fT3 - 6.2 pmol/L (3.5 - 6.5)
fT4 - 20 pmol/L (10 - 23)
Cortisol - 584 nmol/L (AM: 110 - 607)

april 2012

TSH - 2.45 mIU/L (0.35 - 5.00)
fT3 - 5.4 pmol/L (2.6 - 5.7)
fT4 - 19 pmol/L(12 - 22)
Cortisol - 565 nmol/L (AM: 65 - 540)

any help interpreting these would be great. i dont understand why TSH is high when ft3 and ft4 are normal yet i still feel hypothyroid.

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:
april 2011

TSH - 2.48 mIU/L (0.5 - 4.70)

april 2012

fT4 - 19 pmol/L(12 - 22)

any help interpreting these would be great. i dont understand why TSH is high when ft3 and ft4 are normal yet i still feel hypothyroid.[/quote]

A very possible cause is you have hashi’s. Have you ever had the antibodies test to confirm if in fact you do have hashi’s.

The tests are Anti TPO and Anti TgA. Probably best to get them checked.

[quote]iroczinoz wrote:

april 2011

TSH - 2.48 mIU/L (0.5 - 4.70)

april 2012

fT4 - 19 pmol/L(12 - 22)

any help interpreting these would be great. i dont understand why TSH is high when ft3 and ft4 are normal yet i still feel hypothyroid.[/quote]

A very possible cause is you have hashi’s. Have you ever had the antibodies test to confirm if in fact you do have hashi’s.

The tests are Anti TPO and Anti TgA. Probably best to get them checked.[/quote]

no i never tested antibodies. i figured there was no reason because i have none of the signs of hashis or an autoimmune disease. no hairloss, no droopy eyelids, no dry skin, no depression, no swelling of legs or ankles, no constipation, etc.

the only signs of hypo i have really are tired alot, could sleep 12 hours and still not feel refreshed, and gain weight easily and have trouble dropping it. oh and brain fog.

if it makes a difference i took an adrenal support formula in march-april 2012 right before the 2012 blood tests were done. this cleared up alot of symptoms associated with adrenal fatigue.

cortisol AM - 2012
Cortisol - 565 nmol/L (AM: 65 - 540)

I would look somewhere other than thyroid. Yours appears to be perfect. I see no glaring evidence of Hashi’s, your TSH was similar on both tests as were your other values. Hashi’s will cause swings in these. Granted you may have just missed the swing. Get the antibodies done if it helps you sleep at night, but be open to other causes for your issues. There are many.

Agreed ^^

thanks for checking in guys.

i was under the impression that a TSH around 1.5 is optimal and anything above 2 is trouble. also my body temperatures are 96.6 to about 97.6 F. upon waking theyre as low as 94.6. ive been supplementing with iodine the past week, and it has brought my temps up a bit.

i was under the impression that a TSH around 1.5 is optimal and anything above 2 is trouble. also my body temperatures are 96.6 to about 97.6 F. upon waking theyre as low as 94.6. ive been supplementing with iodine the past week, and it has brought my temps up a bit.[/quote]

Been around the thyroid boards a bit and generally most have said they feel best at 1 or slightly below.

Then you get a few who feel best at 2, so it really is individual on what TSH value is optimal.

As far as symptoms go they vary wildly and you could have 1 or multiple.

You just have to systematically try and rule out possibilitirs untill you hopefully come across it and find it.

Do you snore?

[quote]iroczinoz wrote:

i was under the impression that a TSH around 1.5 is optimal and anything above 2 is trouble. also my body temperatures are 96.6 to about 97.6 F. upon waking theyre as low as 94.6. ive been supplementing with iodine the past week, and it has brought my temps up a bit.[/quote]

Been around the thyroid boards a bit and generally most have said they feel best at 1 or slightly below.

Then you get a few who feel best at 2, so it really is individual on what TSH value is optimal.

As far as symptoms go they vary wildly and you could have 1 or multiple.

You just have to systematically try and rule out possibilitirs untill you hopefully come across it and find it.

Do you snore?[/quote]

nope, dont snore.

ive ruled most stuff out, right now im trying iodine. seems to be raising my body temps a bit.