day for as long as you can afford, any opinions on that?

cheers

I went up to 120mg/day, the gains were beyond fantastic, I was running it with Test E and Suspension pre-game (this was during peak Rugby/Hockey season).

It was just a bit too much though, the calf/lower back/forearm pumps were just plain painful. I would also get headaches quite commonly, in addition to feeling like I was going to pass out after a heavy set.

Arm workouts resulted in a 2+ inch circumference gain.

It was nuts.

I think try 60-80mg/d spaced out first, and go up from there if you dare. 60-80mg will result in impressive gains if stacked with Test.

Theres no point in taking more peri-workout because the pumps will be nuts at 80+mg a day no matter when you dose.

Cheers

-PTD

how Dave? How can you tell me the gains were beyond fantastic at 120mg/daily and not expect me to do just that?

I ran it before at 75mg/daily and didn’t notice too much in the way of uncomfortable pumps, so I reckon I can add another cheeky 50mg. If it gets too much I can scale it down 25mg at a time (I have 50mg tabs).

so current cycle is

500mg/week test prop
350mg/week NPP
125mg/day var

yeeha!

oh yeah and I’m splitting the dose 75mg pre workout (I train late morning/early afternoon) and another 50mg in the evening

^ smexy cycle. Post a log.

I mean its just Var, if you get sides they will be gone overnight.

Also I had RBC accumulation problems at the same time, this was at the end tail end of a 12 weeker, so I can’t blame the Var exclusively, but just thought I’d mention it. Donate blood and profit. I even got a nice compliment on the ‘bright hue’ of my blood. :smiley:

-PTD

I’m just starting my 3rd week (of 9), and have only just added the var yesterday so while I’m too lazy to log I’ll report back how I get on with the mega-dosed var.

Aye I heard that NPP could be quite bad for RBC issues and was contemplating on donating blood at the end of the cycle, now I think I definitely will.

Is once at the end of the cycle enough or should I go more often than that? It’s not something I know anything about

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
how Dave? How can you tell me the gains were beyond fantastic at 120mg/daily and not expect me to do just that?

![/quote]

Second that!!

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

![/quote]

Second that!![/quote]

It hurts!!

You’ll see what I mean.

For me, that run, along with 150mg/d Anadrol was the definition of the gains vs. sides tradeoff. Atleast the Anadrol was cheap!

-PTD

For a 2" gain in arm size I don’t care if my god damn dick falls off!

well, maybe that’s going a bit far… Pain shmain though I’ll be too busy flexing to notice

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

well, maybe that’s going a bit far… Pain shmain though I’ll be too busy flexing to notice

[/quote]

That 2 inches was from the retarded arm pumps, the LBM gains were much more modest.

i know I know, but I train before I go to class and my course is chock full of hot girls so an extra couple of inches on the guns in the afternoons certainly won’t do any harm :slight_smile:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[/quote]

Gain 2" in your arms and lose 2" between your legs. Seems like you got a pretty fair trade-off there sir.

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

![/quote]

Second that!![/quote]

It hurts!!

You’ll see what I mean.

For me, that run, along with 150mg/d Anadrol was the definition of the gains vs. sides tradeoff. Atleast the Anadrol was cheap!

-PTD
[/quote]

I get a pretty decent pump from 50mg dbol Pre workout almost painful at times I can’t imagine what a 2" increase feels like!

[quote]iammikewatts wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[/quote]

Gain 2" in your arms and lose 2" between your legs. Seems like you got a pretty fair trade-off there sir.[/quote]

ha! Oh very good mother fucker

just a wee update on this: holy shit 125mg of var pre-workout gives you one hell of a pump! It’s fucking brilliant. Leave the gym looking like a professional bodybuilder

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
just a wee update on this: holy shit 125mg of var pre-workout gives you one hell of a pump! It’s fucking brilliant. Leave the gym looking like a professional bodybuilder[/quote]

I’ve been noticing this too on only 50mg. I thought the Anavar I got might be fake because it wasn’t the brand I ordered and it came in some ridiculous bullshit bottles with a different amount of pills (yes pills) in each one. Found out pretty quickly it was legit. Crazy leg pumps. Waiting another week before I start dosing it at 100mg.

The pumps are a mixed bag. On the one hand, having every muscle hard as a rock is cool, but I had my first ever back pump today after front squatting and that wasn’t very pleasant at all.

^^ lol… it gets worse too. You’ll see.

I played Rugby on 80mg, was terrible, I swear to god my calves were going to explode every scrum.

Space it out, you’ll still get mad back pumps, and the gains will still be there!

-PTD

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
The pumps are a mixed bag. On the one hand, having every muscle hard as a rock is cool, but I had my first ever back pump today after front squatting and that wasn’t very pleasant at all.[/quote]

Back pumps from dbol are much worse. Crippling even. I had many leg/lower back days that were ended short due to excessive and unbearable back pumps.

[quote]Toby Queef wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
The pumps are a mixed bag. On the one hand, having every muscle hard as a rock is cool, but I had my first ever back pump today after front squatting and that wasn’t very pleasant at all.[/quote]

Back pumps from dbol are much worse. Crippling even. I had many leg/lower back days that were ended short due to excessive and unbearable back pumps.[/quote]

Never tried var, but I’ve cut a few workouts short because of dbol