T Nation

Higher Fasting Glucose on the AD

Hey all,

I just got back into lifting about 3 weeks ago after a long break. And to get back in I figured I’d give the anabolic diet a shot for this bulk.

It’s great, I feel more energetic, it’s easier to get calories down, I regret not trying it earlier. BUT, I do have a concern of which, the science is over my head. Just to see how I was doing, I bought a glucose meter(Bayer Contour, suppsoed to be one of the more accurate ones)I’m not diabetic, but I did want to see if the diet was doing anything with my blood sugar. To my surprise, it is…

Now before I went on this diet I had fasting glucose readings of 73-80/ml, and to my surprise this morning after being on the diet for around 3 weeks or so my fasting glucose was 93/ml. Maybe just a fluke, I’ll have to try again tomorrow.

Now the night before I had virtually zero sugar, my dinner was 2 chicken breasts, an avacado, and whey+almond butter.

I did try some new sets that night as well, and my back was sorer than it’s been in a long time.

To anyone who might have an idea, what could cause this?? Would the physiolgical stress from the night before be a factor?

Realize this is incredibly specific, but if you have a thought I’d love to hear it.

Best.

[quote]imagine wrote:
Hey all,

I just got back into lifting about 3 weeks ago after a long break. And to get back in I figured I’d give the anabolic diet a shot for this bulk.

It’s great, I feel more energetic, it’s easier to get calories down, I regret not trying it earlier. BUT, I do have a concern of which, the science is over my head. Just to see how I was doing, I bought a glucose meter(Bayer Contour, suppsoed to be one of the more accurate ones)I’m not diabetic, but I did want to see if the diet was doing anything with my blood sugar. To my surprise, it is…

Now before I went on this diet I had fasting glucose readings of 73-80/ml, and to my surprise this morning after being on the diet for around 3 weeks or so my fasting glucose was 93/ml. Maybe just a fluke, I’ll have to try again tomorrow.

Now the night before I had virtually zero sugar, my dinner was 2 chicken breasts, an avacado, and whey+almond butter.

I did try some new sets that night as well, and my back was sorer than it’s been in a long time.

To anyone who might have an idea, what could cause this?? Would the physiolgical stress from the night before be a factor?

Realize this is incredibly specific, but if you have a thought I’d love to hear it.

Best.[/quote]

not sure yet as to possibly why, but 93 is still in the normal range, so that’s good