Highbar Squat Form

Does my form look right?

[quote]Fleshor wrote:
Does my form look right?

Looks fine to me. What is going on that leads you to question it?

I switched from low bar to highbar. My shoulders always hurt the day after low bar squatting. But a few weeks ago someone told me that the bar has to stay more over the heel-area of my foot and not the toe-area. But i can’t be more upright to be more over the heels. that’s the reason i ask this. So i thought to get some tips from a oly-lifting forum.

[quote]Fleshor wrote:
I switched from low bar to highbar. My shoulders always hurt the day after low bar squatting. But a few weeks ago someone told me that the bar has to stay more over the heel-area of my foot and not the toe-area. But i can’t be more upright to be more over the heels. that’s the reason i ask this. So i thought to get some tips from a oly-lifting forum.[/quote]

Your feet pressure looked fine for general training. You could shift a little more to your heels but it depends on your goals. If you expect to be in a upright torso “hole” position as a clean catch or bottom of snatch, consider making that adjustment. If you are training for overall strength, keep the torso position you showed in the video, it is pretty good and will give you more lower back strength.

Tried today to shift a bit more to the heels…

And did some front squatting…

Everything felt spot on today…

When i first started highbar squatting i used weightlifting shoes to get to proper depth…now i can do that with my ‘‘normal’’ training shoes…

some of the best form I’ve seen. good job!

Could you watch my deadlift and stiff legged deadlift too?

Deadlift:

Stiff legged:

I ask because my back feels straight when I bend down but it is not.

I mean this below. if I bend down without a shirt on.

See…

Looks weird…

[quote]Fleshor wrote:
I ask because my back feels straight when I bend down but it is not.

I mean this below. if I bend down without a shirt on.

See…

Looks weird…[/quote]

tight hamstrings?

Open up your hips by pushing your knees and feet apart throughout the lift - this will keep your glutes involved. You may have to actually spread your knees apart before performing the lift to let your balls drop and to set yourself in a good position. During the lift, brace your abs and back and don’t let it relax at the bottom of the lift so you can properly hinge.

You hinge at the hips well during the squat because your feet are pointed out and you’re using your glutes to open your knees. With the deadlift, you’re treating it as a completely different movement and not using your hips in the same way, likely due to the closer stance. If it feels that much different, try working with a narrow sumo deadlift stance so you’re using your hips effectively and then slowly move your stance in over time. You want your glutes and hamstrings to be involved throughout the hip extension.

Got some footage from this week…

Hey guys…

I just want to get the barpath in my squat checked…

Is it optimal now?

I try to get into weightlifting-shoes…

Overall it feels good.

But why is my depth not that great?

It’s like that I’m just slightly below paralell.

Just wanna post one more time.

I moved my stance a bit outward to see if gets better but i think it´s not. It always looks like my back is curved or something in the bottom position. But in every video i watch from hookgrip or all things gym and i see those weightlifters they´re nearly completely straight through the hole squat from top to bottom and back up.

And I can´t keep my hips under me for f*** sake.

In regard to your depth when you first got into squatting shoes, you’re squatting deep as hell man, if you’re looking for that crazy Olympic klokov depth, then maybe sit back more onto your heels. But you’re perfectly fine man. I think you’re worrying a bit too much! Also with the shoes it raises your heel slightly so maybe to you it’ll appear you’re not squatting as deep because of that.