Higher Protein Pasta

I recently tried Barilla’s Plus pasta, it’s made with lentil flower and egg whites for extra protein. It also has a decent amount of fiber and EFAs from flaxseed. But most importantly it tastes good, way better than whole wheat pasta.

[quote]Hog Ear wrote:
I recently tried Barilla’s Plus pasta, it’s made with lentil flower and egg whites for extra protein. It also has a decent amount of fiber and EFAs from flaxseed. But most importantly it tastes good, way better than whole wheat pasta. [/quote]

I just made some pasta salad with the same brand this weekend and it turned out great.

I like this stuff, too!

I use whole wheat pasta, and it tastes okay to me! I dont notice much difference to regular. How much protein is in the Barillo pasta?

The whole wheat I am eating has per 85g dry pasta:

9 grams protein
11 grams fiber

[quote]mike08042 wrote:
I use whole wheat pasta, and it tastes okay to me! I dont notice much difference to regular. How much protein is in the Barillo pasta?

The whole wheat I am eating has per 85g dry pasta:

9 grams protein
11 grams fiber

[/quote]

Just checked the nutrition info on the box and this is what it says:

Serving size: 56g

10g protein
38g total carbs
4g dietary fiber
1g fat (0g saturated, 0g trans)
0mg cholesterol
25mg sodium

Just to bump this thread from a while back…

The store I work at in Canada just came out with an affordable High Protein Pasta product. I was just wondering your opinion on it. Here are the stats:

Serving Size: 91g
Calories: 330
Fat: 1.5g
Protein: 27g
Sodium: 320mg
Carbs: 51g
Fibre: 19g

Ingredients: enriched durum wheat semolina, modified wheat starch, powdered wheat protein, wheat protein isolate.

I was just wondering if thgis is a better alternative to whole-wheat pasta, if the protein is complete (I’m assuming its not) and if it would be suitable to have after my Surge shake postworkout.

Thank you so much in advance!

thats pretty sweet…how much more expensive is it?

look pretty darn good the main thing NOT being the protein, get that from a complete source you add like MEAT, cheese, etc, the good thing IMO is all that darn fiber.

In Canadian prices, a normal bag of pasta is $1.19 and this is $2.19, so only a dollar more…

Should I still count the 27 grams of protein towards my daily total? Of course I will be eating the pasta with a meat (probably chicken) but it just seems like such a high number not to add to my total.

[quote]Phill wrote:
look pretty darn good the main thing NOT being the protein, get that from a complete source you add like MEAT, cheese, etc, the good thing IMO is all that darn fiber. [/quote]

Yeah. That’s ridiculous. 19 grams of fiber in a 330 calorie serving? Are you sure that’s right?

Ya I’m sure, pretty sweet eh?

Heres the link: www.presidentschoice.ca/FoodAndRecipes/BlueMenu/ProductDetails.aspx/id/17071/name/PCBlueMenuPenneRigate/catid/240

Might be only available in Canada tho…

Sorry to be a knob but it’s pretty shitty quality protein so i wouldn’t really count it towards a daily total. The high fibre part’s a huge bonus though.

[quote]Diablo9845 wrote:
Ya I’m sure, pretty sweet eh?

Heres the link: www.presidentschoice.ca/FoodAndRecipes/BlueMenu/ProductDetails.aspx/id/17071/name/PCBlueMenuPenneRigate/catid/240

Might be only available in Canada tho…[/quote]

Wow