High Test TRT Dose but Low Testosterone Labs?

OK fellas this is my first post! TRT clinic in Charlotte has me on 300mg of cyp a week and .5 \ 500 arimidex\ HCG 3 times a week. My lab results for test were 352. I take shots on Mon and thursday. Doc told me to take 400 a week and my arimidex\ HCG dose Mon thr Fri. Thats a awfull big dose on trt. I’ve been on trt for 4 years. Initially taking 200 a week put me at 680 when I first started. Can anyone offer any advice

[quote]Goincrazie wrote:
OK fellas this is my first post! TRT clinic in Charlotte has me on 300mg of cyp a week and .5 \ 500 arimidex\ HCG 3 times a week. My lab results for test were 352. I take shots on Mon and thursday. Doc told me to take 400 a week and my arimidex\ HCG dose Mon thr Fri. Thats a awfull big dose on trt. I’ve been on trt for 4 years. Initially taking 200 a week put me at 680 when I first started. Can anyone offer any advice[/quote]

Holy TRT batman! Quite a doses they make you take!
I don’t think you would fall in to the category of testosterone hyper metabolizer. Has your doc given any kind of reason / explanation?

Could you give us more labs please?.
Please include measurement units.

Do you have lab results of?

FT
TT
SHGB ( would be highly interesting if possible )
E2
Thyroid tests T3/T4
Prolactin

Any symptoms of either Hypo/Hyperthyroidism?

Late last year my labs looked normal the doc said other than my total estrogen was high (85). Put me on the arimidex\ HCG subligles and said that outta fix it. I have been under alot of stress dealing with a separation. I don’t know if that could be contributing. You guys think I should lower my dose

After reading some hyperthyroid articles I may be a candidate . so can hyperthyroidism B causing my issue

[quote]Goincrazie wrote:
After reading some hyperthyroid articles I may be a candidate . so can hyperthyroidism B causing my issue[/quote]

Total estrogen is useless.
Next tests tell your doc to test e2 aka estradiol specificly.

[quote]Goincrazie wrote:
Late last year my labs looked normal the doc said other than my total estrogen was high (85). Put me on the arimidex\ HCG subligles and said that outta fix it. I have been under alot of stress dealing with a separation. I don’t know if that could be contributing. You guys think I should lower my dose [/quote]

Stress definitely does lower levels in the case of normal testosterone production. I don’t know the science behind it though and cannot tell you how. It’s propably because of cortisol.

Not sure if stress could cause that noticeable difference when using exogenous source but i think there’s something else preventing it from working.

Possibilities:

1. Your high testosterone doses may have suppressed your SHBG to the point where your body cannot hold on to the testosterone. SHBG is important to hold onto and transport testosterone in the blood, and if you lack SHBG, testosterone will wash out of your body quickly. High T doses are well known to reduce SHBG (google, e.g., Mayo clinic reasons for low SHBG). Even your initial dose of 200 mg per week was double what normally would be prescribed for TRT. These high starting doses are unfortunately common practice among TRT clinics who care more about being popular among the muscle-building crowd than their patients’ health.

If this is the case, you will only make the problem worse by continuing the high T doses, which will only suppress SHBG further.

1. The product may be crap or watered down. Are you getting your testosterone from a pharmacy or is the clinic forcing you to buy it from them? If the latter, is it a fixed treatment cost or do they get to charge you more for the higher dose?

I get my test from rite aid pharmacy so its legit. Should I lower my dose to 150 a week for a while and see what happens?

How do I improve SHBG if that’s the cause

[quote]Goincrazie wrote:
How do I improve SHBG if that’s the cause[/quote]

You would first need to confirm whether SHBG is in fact low, which requires bloodwork.