T Nation

Highest Amount of Protein Per Serving?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
I guess someone should go tell DC’s guys that they are all wasting their time.[/quote]

ya , that 4 or 500 grams of protein per day seems to just do nothing except build all that fucking muscle. goddamn pointless

[quote]rsg wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
testanabol wrote:
please bare in mind that you can only utilise around 40g of protein per serving, 80g would be pointless and what you dont use will be wasted by the body or stored as fat.

wow, that sounds like you’ve heard some bad information from somewhere.

what happens to the unused protein that isn’t utilizied? do we just poop the chicken out?

Can’t you read? It’s stored as fat.

Some guy once told me it was 40g a day…I thought wow, just wow.[/quote]

Bodybuillding history fact of the day:

Mike Mentzer supposedly never went above 200g of protein per day. (This is during his competitive years before he went full blown crazy in his recommendations).

[quote]All2ez wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
I guess someone should go tell DC’s guys that they are all wasting their time.

ya , that 4 or 500 grams of protein per day seems to just do nothing except build all that fucking muscle. goddamn pointless[/quote]

And, ewww gross, muscle is just nasty.

[quote]rsg wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
testanabol wrote:
please bare in mind that you can only utilise around 40g of protein per serving, 80g would be pointless and what you dont use will be wasted by the body or stored as fat.

wow, that sounds like you’ve heard some bad information from somewhere.

what happens to the unused protein that isn’t utilizied? do we just poop the chicken out?

Can’t you read? It’s stored as fat.

Some guy once told me it was 40g a day…I thought wow, just wow.[/quote]

my mistake, of course, so simple, lol. I remember hearing an RD once say it was 20g, you’d think if they were going to BS this stuff, they’d all be on the same page

The amino acids from protein that aren’t used in building body tissues is either converted to glucose via gluconeogenisis, converted to fat to be stored, or have their CC bonds broken for immediate energy.

Yeah, I have heard some varying claims about how much protein can be utilized in one feeding. In truth, I do think there is a limit, but I believe protein utilization is incredible variable depending on the situation and we don’t know what the limit is for most situations.

well apologies for you all getting your little knickers in a twist, from my experience of ‘my body’ i know that more than 40g of protein every 2hours for me is unbeneficial, when on a steroid cycle i can make use of around 50g within the same time frame, and more freqently when using a thyroid hormone such as t3.

Again, i should have stated ‘my body’ and ‘my experience’ though through training and eating with several top level powerlifters and bodybuilder, there opinions were around that of mine. Of course everyone is different, The real big dogs like ruhl only consume 4 meals a day at times and still get massive quantitys of protein in, so each to there own i guess.

[quote]Haymaker33 wrote:
Ok this may be a stupid question, but I would like an answer.

Like Metabolic Drive for instance. Why can’t they make it have say… 80 grams of Protein with less calories per serving? Is this impossible to do or just not economical for the company?

What substance, be it a a protein powder or natural food, has the highest amount of protein while minimizing the amount of calories and carbs??
[/quote]

Orange Roughy. Very high protein content vs. calories.

[quote]All2ez wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
I guess someone should go tell DC’s guys that they are all wasting their time.

ya , that 4 or 500 grams of protein per day seems to just do nothing except build all that fucking muscle. goddamn pointless[/quote]

lmao

what matters is your size, experience and metabolism… the reason people recommend eating high protein meals every 2-3 hours is because you want to keep a high amino-acid blood content with aminos consistently aiding muscle growth… and just glancing thru the post, WTF 20g a day lol

[quote]Scott M wrote:
True the RDA has always been the best bet for bodybulders

And here’s another thing about that 40 g(or 30, or 43, it keeps changing) per meal thing.

What’s the limit for how often you can eat for the body to utilize it in some fashion? Can I eat every hour, every two hours or every four hours?[/quote]

You can eat every 83 minutes and 23 seconds.

Any sooner and your body won’t be able to utilize it. Wait any longer and your muscles will go into a catabolic state.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
Scott M wrote:
True the RDA has always been the best bet for bodybulders

And here’s another thing about that 40 g(or 30, or 43, it keeps changing) per meal thing.

What’s the limit for how often you can eat for the body to utilize it in some fashion? Can I eat every hour, every two hours or every four hours?

You can eat every 83 minutes and 23 seconds.

Any sooner and your body won’t be able to utilize it. Wait any longer and your muscles will go into a catabolic state.
[/quote]

OMG WHY HASN’T ANYONE TOLD ME THIS!!?!!?!111?!