Higher Ed for Trainers?

I would sooner go to someone who has trained and built champion athletes than someone who has alphabet soup after their names.

I’d prefer both in one trainer.

[quote]Anthony Roberts wrote:
I would sooner go to someone who has trained and built champion athletes than someone who has alphabet soup after their names.

[/quote]

UMASS? Really? That would be convenient - better than moving to Indiana! Their programs look like what I’m looking for.

How “good” is “good?” Does anyone know anything about that program?

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
Oh, and a few other good graduate schools…

1. Texas
  2. Memphis
  3. Eastern Carolina
  4. Springfield
  5. UMASS[/quote]

Wow. East Carolina. That would be college all over again. Awesome.

I’ll have to agree with buffalokilla: find who you want to work with, and go to the school where they are. Start looking at research in areas that would interest you in peer reviewed publications, then make contact with the researchers you are interested in.

I went to Appalachian State University for my graduate work because I knew Dr. Michael Stone was there and had done a ton of research in strength training.

You’ll never regret what you gain by furthering your education and it will give you the fundamental knowledge that will set you apart from a lot of other trainers. That education, along with a ton of hard work and time training people will put you on the path to success.

Blake